This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Eveyone,

There is alot I could say right now, but I will keep it short and to the point.

Cussing is rude.

I would like to know what actions an admin is to take when they see a player cussing. A warning? A muting? Any guidelines on this? If there are, how often do they really get implemented in-game?

I’m starting this thread for people who cuss at me, or anyone for that matter. If I have to mute the offending person, I guess that is what I’ll have to do.

This may not make a differance but I think there should be some kind of record of this.

Contestant number one…

Fri Apr 15 15:10:15 2011 – [general][Acid] : f*ck off & die 🙂

If this isn’t considered cussing then I guess it can be said to admins, noobs and anyone else without repercussions.

NAKED

tlon
    Participant

Hey Naked just do not provoke people to do it. Special naked missile here: http://img813.imageshack.us/i/missile.gif/

Acid22
    Participant

Aaaaaaaw bless him. :-({|=

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

To me, admins should take action against people using offensive language when kids/newbs/unknowns are in the game at the time.

Regs know there’s a mute function and can use it if they don’t like it.

We have the choice of putting up with your lame/rude gameplay or leave.

Atleast you can still play the game with people muted, you stop us from playing at all, so I think your little whine should shoved right up your ‘insert appropriate word here’.

naka
    Participant

f*ck off & die

What does f*ck mean? Sry i cant get it. It was Censored. :-k

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@naka wrote:

f*ck off & die

What does f*ck mean? Sry i cant get it. It was Censored. :-k

I think your avatar would have been better than :-k IMO

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hi Eveyone,

There is alot I could say right now, but I will keep it short and to the point.

Cussing is rude.

I would like to know what actions an admin is to take when they see a player cussing. A warning? A muting? Any guidelines on this? If there are, how often do they really get implemented in-game?

I’m starting this thread for people who cuss at me, or anyone for that matter. If I have to mute the offending person, I guess that is what I’ll have to do.

This may not make a differance but I think there should be some kind of record of this.

Contestant number one…

Fri Apr 15 15:10:15 2011 – [general][Acid] : f*ck off & die 🙂

If this isn’t considered cussing then I guess it can be said to admins, noobs and anyone else without repercussions.

NAKED

It generally depends on the Admin. Whether their active or proactive with their duties. kick, poor, slap. I wont be regulating the servers for it, I am mainly there to watch for hack/cheating/server setting tweaks.

The only time I will interfere with language is when noobs or young children are present, or hate speech, and slurs are used. Anything else is just game talk. I believe Vovan swears every time he misses, which has become his trade mark custom.

If you really felt offended by Acids comments, there is a mute option in your chat hud. Use it to your liking.
    Armor

Chopper
    Participant

Being that we’re mostly adults here…..consider what caused such an outburst from an old time player thats usually quite fun.

NAKED
    Participant

Hello all,

To Armor: Dirt, hogs and apparently smurfing are not against the Site Rules and Guidelines. “Generally offensive text” is. Chopper let me know that my hooker comment was offensive to him. No problem, I edited as soon as I saw what he said. The Site Rules apply to both the forum and the servers.

I thought admins were to take action in the form of a warning, muting or kicking when they saw a player cussing at others. I remember this happening a few years back, not any more?

I really don’t understand why you wouldn’t interfere unless noobs or children are present or in the case of hate speech/slurs. Define a noob? Define a child? Define hate speech?

New players should have the same protection from cussing as old players, and age should not matter.

To PR: “you stop us from playing at all” ? I don’t have the power to stop you from playing in any way. What I may have the power to do is to not let you play the game the way you want to play it, with no dirt.

Very well. If I have to mute every bloody last one of you, I will.

See you out there (but I won’t hear you),

NAKED

Acid22
    Participant

Look Naked,

You don’t physically stop people from playing. But your style of play does stop people from playing. It just does. Marksmanship and tactics are what most people play for. Your style of play reduces this game from chess to ludo. The fact that it’s not illegal won’t make people like it if they don’t. Take note of the ‘massive’ support you received to this post. I don’t swear at my children, noobs on here but I do swear at other drivers, suppliers and anyone else that I find irritating so take it like a man and stop trying to get my Mum involved you big baby.

Mute away bigboy, I can take the shame.

ps
    I wish you the best of luck in your quest for a third stats win. A hollower victory than an presidential election in Libya. =D>

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

ps
    I wish you the best of luck in your quest for a third stats win. A hollower victory than an presidential election in Libya. =D>

I certainly wouldn’t cheapen what the Libyans have gone through with SUCH a dismissive comment, but I would agree it’s ALMOST as hollow!

NAKED
    Participant

Hello Acid,

People are free to like or not like anything they want. What I’m bringing attention to is the fact that it’s improper for anyone to lower themselves to cussing, regardless of tactics, over this game. If I upset you to the point where you feel you have to cuss then you really shouldn’t play. In the end however, I don’t upset you, you upset yourself.

All I did was dirt and try to resign. Was telling you that you only had one more shot and to make it a good one really that bad of a taunt? No, not even close.

I’ve also noticed players usually only cuss at me when I’m winning the game. I must be winning alot lately.

Hollow victrory? Like when you let Tlon kill you the last few rounds so I wouldn’t win? That was quite funny. Next time maybe Tlon will let you kill him the last few rounds for the win. FFA at it’s finest, playing at it’s hollowest.

What I would like to see is a good old race to the top of the stats like it used to be. With the bot there, it couldn’t be more fair. The points are always there for the taking. Whoever has the most drive to win, will.

Maybe next stats series I’ll find some decent competition.

And a muting I must go…this is mutiny…eye of mute…Mute Gingrich…mute on sight…nevermind you get the point…mute.

The feeling is mutual,

NAKED

PS- Support (or lack thereof) of my post is irrelevant.

PPS- Chess. I’m skilled in the sicilian and semi-slav defences and would enjoy creaming you at a game of on-line chess.

Chopper
    Participant

Here we go again……the “I only use it because its there” card. For maybe the umpteenth time. #-o

This is getting so old.

You are not the first to use dirt,hogs and resigning and probably won’t be the last. Nor are you the first to provoke and rile people up and then cry “foul” when you get exactly the emotional response you’re looking for.

I guess I’ve never understood what drives people that seek this kind of attention….and probably never will.

Your absolutely correct Naked….its your right to play anyway you want……

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

It’s because the bot’s there you’ve managed to get top on skill.

You were battering the bot while his rank was alot higher, now you’ve battered it down, noone stands a chance.
    So no, not even in your sad pathetic and deluded world could it be fair having the bot in main!

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Chopper,

In no way am I trying to get an emotional response when dirting, hogging or resigning, I’m just trying to win. I don’t feel slighted when someone hogs me, I think…they shot a hog at me…I have no control over other people’s emotions.

Cussing, on the other hand…that’s it’s only purpose. Why else would someone do that?

I have another complaint.

I just played a mod that Armor set up. It’s a “live fire” mod that has no shot timer. You can shoot as fast as you can hit the space bar. It was awesome! Way more intense, way more. I almost broke the darn keyboard.

Thanks alot Armor, you ruined main for me!

I suggest everyone give it a try.

Space Bar!

NAKED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.