This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DeVice 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

DeVice
    Participant

Did i dream it, or were we (in previous versions) allowed to schedule messages to be sent to players thru chat on a regular time basis ?

I’d like to advertize for the stats page of my shockmod server but have no clue how we do that now… ❓

Panther30
    Participant
    DeVice wrote:
    Did i dream it, or were we (in previous versions) allowed to schedule messages to be sent to players thru chat on a regular time basis ?

I’d like to advertize for the stats page of my shockmod server but have no clue how we do that now… :?:[/quo

look in scorched3d’s documentation folder there is an html document there called serverfiles.html that tells you what you need to know, except there is a minor mistake. hang on ill just post mine for you as an example. the filename has to be messages-.xml for mine it is messages-27270.xml it has to be placed in the .scorched3d directory on your server.

stats @ www.techthisout.biz/stats/

repeat time is time in seconds
    text is the message itself
    and you can put multiple texts at the same time
    you can also put multiple messages in this fille
    start tag for the file is
    end tag for the file is
    <anthing between and is the message that will repeat at at the specified repeat time for that message.

Think I pretty well covered anything that needs covered, having just learned this less than 24 hours ago.

hope it helps

–Panther30

DeVice
    Participant

Ah thanks.

I should have searched through the doc first, you’re right 😳

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.