This topic contains 138 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #56913

    Viking62
    Participant

    No, I don’t think you missed anything Irish.

    And Chopper, ya ol’ fart….shake it off & hold that head up

    Hah, Stevo ya bumped my post

    I had originally put this out in the “Server Admin Private” area of our forum. But, now I feel I need to post it here. I may not have worded this quite up to some of your standards–>But, it “is” from my heart<–

    Woah, I am a bit hesitant to post what I am thinking anymore. We are now called a “Clique” (A like minded group: usually targeting/ganging up on, people outside of a certain group). I always thought we were a very diverse group of people with differing opinions and we thought on a singular/individual plain. Chosen as “Admins” because of our love of this game & others thinking we would better serve this community as “Admins”. I do hope I was chosen for my traits online~I try to be~ courteous,calm(sometimes not easy),objective,kind,empathetic & Protect the servers/players interest against: Foul mouth talk/slander,Cheating,Player abuse in general. (among other things;I can’t think of right now).

    My honest opinion is: Sounds to me like a few regular players want to be “Admins” really bad….and are trying to come up with reasons to oust some of the current admins. What a mess this has become….. If people were this involved in their personal governments;(Real Life)/people they voted into office. The world may be a better place 😯 *I don’t remember being involved in any “Rule Makin” for this Scorched community*. I thought I was just a nice guy voted in/appointed as a server overseer for anybody that needed help with the game(new people), or reprimand abusive players only after asking them to stop whatever is altering good/sane game play.
    ~Still shaking my head~ Sorry, but I’m out of breath……. 🙄

    edited- If I or any of the other Admins have failed you/the community in some capacity-Let us know-But, know this….We are human also, and deserve the same dignity & respect as we try to convey to you. We don’t put ourselves on some soap box & demand anything…..no, we don’t think we are Gods. We love this game & want it to thrive just as much as all of you do. We all think differently;therefore we react differently to situations as they present themselves. Being an Admin is not easy & it is really hard(if not impossible)to please everyone.
    *Have a eventfully gracious day*
    /Da Vike

    #56912

    Outer
    Participant

    It is true, forums are for open discussion, but one has to know when to draw the line away from discussion. As the other thread, that is now locked and i won’t bring the subject, it went away from a discussion to pointless battling and really if you see the definition didn’t be changed at all. I have proposed to complement the guideline’s, such as preventing quitting and logging back again to deny kills as illegal actions written by Boy time ago, that is what i could rescue from that “discussion” and that is what is going to be done.

    As for ranting with the admins that has no point at all, some of us are often very busy and dealing with forums and gameplay can be demanding, but we do our duty with responsability as far as we can. Yes, some admins are just gone from the away as when a players decides its time to move on, just like that. But i can assure you that those admins aren’t currently posting and the ones posting i can assure you play em on a daily basis so they know pretty well what this game is about and how it is meant to be played. Just look at the stats.

    I hope i have clarified something, and remember when is a discussion and when it is just pride…

    Regards

    Outer

    #56914

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @irishbandit wrote:

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    As for admins keeping their positions when not active for over a year, no, I have to disagree Bandit.
    The list of admins that havn’t visited the forum or played the game for over a year is rediculous, yet you think that should they pop in, they should still have a say? Nah, their opinion shouldn’t carry the weight of an admin.

    I leave those decisions/opinions up to Gavin. Sadly most of you don’t know or have not played with many of the admins that are being discussed. As a player who has played with them it saddens me to see some of the things being said thats all.

    Who exactly are you talking about?? If they haven’t visited the forums or played the game in over a year whowhat exactly have they hurt??? What huge decisions have been made without our knowledge.

    But I don’t see that happening. Did I miss something? Chopper any other admin did I miss something??

    So I ask again what is the problem it looks like ‘Much ado about nothing’ to me.

    I’m not if all that was directed at me, or drifted to include others, if was all @ me, I think you’ve really misunderstood me and/or havn’t read many of my other posts.

    I worry that admins that have not been about for sometime could return to the admin forum and carry the game in a slightly different direction than one the active admins would have taken it in (probably for the worse).
    Outer says they’re not participating in the discussions, so, why remain?

