This topic contains 59 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Hyde911 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Hey All, been awhile since I’ve really been about properly and noticed there’s not been a tourney since August last year.

How many people are up for a new one?

With some help (I remember how much Outer had to do for the last one) I might be inclined to organise n such like.
    Might also help bring a few people back to playing again.

Not been part of a scorched tourney before?? You don’t know what you’re missing out on..

Amazing shots
    HUGE tension
    Embarrasing moments
    True sportsmanship
    Buckets full of sweat
    The chance for anyone with some luck or skill to do very well and have stories to tell (You really don’t have to be amazing to do well, DeathBal one it last year for crying out load and he sux @ MCB)

Vote, then Discuss (in that order I’ll funk over ya face :p)

EDIT/ADDITIONAL:

We’re looking to start the official registration process on the 1st July 09, where the new tourney should then be listed in
    tournamentlist.php

PLEASE still vote here so that we can get an estimate of the number of players interested, this is HUGELY important for the team tourney as we’ll need to decide on team sizes BEFORE registration begins.

Raden
    Participant

mcb plz….no discussion…hehe

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Discuss damn it!!!

Stupid Intel SSD owning bastage, all smug with his quickness. pfft :p

Raden
    Participant

😛 😆 whats there to discuss?

Acid22
    Participant

I’ve never entered one so I’m up for it. I’m also getting bored with playing badly on purpose just so I can destroy everybody in a tournament.

Chopper
    Participant

Peanut…peanut…. :-k …seems like I know someone named Peanut….

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

That’s cos ya such an old bastage Chopper, just a few years ago, you had a memory, well, what hadn’t been killed off with all the vices over the years anyway :p

Thrax
    Participant

had to vote negatory.. But continue for your own pleasure.

reason: I’m not really a tourny fan, prefer to come and go at will. Plus, while
    I did make MCB to satisfy demands of the masses, I am not a fan myself.
    Too limited, unimaginative, and lacks most of the strategy I enjoy from
    propper defences and counters.

Acid22
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

I almost feel guilty for voting ‘yes’ after reading that 😀 ……………I feel dirty now. 😆

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

TBH I did think about putting a mod option in there. My reasons for not doing so were:

1) Not ‘alot’ of people play them meaning they’d have to be learn’t by the masses. While this would be a good way to get people playing them, I don’t think many people would bother and would give a select few a ‘HUGE’ advantage.

2) There would be such division on which one to play that the votes would be hugely diluted, meaning the mod voters would vote themselves out of it.

Perhaps get some mod tourneys on the go… competition is great stimulate 😀

tumbleweed
    Participant

OK, ya talked me into it, MCB if you will…

Deathbal
    Participant

I am for any tournament but especially elimination tourneys. When it is elimination, it puts a lot of excitement into the game in the form of pressure. Although I have been known to crack under it’s weight, right Raden?

My personal opinion is that we have a tournament every couple of months. Should be all different kinds. Getting people together and getting someone to set it up is the problem.

Deathbal
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

There are no defenses and counters in mcb :D. But with the short clock, the wind change on every shot, and the pressure built up to not only kill your opponent, but to keep going in the tournament made it exciting for me.

I thought that was a big difference from just randomly joining a game and someone say….”Oh it’s mcb, is that ok with you”? oh ok, whatever. So I would join any tournament whether it be mcb, FFA, any mod for that matter if the competition was there. But like I said before, the “elimination” aspect is what brings it on.

Raden
    Participant

Yes Deathbal, I remember it clearly, and it was a real surprise result for me, but the pressure…oooh the pressure, I luv that kind of pressure =P~

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I’m up for my next butt wooping bring it on! I’d prefer standard weapons and possibly even a team tourney.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.