This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

paper
    Participant

How about an option for full servers to kick a user after 3 full games, and not allow them on for about 3 minutes? That way, people who are sitting, waiting for hours on end trying to get into the server can actually play?

I think this would make it more fair. I’m not accusing anyone of stat whoring, but that is unintentional the end result.

-Paper, sitting, hitting connect every 10 seconds until someone quits or crashes from the main “Scorched3D (Player Stats, No Bots)” which is apparently set to only allow 12 people. 🙁

PS. Was it always set to 12 people max?

Willis
    Participant

no it wanst always, why it is in sorts baffels me.

If there wanst such lag between making a move and seeing the results.. id say get more people.

Heres a diff aproach – what if we had unlimited spectators (or a max 24) – but if we got 12-24 (whatever) players, person cannot hit OK to play.

Bobirov
    Participant

@paper wrote:

PS. Was it always set to 12 people max?

No, it wasn’t. Gavin posted this in my forums at ApocHQ a few days ago. Probably why he reduced the player max to 12 instead of 24.

@willis wrote:

Heres a diff aproach – what if we had unlimited spectators (or a max 24) – but if we got 12-24 (whatever) players, person cannot hit OK to play.

Unlimited spectators??? All that would do is cause even more lag heh. Shot data has to be sent to spectators just like everyone else. Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble here, but I don’t think that idea is going to work. Glad you’re trying to think up a solution here, but I don’t think that is the one.. 😉

Wait, I’ve got an idea for people that can’t get on to the official servers when they are full. Why not check out another server for a bit? The official Apoc servers have stats enabled as well and can be quite fun if you give it a try. Seriously, I’m not trying to be annoying here, but there are other servers with people and stats you know.. 😉

hoopy frood
    Participant

I dont know how the game stores the stats but why not have it just ‘spawn’ another server when the first is full. If the two servers have lack of players it could shut down second one until more players are needed.

Is it not possible to have two single player stat servers running at the same time?

Automatic server addition/reduction sounds like the key….but doable?

Hoopy

Wowbagger
    Participant

^
    ^
    ^

Hoopy read my Mind! 💡

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Its the not the server code or game code that is the problem. The problem is that I am now running out of bandwidth for my server (machine). If I allow more people (or start more servers) it will just (more) laggy and keep kicking people for no reason.

Limitting the players will at least give the connected players a good game. I am looking a server with better bandwidth but it is very costly.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Its the not the server code or game code that is the problem. The problem is that I am now running out of bandwidth for my server (machine). If I allow more people (or start more servers) it will just (more) laggy and keep kicking people for no reason.

Limitting the players will at least give the connected players a good game. I am looking a server with better bandwidth but it is very costly.

Oh that’s not good to hear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.