This topic contains 59 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Hyde911 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

A team tourney sounds like a cool plan actually…

Trouble is, we’re struggling for players as is, let alone trying to have enough for teams aswell.

It would also cause alot of arguments as I could only play for one team :p

Raden
    Participant

Hmmm, u better not make it a team tourney PR, everyone will be arguing allright, trying to push you to the other team….:P 😆

Deathbal
    Participant

A team tournament is an excellent idea. I’ve rarely played teams, but when i have, it has been the most fun.

Viking62
    Participant

I.m in!! Whatever style you choose is fine with me. Just allow advanced notice so some players can be contacted (For instance-Jinx/Art Of Noise,on AE). I have been slacking on game play recently & I am a bit rusty…….I will have to look up Swanny to get my Slick 50 back!! LOL, PR cracks me up. . . .

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

I.m in!! Whatever style you choose is fine with me. Just allow advanced notice so some players can be contacted (For instance-Jinx/Art Of Noise,on AE). I have been slacking on game play recently & I am a bit rusty…….I will have to look up Swanny to get my Slick 50 back!! LOL, PR cracks me up. . . .

Well, you’re the one in the same guild as them… sort it out!!! (At least, I assume Vihor moved to [S3D] when [BILLY] ran like a bunch of girls into a ‘proper guild’)

I can chuck Jinx message tho, but I’m not sure I’d like players in there that are better than me :p

If anyone else still has contact with some of the old pros/regs, please get in touch with them, would be nice to get the old ‘scorched community spirit’ going again (I heard it was nice, ofcourse, I’m not OLD enough to know personally)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Update on current ‘plans’ should enough people be interested in daily ‘tension sweating’ fun….

The team idea was a damn fine one (great call POM) although I think singles is still hugely popular.
    Therefore.

We’re thinking of running two tourneys one after the other.

A team tourney to start with (players per team and number of teams will obviously be decided nearer the time) followed by a singles tourney shortly after the completion of the first.

Follow both of those a nice idea might be an exhibition match between the winning team and a ‘dream team’.
    The players for the dream team could either be voted for in a poll on here or simply be the best players from the singles tourney. Where a player ends up on both teams…. well, a fair solution is still needed, so any sensible suggestions are welcome.

The gametypes for each will be announced when the tournements are opened for applicants as will the rules for them (shot timers/wind strengths & direction changes etc..)

Official applications will start to be accepted in the tournement section from 01/07/09 (dd/mm/yy) and closed on 14/07/09.
    However, please ensure you have voted before that to give us an idea of numbers and what y’all wanna be playing…

Apologies for the disorganised manner the info is coming across, this is the first time I’ve done this here and without knowing if there’s enough people interested I’m not in a position to make plans and set them in concrete yet.

So, please, help us all out and spread the word in game to all those that don’t know this forum exists/don’t check in very often.

Thank you for your time and patience.

skywalker
    Participant

Would be cool teams mcb.
    Its gonna be fun i guess )

Max007Argentina
    Participant

MCB. Of course .. if i am the best. 😀

tnick337
    Participant

im up for it where do we sign up at peanut

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

We’re hoping to open registration for the Team tourney on 1st July 09.

Singles registration should then open on 14th July hopefully.

This will allow those players that havn’t played in some time to here about the tourney and work off the inevitable buildup of rust.

It also allows us the time to get the background admin crap sorted.

The biggest Issue I foresee atm is that the tournament registration page doesn’t support registration of teams, only individuals. Thus a solution is to be found to that aswell.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

The biggest Issue I foresee atm is that the tournament registration page doesn’t support registration of teams, only individuals. Thus a solution is to be found to that aswell.

We used to have team tourny support within the forums.

look at these pagse for info about BOY and my *failed* team tourny
    or should I call it a hijacked team tourny… BD and mandy it still hurts… 🙁 🙁 I feel back stabbed all over again.
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3057
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2960
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2980

Reading about that old team tourny makes me sad still 😥 😥

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Yea, I’m thinking about having everyone register in the tournament area, then post their teams in the appropriate thread.

I’m hoping for teams of 5, only 3 can play at any one time (and will be set for the match).
    This will allow teams to have players that can play at random/weird times.

Will be 1 team vs 1 other team.
    All teams will compete in one large league, with the top 4 then going to a knockout stage.

I just hope we can get enough players involved, but it really is gonna be tricky.

A few ‘suprises’ are being worked on at the moment to try and spice it up a little.

Thnx for the links.. any tips you can throw my way will be appreciated noob.

Outer
    Participant

Hi all, time since i post anything but the subject caught my eye 😉

I have an idea, a proposal: As a dear fan of tennis i am, i was thinking, what about a tennis like tournament. So, there will be a singles and doubles tournaments each like the previous mcb tourny… i am thinking about a current rank cut, so players that are aways from the first positions have to do a qualifiying rounds in order to earn a spot on both tournaments (maybe have to work on this…). I am thinking that something exciting will be that rounds have their special weapons… say 1st round is mcb only, quarter finals baby rulez… something variable so people can enjoy firing not just a particular weapon but several others…

I will think a litlle more on this matter as tournaments are really exciting and there arent much in which players can participate… be posting in a few days…

Cyas

Mcb Lover
    Participant

MCB +1

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

We’ve only got 16 people who’ve currently shown interest in this?

If we don’t get more, it’s gonna be a pretty crappy tournament.

Just hope that when the Team Tournament opens for registrations in a few days it will get more response than this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.