This topic contains 138 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I nominate Apache! 😈

There had to be ONE 🙄 😀

@rommel wrote:

Peanuts Revenge took on the tasks of dead wooding the admin list, appointing a lead admin and ensuring that no new admins are appointed during the reorganization period.

Uh, no I didn’t.
    There’s already a lead admin. Gavin. I’d simply like to have someone letting us know what’s going on etc, as Bear said.

It’s also upto the admins to appoint more if they feel the need IMO.

@rommel wrote:

Other than that no problems. PR is doing a fine job and everything seems in good order.

Thankyou

Rommel
    Participant

POM and PR

Oooops, sorry for the misunderstanding. I caint spell “lee-aye-zon” but the position you mention in construction lingo, would be the Lead. Gavin being the Foreman, General Foreman, Lead Engineer, Engineering Superintendent, General Superintendent and also the owner.

After more adaquate rules and guidelines are established and published; The liason officer’s duties should not generally be required for rules questions. Anyone, player or admin, can quote the published rules to those that need help and/or direct them to the forums. If the rules section in the game could also be expanded, most all of a players concerns could be answered easily by requesting that they press R. This even further lessens the chance for future problems with out creating new ones. That is my understanding of the purpose of this thread and also my understanding of the expessed intentions of all of the players that have posted here.

Note to Gavin :The Bots Server game description no longer says FFA, Bots First, MCB, No dirt, No lasers or anything at all. It appears that the game description has been deleted. Same goes for the No Bots Server. Funny stuff.

PR : On immediately replacing those dead wooded … I thought you reccommened against that due to the delay that it would cause in trying to eliminate the dead wood (the reoganization period).

If not directly, and not by power of suggestion, then maybe I compiled more than one of your posts into the idea below :

For your consideration :

Sequential replacement – one out – one in
    Waiting on the Absent Admins to vote would take forever.

Assume (it’s ok, it’s allowed) that half of the admins are inactive.
    All are inactivated at once with out attempting sequential replacement.
    Now attempt to immediately replace them from those that post in the forums.

Full and immediate replacement would require all of us to be appointed as admins and we still might not have enough. A fine kettle of fish that would be, eh? We’d be whacking and slapping like a bunch of pervs in the loony bin. Not the remaining players, each other. That might be fun for a game or two. We could even play without rules.

Later,

Rommel

apache64d
    Participant

funny..not so much actualy. cheers.

Rommel
    Participant

Screen cap removed.

Deathbal
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Welcome back. While you were gone … Peanuts Revenge took on the tasks of dead wooding the admin list, appointing a lead admin and ensuring that no new admins are appointed during the reorganization period.

WoW, Peanut was busy. A few weeks ago while Obama was over seas, I took on the tasks of dead wooding the secret service list, appointing a security tsar, trimming the rose garden, and making sure a new security detail was appointed to the family dog until reorganization.

Anyway Rom, I replied to your Grrr thread. I know you enjoy it so.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

Welcome back. While you were gone … Peanuts Revenge took on the tasks of dead wooding the admin list, appointing a lead admin and ensuring that no new admins are appointed during the reorganization period.

WoW, Peanut was busy. A few weeks ago while Obama was over seas, I took on the tasks of dead wooding the secret service list, appointing a security tsar, trimming the rose garden, and making sure a new security detail was appointed to the family dog until reorganization.

That’s because I have millions of brothers, sisters and cousins the world over.
    Incase you hadn’t noticed, my opinion changes with every post I make, I’m amazed none of you have realised it’s a different Peanut posting/playing eachtime. It’s tought for us to get these new fangled foil bags and to a computer ya know!

Cracking video AGAIN btw db!

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Deathbal :

Now that was funny. I am still laughing.@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

About the game description – I suspect that the default rules page overwrote the previous ones during the upgrade.

Would one of you put the old game description back in place until something more suitable is selected?

Thanks either way and especially for the laughs.

Sincerely,

Rommel

P.S. – OFF TOPIC BEYOND THIS POINT – I would go check the GRRR thread next but if it is this good, I think I’ll save it in case I need a good laugh tommorow. The mental picture of you trimming the rose garden was the one that got me.

Maybe you can work out a health care plan, that works and that we can afford. The one being planned now, might not cover much of us for more than burial expenses. Unemployed or unable to return to the workforce, end of the line. Next ! Those that die in line, free burial.

