This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

To gavin (who hinted he might be able to help on this) and anyone who is iterested in the Tournament settings. please see the topic general forum for the background to this if necessary…..

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1730&sid=c262b07b1de1aa6b53cc4712370d316a

I have been trying to set up a tournament server temporarily from my machine in order that people could try it out for a practice run on the qualification rounds. It seems to not show up on the server list, but I have been able to connect to it by entering my IP adress -> 127.0.0.1:27270 (albiet from my machine). Can a few pople please try to connect and let me know if they succeed? It is good machine but may not be good for heavy traffic if I am using it for other things at the moment – remember this is a warmup.

Being as I am unlearned in the ways to actually mod the game (so far), to achieve the settings i want (for 10 players), I have set up the server as so:

10 rounds, 15 turns ea.
    winner is based on kills
    arms level 3 (adds chutes and batts….shields are arms level 2! but its ok,
    there will be very little money for them)
    start money is 10K
    buying begins at round 1
    interest is 10%
    money per hit is 100
    money per kill is 0
    money per win is 5K
    winds are set to F3 to F5
    falling distance is 1
    walls are always wrap – no sands no caverns

main problem so far: how to turn off tank deaths.

Thanks for reading,

Boy

Miroslav
    Participant

hm ip number seems to be allright..
    but i cant connect .. ill try again later
    money per hit 100 and 4 win 5000??
    if kills are more important than wins ???

Panther30
    Participant

the ip number you gave is the internal ip for the server. To connect to your server we will need the external ip for your modem. I usually get this by checking the status of my network router in its web-based settings or pinging my server machine.

BOY
    Participant

@miroslav wrote:

hm ip number seems to be allright..
    but i cant connect .. ill try again later
    money per hit 100 and 4 win 5000??
    if kills are more important than wins ???

yes, the kills are more important, the win then is worth more money, so it is worth something (only 1 will get) , the round win will therefore help alot to get more kills….. The kill is the mode for scoring and winning, the round wins are a way to get cash. if i set round wins to less money what is the point at all to winning the round? am i making sense?

health = money
    kills =points
    wins = extra mony
    (tie based on money i think)

BOY
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

the ip number you gave is the internal ip for the server. To connect to your server we will need the external ip for your modem. I usually get this by checking the status of my network router in its web-based settings or pinging my server machine.

I think the problem may be that I am on a network….. my local machine ip is not the right IP? i dunno what internal and external IP’s are…. I will do some exploring….

BOY
    Participant

OK, i got an ip address from whatismyip.com but now i am wondering….. does giving out the IP address create a security problem for me?

Panther or anyone, are the IP’s listed on the servers page something that is assigned by the registration server, for additional security?

Panther30
    Participant

the ip is assigned by your internet service provicer.

Panther30
    Participant

if you are on a network, your ip will be listed in ther router’s status page. find out how to access your network router’s settings and look there.

Saddistic Fungus
    Participant

WALLS SHOULD BE RANDOM… This is the way we always play.

I somewhat agree with the winds, but also it is easier to make shots in high winds sometimes, and sometimes that is gonna screw over players if they are against the wind and have no chance in hell of hitting that player at other side of map.

I also think the money for kill should be 500$, why would you get money for a hit and not a kill????

You should start with 15k and buy in round 2, the baby missile only round makes it more exciting because it is vital to get ahead in the cash race and it makes the game more amusinng..

my 2 cents

Saddistic Fungus
    Participant

I cant connect to server either FUCK!
    I dunno how to check my external IP I dont have a damn modem I got ADSL. UGH!

BOY
    Participant

sorry about my server, I know I suck at this…. I am trying 😳

@Saddistic Fungus wrote:

WALLS SHOULD BE RANDOM… This is the way we always play.

I somewhat agree with the winds, but also it is easier to make shots in high winds sometimes, and sometimes that is gonna screw over players if they are against the wind and have no chance in hell of hitting that player at other side of map.

I also think the money for kill should be 500$, why would you get money for a hit and not a kill????

You should start with 15k and buy in round 2, the baby missile only round makes it more exciting because it is vital to get ahead in the cash race and it makes the game more amusinng..

my 2 cents

First: the point is not to play the way we always play, this is gonna be a qualifying match for final game. Skilled shooting, is the goal with some changes to make it improved from the missle range.

on winds: you just made the case for not playing the way we always play!!! that is the whole reason for walls always being wrap, to prevent unreachable situations……. I’ve said this before 😡

the reason for kill beign worth no money is that the kill is well, THE KILL. wiiner of the game is based on the kill, the KILL is the main goal, NOT MONEY. you only get money for damage, so in fact, YOU DO get money for a kill so long as the guy has at least 1 health The idea is to limit money, to have the initial money be the main thing. THINK about it, you would rather have a kill than $1000 right?????????.

Lastly, you seem so concerned about the guy who has no chance due to wind… what about the guy who has no chance in round 1 because he has a nasty spot? There is small interest anyway THIS IS NOT A CASH RACE
    , so no spending on round 1 does nothing. It certainly does not make it more exciting IT MAKES IT LESS SO, the only thing pople can buy is missle as far as weapons go, fuel is actually an option too, so that could be used to get out of a jam, but it will not be cheap. They at least have the option.

you need to take a closer look at what is going on here!

Boy

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Once you decide on the rules I can set up a server if you want…

BOY
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Once you decide on the rules I can set up a server if you want…

i realize now that my settings are still bad for what I am aiming for. 😕
    i need a special weapons set. The main problem is that diggers and baby rollers and baby sandhogs are only arms level two while parachutes and batts are arms level 3. 😥 If it is not too much trouble could you reorganize the arms levels? it wont do to have diggers without cheap parachutes and batts.

really all that is needed is missiles and chutes and batts and fuel only.

other acceptable weapons (at thier current prices) might inculde the baby nuke, small shields, riot bombs, with limited money ……

If this is something annoying……….
    The settins will need to be arms level one with very very little money.

Thanks again, let me know

Cheers,

Boy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.