This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Loke
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Loke, you never fail to amuse.

NAKED

I’m so happy that I improve your quality of life – joy, amusement and fun, things we all like. Some of us even enjoy to share it with each other, it could be a good evening with family or friends, a concert or meet up virtually in some place in the intertubes to kill each other.

Wherever you go there a RULES, the written ones and there are social conventions (don´t mix up the family dinner and intertube fun like killing) – are you still following me? Oh good. Now you and I behave differently in a multitude of social settings, if you are a healthy and social being that is.

In scorched there are rules and – it may surprise you – social conventions. If you are a normal person you will quickly realize that the use of dirt is funny if used sparingly and loathsome if someone always puts that crap on his own face. Are you still with me?

Now it appears to me that there are two endpoints of a range of possibilities.

1) You are unable to see those social norms/conventions

and

2) You are very well aware of them and disregard them

Now, as most of us play this game for fun, are you able to see that there might be a problem or two here?

Loke

NAKED
    Participant

Acid,

You didn’t swear at someone who needed swearing at, you swore at someone because you wanted to…because you were frustrated. Keep your frustration to yourself next time, or let it out in a way that’s less vulgar. It’s beneath you (maybe it’s not, in that case you must rise above it).

If you want marksmanship, the MCB server is down the hall. If you want huge weapons, there are many mods to choose from. If you want a little of both, main might be your thing. If you feel the need to cuss, then get out of the computer chair and go for a jog or try some yoga or something. Release some of the negative energy built up in yourself.

What does a game with dirt and hogs mean? It means more diggers, more ports and god forbid a little more forethought.

Loke,

You’re trying to defend the indefensible. Because it may be the norm, that in no way makes it right. Examples are eveywhere. Rules are in place to keep the social norms in check.

Since I’ve been back, I’ve seen many “social norms” change, and not many for the better. Things have been said that would not have been said if there were more players around. This is the way of things. Very few people around tends to lead to more inappropriate behavior. Decorum is put to the test when few are around and someone uses different tactics than most. Some have failed the test and this thread is the result.

I also play this game for fun. If muting a player, because of the raw sewage they smear all over the screen, is my only option then so be it. Meanwhile, I would like them to think about why they feel the need to do so.

Any player that feels the same as I will hopfully log their client and post here the absurd comments made by rude players.

I made some goulash for dinner, anyone hungry for leftovers?

NAKED

Acid22
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Acid,

You didn’t swear at someone who needed swearing at, you swore at someone because you wanted to…because you were frustrated. Keep your frustration to yourself next time, or let it out in a way that’s less vulgar. It’s beneath you (maybe it’s not, in that case you must rise above it).Err, no, no,no….& errmm ummm, no thanks

If you want marksmanship, the MCB server is down the hall. If you want huge weapons, there are many mods to choose from. If you want a little of both, main might be your thing. If you feel the need to cuss, then get out of the computer chair and go for a jog or try some yoga or something. Release some of the negative energy built up in yourself.I’m actually very positive thanks. You will never know how much I have enjoyed this thread 😀

What does a game with dirt and hogs mean? It means more diggers, more ports and god forbid a little more forethought.

Loke,

You’re trying to defend the indefensible. Because it may be the norm, that in no way makes it right. Examples are eveywhere. Rules are in place to keep the social norms in check.Like being known as ‘Naked Stoner, having a hash leaf as an avatar and publically announcing you will be naked online?. I must remember to get my children to read ‘Why Social Norms are Good’ by Mr Naked Stoned Bloke. 😆 😆 😆

I also play this game for fun. If muting a player, because of the raw sewage they smear all over the screen, is my only option then so be it. Meanwhile, I would like them to think about why they feel the need to do so.Is your dad writing this for you? 😉

Any player that feels the same as I will hopfully log their client and post here the absurd comments made by rude players.Yes, and remember to be kind to animals and mindful of those less fortunate than yourselves…Halleluya!

NAKED

tlon
    Participant

=D>
    Excellent thread amigos! I read it like morning newspaper
    Please dont stop

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Very VERY good point about the name and avatar there crackhead (I realise that sounded sarcastic, but it wasn’t meant to be)!

We’ve had this discussion about rude and offensive behavior before and I will again bring up a few examples of things some people/cultures find offensive while others see as normal acceptable behavior.

1) Swearing (or cussing for the colonials)
    Completely acceptable within the majority of my peer group, no word is offensive in general conversation. When words are directed AT people, it’s a different matter where even calling someone ‘nice’ could be offensive!

2) Scantily clad women
    Praised and loved in much of the world, in other parts HIGHLY offensive and a crime, in other parts just wearing a little clothing is offensive.

3) Electricity / computers / fast food (the modern lifestyle)
    While the majority of us here like and enjoy the ‘luxuries’ we have in this modern world of ours, there are many who believe/realize it will be the death of this planet and is leading the corruption of society.

My point?

STFU complaining that some people who are behaving normally for them are upsetting you and try to be more understanding or MUTE!

I’ve realised that you’re simply attention seeking and trying to ruin things or others and I feel I must tip my hat to you as you’ve been very successful. I won’t, because I’m a(n) ‘insert appropriate’.

