This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

I decided for my next model, I’d do a tank.

I’m making one of the most notorious tanks that ever existed, the Tiger II, which was one of the strongest tanks of WWII.

EDIT: Done. Must be logged in to download. Readme included.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Well, would you like me to add it to the zine? It looks like it’s going to be a nice project.

A.T.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Sure go ahead if you want to.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Updated progress pictures. I have the main body now done. I may do a little more scaling to it but for the most part it’s done.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Another update.

This time, I’m nearly done with modeling. The only things I have to do modelwise is put the exhaust pipes in the back of it and probably do a little more scaling to some of the parts.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

OOOOH cool!

I’d like to encapulate it into 5 thumbs on the “zine” okay?

If you can do the numbers on the turret, that would be bodacious!

Apollo

Deathstryker
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

If you can do the numbers on the turret, that would be bodacious!

Huh? I don’t understand. What numbers?

BTW, here is the final update. All modeling is complete. You can see in the pic, the exhaust system and the final poly count. 1,500 something polys. I cut it close to kinda high.

The last thing I need to do is *gulp* texture it and that, I think, will be harder than the modeling part. But if I screw up I’d like someone to do the texturing for me because it’s a nice looking model and I don’t want to have a crap texture job on it. (Reading this Cambo?)

EDIT: Put a pic up of the first test run in Scorched. Right now it looks like a toy Army tank but tomorrow I will start texturing it.

Ebonite
    Participant

Beautiful. Yeah, its 88mm (long) cannon was the best tank gun of the war, and coupled with German optics was far superior to the American 90mm. Although, the Russians did quite well with the 76mm they put on thier T/34. Only drawback on the Tiger II (aka Royal Tiger) was that the engine was under-powered for the amount of armor it carried, so it was slow. That, and the engine designs since the Panther had a tendency to break quite a bit.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Updated with two new pics.

I now have the texture coordinates in and the details. Now I need to color it.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks great. Also a nice insite to how the model is generated. Almost a modeling tutorial.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Great job!

That’s some amazing detail on the tank. taking a close look, you even have the steel towing cable on the side, and the radiator fans and wheels look great too!

Due to the fact that I was a little busy over the weeks-end, I didn’t grab the pics that you had posted earlier.

So, if you have them, I’d like you to email them to me (and the original tiger tank pic), so I can post them up on the weapons challenge page of the zine.

I have taken a few of the pillbox pics off of the page to make space, the great shots of it are still there though. I’ve included what you have here, so you can take a look if you want to.

Thanks in advance. mail to: molsondrinker@msn.com

A.T.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Maybe this file could help, the detail is different though.

YOU MUST CHECK THIS PAGE OUT!!!!
    Anyone modelling should!

http://www.scalelink.co.uk/acatalog/Stencilit___Pochoirs.html

Deathstryker
    Participant

That one looks more like a tiger I…. Where did you find that at on that site? I can’t find them on there.

BTW, I’ll send you those pics via email soon.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Updated with 1 picture showing base color finished. I still have to apply the red-brown and yellow paint, paint the wheels, exhaust, and paint a number on the turret.

EDIT: Another pic showing in-game appearance.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Updated with the second to last picture. All the camo is finished and matched up. Just have to refine everything a little more and add some “noise” to some of the camo patches.

I will probably release the model tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.