This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mooic 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

FREAK
    Participant

Here are a few tips for use against people who use fuel.

-Buy weapons such as Diggers and Sandhogs. Even if the player moves, the weapon will most likely do a bit of damage and/or trap them in a hole which will keep the player from moving any further.

-Players who move in close to you will most likely use weapons that are very effective at close range. (Lasers, Guns, Mirvs, Ect.) If you notice that they are trying to do so then try to do the same to them before they kill you.

-Dirt weapons should never be considered useless. If you plant a Dirt weapon in the right spot, you can bury the opponent and keep them from moving any further. This can also be used against non-moving opponents.

Well thats just a few tips I thought of.

If you have any more then feel free to post them here!

~FREAK~

Deathbal
    Participant

I have some advice I’d like to add. Don’t worry about moving opponents. Just kill kill kill.

BigBear
    Participant

I suppose you are referring to players inching around to avoid bbm’s in early rnds. Easy peasy really. Never ever run out of weapons to execute a dig ‘n roll. Dig ‘n roll rules!!!

@~FREAK~ wrote:

-Dirt weapons should never be considered useless. If you plant a Dirt weapon in the right spot, you can bury the opponent and keep them from moving any further. This can also be used against non-moving opponents.

Considered I like offesive dirting about as much as the plague, I had to comment. It works, I’ll give the technique that much. Just a reminder before taking that path though. If you go and use offensive dirting, be prepared for the fury of the mob hunting you down for numerous rounds following the display of such a horrific practice. 😉

Willis
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

Considered I like offesive dirting about as much as the plague, I had to comment. It works, I’ll give the technique that much. Just a reminder before taking that path though. If you go and use offensive dirting, be prepared for the fury of the mob hunting you down for numerous rounds following the display of such a horrific practice. 😉

If your an offensive dirt’r be CERTAIN you have secondary-weapons to finish the job.

And don’t wait, finish the job on the second or (if you MISS) third turn. Otherwise yes, you will have a witch hunt from other players. People can respect being put under dirt if you have a way to kill them, but not if your just going to make them sit and wait.

Chopper
    Participant

Chopperism #3

KILL ALL DIRT WEINERS 😈

Picci
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

If you go and use offensive dirting, be prepared for the fury of the mob hunting you down for numerous rounds following the display of such a horrific practice. 😉

rofl, it reminds me of when a friend i had just invited to scorched, dropped one of those dirt poops on Vihor… lol, and won the round with it 😀

yeah, but bear’s right, don’t do it, but if it’s your last day, last game, last 2 shots ever on scorched3d this is what u do:

This first way is the “high class dirting” kill, (the others are kinda boring):

buy a couple “tons of dirt” and a bbm and some napalm.

1. dirt the enemy
    2. keep dirting the enemy till he runs out of fuel
    3. poke a hole at the top with a bbm or a missile
    4. pour napalm in the hole (it’ll sink right down through the dirt and hit the target 😀

well, but as i said, never use this, maybe rather try this

1. dirt the enemy
    2. hog it

or this:

1. dirt the enemy
    2. dig the enemy
    3. roll the top of the dirt where a hole will have formed

BigBear
    Participant

@picci wrote:

1. dirt the enemy
    2. hog it

My eeeeeeeeeeeeeys, my eeeeeeeeeeeys!!! I’m almost blinded from reading of such a disgusting, vile and utterly evil tactic. Anyone trying this must be prepared for a vendetta (I would shamelessly recruit amongst fellow players to perform a little spanish inqusition action on anyone playing like this)!!! 😈 😈 😈

Picci
    Participant

an extra reason to waste $ on teleports and kill first shot, so that step 2 cannot be done 😉
    hehehee

BigBear
    Participant

@picci wrote:

an extra reason to waste $ on teleports and kill first shot, so that step 2 cannot be done 😉
    hehehee

Jokes aside that is the very reason for my aversion towards dirt as a weapon. The only way to counter dirt is teleports (anyone feeling the need to bring up riot charges and the like need not waste that argument on me since I have tested it extensively and find the results laughable). The difference in cost between these two is so high that it’s not even funny.

Back on topic the basic idea is:

If you have diggers and or area of effect weapons you are golden, only bbm left in your arsenal is made of phail!!!

jdog
    Participant

Shoot a funky ahead of the runner and watch the fun!

Deathbal
    Participant

Ton of dirt is a comical tactic used by noobs when they run out of money, and right before they rage quit. It is the furthest thing from respectable.

If you really want to introduce ton of dirt as a common practice, I suggest raising it’s price to at least funky level.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Ton of dirt is a comical tactic used by noobs when they
    run out of money, and right before they rage quit. It is the furthest
    thing from respectable.

If you really want to introduce ton of dirt as a common practice, I
    suggest raising it’s price to at least funky level.

and the funny part.. dirt is no defence at all again’st lasers; Nor
    does it hinder a player from aiming them from under a hill.
    You may just be doing them a favor, providing them with free, all
    natural, organic shielding.

easily removed with simple riots (everyone carrys them, don’t they?!?!),
    or escaped from by a swift Tele.

mooic
    Participant

@picci wrote:

@bigbear wrote:

If you go and use offensive dirting, be prepared for the fury of the mob hunting you down for numerous rounds following the display of such a horrific practice. 😉

rofl, it reminds me of when a friend i had just invited to scorched, dropped one of those dirt poops on Vihor… lol, and won the round with it 😀
    yeah, but bear’s right, don’t do it, but if it’s your last day, last game, last 2 shots ever on scorched3d this is what u do:

This first way is the “high class dirting” kill, (the others are kinda boring):

buy a couple “tons of dirt” and a bbm and some napalm.

1. dirt the enemy
    2. keep dirting the enemy till he runs out of fuel
    3. poke a hole at the top with a bbm or a missile
    4. pour napalm in the hole (it’ll sink right down through the dirt and hit the target 😀

well, but as i said, never use this, maybe rather try this

1. dirt the enemy
    2. hog it

or this:

1. dirt the enemy
    2. dig the enemy
    3. roll the top of the dirt where a hole will have formed

OMG i was there, i still remember it to this day cos i fell off my chair and nearly died laughing! 😀

How come this thread has reduced its self to this dirty talk again! :yawwwnnn: , Dirt is a weapon like any other, why the moanfest everytime it is mentioned?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.