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Baldric, Percy and Lord Melchett,

So that’s a no on the goulash then?

NAKED

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hi Baldric, Percy and Lord Melchett,

So that’s a no on the goulash then?

NAKED

So calling people names isn’t offensive then?

Wow trying taking some laxatives, maybe then you wouldn’t be so full of the preverbial brown stuff!

EDIT: Removed naughty word

NAKED
    Participant

Melchett,

We’re talking about cussing here, not name calling per say…you nitwit. 😀

There’s a time and place for everything. This is not the place for cussing.

Ok, I’m going to toss out the rest of the goulash if no one wants it…

NAKED

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Melchett,

We’re talking about cussing here, not name calling per say…you nitwit. 😀

There’s a time and place for everything. This is not the place for cussing.

Ok, I’m going to toss out the rest of the goulash if no one wants it…

NAKED

‘cussing’ as you foolishly call it in the context you use it is offensive, but we can’t mention about you offending others?

Moron!

Acid22
    Participant

The problem with accusing people of ‘defending the indefensible’ is that when made to look a little bit of a dopey Septic you then have to defend it……..

Goulash, whilst tasty can only be viewed as a diversionary tactic when made to look a bit daft. What with all the weed smoking and nakedness in front of your brother stuff. 😳

Loke
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Acid,

You didn’t swear at someone who needed swearing at, you swore at someone because you wanted to…because you were frustrated. Keep your frustration to yourself next time, or let it out in a way that’s less vulgar. It’s beneath you (maybe it’s not, in that case you must rise above it).

Oh great – you instruct people how to behave on the servers, I´m surprised you didn’t die of an overdose of irony while writing this. The fun part is that you somehow knew what Acid personally needs to swear at and what not. Ah yes – you are the innocent downtrodden minority that behaves perfectly well at all times.

@naked wrote:

If you want marksmanship, the MCB server is down the hall. If you want huge weapons, there are many mods to choose from. If you want a little of both, main might be your thing. If you feel the need to cuss, then get out of the computer chair and go for a jog or try some yoga or something. Release some of the negative energy built up in yourself.

Do you suggest that Acid has too good an aim for main? Why do think its called main and how old are you by the way?

@naked wrote:

Now you are telling people that your style of play is the only right style of playing – scorched is defined by the players – the majority of players, not by the lone naked puritan who blushes when the filters cut out what was written.

@naked wrote:

Loke,

You’re trying to defend the indefensible. Because it may be the norm, that in no way makes it right. Examples are eveywhere. Rules are in place to keep the social norms in check.

Its getting even more loony as you go along – rules are just formalized/written social norms, not something sacred you can hide behind while breaking social norms and this is so bloody Rommelesque of you.
    You got examples – care to share them?

@naked wrote:

Since I’ve been back, I’ve seen many “social norms” change, and not many for the better. Things have been said that would not have been said if there were more players around. This is the way of things. Very few people around tends to lead to more inappropriate behavior. Decorum is put to the test when few are around and someone uses different tactics than most. Some have failed the test and this thread is the result.

Now you once, twice, trice and whatever tell us that main is to be safe for kinder garden kids and very sensitive stoned puritans of course. That there where good old times and that you returned – which surprises me – did you ever leave?

@naked wrote:

I also play this game for fun*. If muting a player, because of the raw sewage they smear all over the screen, is my only option then so be it. Meanwhile, I would like them to think about why they feel the need to do so.

You’re breaking my heart;)
    *Your idea of fun is probably not the same as mine.

Do you imply that people who swear are somewhat less perfect than you? Oh my god – you’re right – now I see the light – wait maybe its just because I removed my palm.

@naked wrote:

Any player that feels the same as I will hopfully log their client and post here the absurd comments made by rude players.

I made some goulash for dinner, anyone hungry for leftovers?

NAKED

Here are some insults for you *** **** & ********* & ******* ******, hope your screen isn’t drenched in that nasty stuff you mentioned before.

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Acid,

Yes, goulash IS quite tasty.

I”ll put it in the freezer, you can warm it up after you get home from school.

Hi Loke,

Rommelesque! I love it!

Anything I say now would be repeating myself and I have posts to make elsewhere. Knock yourselves out, kids.

Ta ta for now…

NAKED

Loke
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hi Acid,

Yes, goulash IS quite tasty.

I”ll put it in the freezer, you can warm it up after you get home from school.

Hi Loke,

Rommelesque! I love it!

Anything I say now would be repeating myself and I have posts to make elsewhere. Knock yourselves out, kids.

Ta ta for now…

NAKED

Chicken;)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Come in for a game on my server 😛 (no hogs or dirt, just good fun)

You guys havent tasted a realistic scorched earth 😀
    Its a decent sized download but worht the wait for the daring.

Armor

Acid22
    Participant

Awww Stoneypops, Don’t give in yet! I want to hear why a public admission of being stoned and naked is morally better than a cheeky bit of swearing?

Loke,
    I hope you were’nt saying ‘*** ****’ That is pure filth you evil man. It’s nearly as bad as *********!. I can’t believe you have lowered your self to my level of debauchery. May the shame be with you. 😯

Cya later, assuming I’m not doing time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.