This topic contains 138 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

— Moderator’s note —

@ Romm & chopp
    No need to get personal. If you two wanna settle some score please do so in private and don’t spoil what has been mostly constructive until this point all things considered.

@ Irish
    Backseat moderating is neither needed nor wanted. If you wanna keep it constructive you are most welcome, otherwise keep out!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Really.
    This thread has gone up and down continuously.

Just as a decent discussion starts, it gets ruined. Get’s brought back on track, then smacked away again and again and again.

I too am guilty of this, but it seems there’re too many people here that are more interested in smacking people around than actually trying to work to resolve the issues a few of us have.

I went out last night and this thread was back on track, I’ve returned and it’s like a school playground.
    I’m actually beginning to see Apaches point about locking the previous thread, however these issues are going to continue to arise and emotions run high.

We need someone or some people to take this situation by the ‘bits that matter’ and sort the lot of us out.
    PLEASE.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Big Bear :

Thank you for interceeding. The suggestion that I offered Chopper was what I would offer a friend in the same position, it will not be repeated.
    @bigbear wrote:

— Moderator’s note —

@ Romm & chopp
    No need to get personal. If you two wanna settle some score please do so in private and don’t spoil what has been mostly constructive until this point all things considered.

@ Irish
    Backseat moderating is neither needed nor wanted. If you wanna keep it constructive you are most welcome, otherwise keep out!

Unless I have missed something worth celebrating, it seems that the admins aren’t interested in trying to improve the rules and guidelines at this time.

Failure to state a claim upon which relief can be rendered. Next case.

If this is how this thread ends, we will at least have the historic account of PR leading the charge on the Absent Admin issue. A fine job you did too PR, not too long winded at all.

Later,

Rommel

Chopper
    Participant

I saw no suggestion, certainly none friendly.
    Neither did I see an answer to the question.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Could we please get back on track.

I can’t find all the topics that were being discussed due to the amount of additional posts, so I’d like to bring my suggestion back to the fore please.

Admin cleanup / new admin voting. (EDIT: and admin spokesperson)

I would quite like to know if this is/could be discussed amoungst the admins and what kind of time period we’d be looking at for a response.

I know this is a bit of a double standard, but could we keep the personal attacks out of the thread now on and maybe have them instead in the complaints section instead. Thank you (that was a very hopeful thank you).

Rommel
    Participant

There is a motion on the floor. Could we please get a second on the motion from the admins?@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Could we please get back on track.

I can’t find all the topics that were being discussed due to the amount of additional posts, so I’d like to bring my suggestion back to the fore please.

I would quite like to know if this is/could be discussed amoungst the admins and what kind of time period we’d be looking at for a response.

I know this is a bit of a double standard, but could we keep the personal attacks out of the thread now on and maybe have them instead in the complaints section instead. Thank you (that was a very hopeful thank you).

Choose your words carefully PR, I’ve got a load of payback in my sack for you.

However, as long as you don’t bash your own posts I’ll give you all the room you need and wish you well.

Good luck,

Rommel

Chopper
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Peanut, in most forums, admins are put forward and voted on by the other admins.
    Bear made a good point about making it a general election.

We are however, trying to determine how many are active on the two servers that are Gavin’s and therefore our responsibility…..research is being done, the question has been asked and souls are being searched.

I see alot of the other admins most evenings here but I understand by that time you’re late there in BST. If more are proposed I think we need to cover europe a little better. As far an admin spokesperson do you mean in the “forum” or the “game”?

I think we can accomplish this in another week…..as it is tournament time.. =D>

Now wheres dat Viking?…..probably got his beer horn out down by the fjord.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

— Moderator’s note —
    @ Irish

Way to make an old player feel like crap BB thanks… 🙁 🙁
    I will try to keep out. 😳 😳

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Thank you Chopper.

I don’t really see a need for more admins, the currently active ones, like yourself, do a fine job of covering most times (I play 24 hours a day due to lack of job and replying to PMs all day :D).

A spokesperson on the forum, someone that maybe the community could vote for to be the middle man between us and admins (voted for out of the current admin list) who we’d take our problems too and be a voice for the admins.

Semeone that holds much respect with the players, has a level head and can speak on behalf of the admins, as opposed to the current situation where different answers are given at different times by different admins (mostly understandable, you’re all different people and if it’s not pre-defined, the response would vary).

This would allow a consistancy to the responses and ensure that what is said is respected and the view of the majority of the admins where neccessary.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

…has a level head and can speak on behalf of the admins, as opposed to the current situation where different answers are given at different times by different admins

i thought that was bigbear.

maybe you need better titles. greater admin, lesser admin, 4 star admin, maybe a clerk to take care of the necessary paperwork. (perhaps rommel).

someone take hold of peanuts’ bits that matter and give us a poll. (he keeps them in a drawer next to his self-help pamphlets).

btw – another suggestion/thought, if i may… id like to see more female admins.

sorry peanut. im just kidding.

we all know you dont have any

ah ha ha. ha ha.

: /

BigBear
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

…has a level head and can speak on behalf of the admins, as opposed to the current situation where different answers are given at different times by different admins

i thought that was bigbear.

I am not an admin, just forum moderator.

@chopp
    Thanks chopp for that update. That wasn’t so hard was it? I don’t think I am the only one liking that a whole lot better than “we are talking in private about current events”.Now appoint someone to do a current events update on a regular basis and you will go a long way towards not having so many ppl wondering what the hell is going on …

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I really do hate the fact that my topic was hijacked time and time again. What I was hoping for was and admin or all the admins to come out and speak publicly. Tired of wondering what will happen next.

So vote a speaker of the house and let them tell and or feed us what the admin positions is. We want to know! As far as the personel BS keep it to yourselves. The debate I spoke of a few post back does not include the BS that has hijacked my thread it is the fun stuff we all enjoy talking about.

This situation has been bothering me for some time. Just let’s get some admins that are jiggy with what is going on in the community and let’s post what is being done about the BS. That is all I’m asking for nothing else. Rom stop trying to stir the pot and admins try and let some pot stirring be done. It might be healthy for us all.

Deathbal
    Participant

I nominate Apache! 😈

Rommel
    Participant

A simple message to all current admins that says if you do not respond in X days you will be placed on the inactive list, will provide the list of active and inactive admins in X days.

Once you have two lists. The same message can be sent to those on the active list that have not been active in more than Y days.

Decide on the numbers preferred for X and Y and your are done with developing a policing method to eliminate the dead wood.

It does not require magic or calculas, only a little motivation.

This is not something that is limited to only the admins. Players are free to poll the admin list at any time by sending PMs.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi POM :

Welcome back. While you were gone … Peanuts Revenge took on the tasks of dead wooding the admin list, appointing a lead admin and ensuring that no new admins are appointed during the reorganization period.@pastor of muppets wrote:

I really do hate the fact that my topic was hijacked time and time again. What I was hoping for was and admin or all the admins to come out and speak publicly. Tired of wondering what will happen next.

So vote a speaker of the house and let them tell and or feed us what the admin positions is. We want to know! As far as the personel BS keep it to yourselves. The debate I spoke of a few post back does not include the BS that has hijacked my thread it is the fun stuff we all enjoy talking about.

This situation has been bothering me for some time. Just let’s get some admins that are jiggy with what is going on in the community and let’s post what is being done about the BS. That is all I’m asking for nothing else. Rom stop trying to stir the pot and admins try and let some pot stirring be done. It might be healthy for us all.

A heckler was shouting “we don’t need no rules” but wasn’t seriously injured. Other than that no problems. PR is doing a fine job and everything seems in good order.

The fun stuff is all yours.

Later,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.