I didn’t know you had gone to D.C. but welcome back. Wipe the stupid and B.S. off of your shoes or you’ll have it tracked all over the forums. Unlike the D.C. crowd, we are trying to get something meaningful and lasting accomplished, not line our pockets.

It’s been rumored that an opening is coming up for someone especially clever to do some deadwooding in the CIA (on the CIA). Loose lips sink ships, mum’s the word. If you like cloak and dagger assigments, you should put in an application.

Recent Edit : Deathbal, you need to hurry, these assingments are temporary and they’re going fast.Fox News. SHAZZAM !!! Fox News again ! Sometimes I love them, most times I don’t.

Chopper
    Participant

Well POM…..looks like she’s off the rails again….sorry.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Yeah but I don’t mind this groups A.D.D. when it’s friendly 🙂

Outer
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Note to Gavin :The Bots Server game description no longer says FFA, Bots First, MCB, No dirt, No lasers or anything at all. It appears that the game description has been deleted. Same goes for the No Bots Server. Funny stuff.

It is now set on the main tab when you enter the game. Says
    Rules:FFA (Free for all).

BOY
    Participant

I had to stop reading somewhere not far after Chopper on page 1, I do regret not being here more often to see this thread grow into adolescence at 9 pages! Nice! I know we admins are not around much, and some never, but you just have to take a sec and look at it like a legacy thing, the names that are on there don’t need to be bashed for not being around, if gavin likes to leave them then fine. It might look like a cumbersome list but adding admins is not hard to do and along list does no harm.

and Chop is right, we should all have the honor of being blasted by critter.

about locking, locking topics IMO is for too high heat flaming, otherwise gripes go in a different section of the forums, the move feature is really neat mod tool.

BigBear
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I had to stop reading somewhere not far after Chopper on page 1, I do regret not being here more often to see this thread grow into adolescence at 9 pages! Nice! I know we admins are not around much, and some never, but you just have to take a sec and look at it like a legacy thing, the names that are on there don’t need to be bashed for not being around, if gavin likes to leave them then fine. It might look like a cumbersome list but adding admins is not hard to do and along list does no harm.

This thread certainly hasn’t followed a straight line and if you stopped reading at page 1 the above just makes me wanna shake my head. Critisism of the current system is not necessarily the same as bashing the admins in person or as a group. For example you have either not read or completely misunderstood the arguments I have made in this thread and in the past. As for mentioning Gavin that is getting pretty damn old by now. You know full well that he extremely rarely acts on his own accord when it comes to the politics of this community. Obviously he has the last word, but unless he is asked specifically “leaving it up to him” is nothing more than a “sweep it under the rug” tactic. Any way you slice it there are some valid and important points to be found in this thread and to just discard everything as nonsense is really sad AFAIC. Too bad, but on here history seems to be unable to do anything but repeat itself …

@boy wrote:

about locking, locking topics IMO is for too high heat flaming, otherwise gripes go in a different section of the forums, the move feature is really neat mod tool.

Agreed!

Deathbal
    Participant

Lets all attack eachother again,that was fun! =P~

Rommel
    Participant

Hi BOY :

Not wishing to fight; I will start by saying that it is good to see you again. Hopefully, after you read more of the posts, you will see the wisdom expessed in many places concerning the Absent Admins and come to a different conclusion. Those from Peanut’s Revenge, YEAH, I KNOW !!! and the other players should prove most helpful. Mine and those of admins can be easily ignored if you are pressed for time.

@boy wrote:

I had to stop reading somewhere not far after Chopper on page 1, …..

OFF TOPIC :

You haven’t mentioned the baby. Hopefully you have her home now and she is doing well. Screaming and crying at night and not letting you sleep, as babies like to do. I know that you are and will continue to be pressed for time for quite a while. Thank you for taking the time to look in on us. All is well (I think).

I’m sure that I speak for everyone in saying that we all hope the baby is doing well and that we hope to be seeing more of you soon.

Best Wishes,

Rommel

BOY
    Participant

Is this about game admins? Or moderators? Or both? I have not done any checking lately but I would venture to say that more than half on the admin list don’t play, and same for the moderators, more than half not posting any more.

Yes, thanks for asking about the baby, she is doing very well at home now. Crying and eating and sleeping a growing, that is all she is responsible for. Still no honest pooping. The plumbing gets hooked back up on Aug 18th and after a week of recovery hopefully back home again. #-o

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.