    It’s not like I’m saying their names should forever be erased from scorched history, far from it, they’ll always be remembered and talked about (or have certain shots named after them) and can always return to the role should they return to the game.

    Should the inactive admins not be replaced, I do think active members should be asked to become admins (and in my current mood should NOT be voted to admin level by the community).

    @Da Vike wrote:

    My honest opinion is: Sounds to me like a few regular players want to be “Admins” really bad….and are trying to come up with reasons to oust some of the current admins.

    I believe you are half right, I’m not sure there’re members trying to oust anyone to become admin, but there’s a few that wish to get the spot.

    However, I’m not sure they appreciate how hard the role is.
    To not be able to speak ‘your mind’ openly and freely.
    To have to be an authority figure with your gaming buddies.
    To quickly put the appropriate ‘tweak’ codes in to redirect napalm/rollers/funks etc 😉
    To put personal opinion aside and be objective.

    Would do my head in, I love being able to be an obnoxious bastage and not really care about the concequences, it’s a game and I like to come and go as I like.

    Good luck to the admins, this is a tough time for you guys, just know you have plenty of support around here who are happy with the job you’re doing (or trying to do) and understand that mistakes get made and won’t hold it against you (till it suits us :p).

    #56897

    Rommel
    Participant

    Dear All :

    In a recent flurry of PMs with Apache, I asked him repeatedly to provide direct quotes where he thought I had said something untrue so that I could try to explain the misunderstanding. This went on for several hours but in the end, he had refused my every request for a direct quote. Thus, the fact that he is once again saying I told untruths is a bit of a surprise. When I sent my last PM, I thought we had taken care of this issue with my honesty. It appears that I misunderstood.

    @apache64d wrote:

    To all: look at the topic above this one. That topic is enough. That’s the official rules for the server. Also rommel started to be “not trying to be nasty” (but he was) to one of the admins and accused others with unknowing the rules/disrespect the rules–which is UNTRUE and disinformation.
    I saw that the topic will only get worse and worse.
    Now I hope that the lock is more understandable.
    Trust me all of the admins are level headed and respect the game and the rules (even if some hates the resign rule i.e).
    Surprisely for you, I got a pm that support the last lock and it was from a very known player that been here for long time.

    The rules on the topic above this one, though, can be re-write or has a “new polish”. It is already been discussed in the private forum.

    As some of you (if you are honest in your dealings with others) I’m not going to allow anyone to say the things I said are untrue without challanging them to support their claims.

    Unless Apache can document, specifically, where I said something untrue, and leave the thread unlocked long enough for me to reply (seems unlikely) I suggest you disregard everything he has to say.

    It is not wise to trust one that makes serious charges and then refuses to provide the evidence when challanged. That is how we ended up back in Iraq.

    Certainly I have never made a charge that I have not been able to document properly, and MOST CERTAINLY, I have never been proven to be a liar.

    Edit :Ooops : I forgot one, my original post here. Have a free one on me. I am neither Lee nor Erwin J. E. Rommel.

    Of all the admins that might have had a motive to question my honesty, Acid should have been the most likely one. However, to the best of my knowledge, he has never tried to show me as a liar.

    In spite of everything else that has gone on (or not gone on) here lately, that means a great deal to me.

    Thank you Acid.

    ‘Tis far better to have an honest enemy than a dishonest friend.

    Thank you to all of you that see the problem but this appears to be a tremendous waste of your time. Sitting on the porch counting the cars passing by might be just as productive with much less chance for heartache.

    You all have much more pressing matters than this.

    Sincerely,

    Rommel

    P.S. – I forgot an important point. By closing the thread abruptly, Apache effectively appoved my definition of the FFA rule without giving the rest of you much of a chance to offer a better (more detailed) one.

    I do not support this underhanded attempt to have that thread unlocked!

    Funny stuff.

    #56915

    bazzz
    Participant

    Are my arguments ignored? Or does anyone feel like suggested that i am bashing admins to stage a coup?

    This is silly ,I suppose you ignore me because you dont feel like adressing my arguments, what are you afraid of? That i might have a point?

    I am not attacking anyone here, i would like to have some influence on the way the game is. If not possible as an player i would try it as an admin.

    At least have the decency to talk to me , or does anyone feel like i have the wrong intentions?

    Please someone respond to what i have been arguing or at least tell me what actions to take to get trough the right channels.

    #56916

    NoMoreSteve
    Participant

    @viking62 wrote:

    Woah, I am a bit hesitant to post what I am thinking anymore. We are now called a “Clique” (A like minded group: usually targeting/ganging up on, people outside of a certain group). I always thought we were a very diverse group of people with differing opinions and we thought on a singular/individual plain. Chosen as “Admins” because of our love of this game & others thinking we would better serve this community as “Admins”. I do hope I was chosen for my traits online~I try to be~ courteous,calm(sometimes not easy),objective,kind,empathetic & Protect the servers/players interest against: Foul mouth talk/slander,Cheating,Player abuse in general. (among other things;I can’t think of right now).

    I agree with the last part of that, Viking. That’s what the original roles of the admins. But some people have taken it just a little too far. Rommel voiced himself and several people responded. That’s the nature of a forum. Luckily, when “premature lockage” occurs, a new topic can always be restarted. 😉

    @viking62 wrote:

    My honest opinion is: Sounds to me like a few regular players want to be “Admins” really bad….and are trying to come up with reasons to oust some of the current admins. What a mess this has become….. If people were this involved in their personal governments;(Real Life)/people they voted into office. The world may be a better place 😯 *I don’t remember being involved in any “Rule Makin” for this Scorched community*. I thought I was just a nice guy voted in/appointed as a server overseer for anybody that needed help with the game(new people), or reprimand abusive players only after asking them to stop whatever is altering good/sane game play.
    ~Still shaking my head~ Sorry, but I’m out of breath……. 🙄

    I think a couple of thoughts are running along in this part. I only commented on Pastor’s posting not because I as a “regular” want to become an admin, but because I agreed that at times, some admins act above and beyond the call of duty. That’s what sparked this topic. Even a small community such as this, has every right to express their dissatisfaction with how things are handled.

    Real life and getting involved in personal goverments? I sense the constitutionalist roaring there. 😉

    See, this is why I don’t visit these forums.

    And Bazzzz, I hear ya, for what it matters. 🙂

    #56917

    bazzz
    Participant

    Thank you for your rection, for a while i thought i died and had become a ghost. 😀

    #56918

    Viking62
    Participant

    I myself appreciate all the differing opinions that have been posted thus far. It seems that we as a online gaming community need to pause and start addressing some important issues that have been brought to light in the very near future. *Not all Admins seem available right now* But, rest assured recent concerns from this community shall be discussed. Just give us some time. Most of us cannot be here 24/7. Thanks all

    P.S.Bazzz, you are not being ignored-There are many issues here to address 😉

    @rommel, I don’t know what to say pal. Words can be as mighty as a sword.

    @Stevo-All this chatter just made me reexamine what I thought my role here as an Admin was…..I tend to add/ramble….pardon that please 😳

    #56919

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    No no no no sir can’t use them don’t want them couldn’t afford them if I did…your welcome to come into the barn bring out the moonshine and call up the women. If anyone thinks that I am trying to become an admin you are crazy….crazy I tell ya there are scary ppl like me out there.

    I am just trying to point out something that I have seen in my work a million times. Someone does something unpopular and ticks off upper management and then boom they can’t do anything right. There is blood in the water and the sharks are having a hoe down. Rom has pissed ppl off, mostly the admins and then there are a few others that have been annoyed by him but…it appeared that the admins were out to get him. Now it is very apparent that some admins would have a bbq and host a street dance if he got banned.

    Just because the man is very outspoken about his feelings and doesn’t shut up when he believes he has been wronged he is now blacklisted. Please don’t misunderstand my intentions. I am not accusing admins of being jerks and I’m not trying to group you all into one stereotype. I am just saying suddenly the man can’t even have an open discussion on the FFA rule and his thread gets locked. What harm was that thread? Could it be helpful…maybe, could it be hurtfull…not likely.

    Guys what might help is to do like vike did. Post your feelings on these forums not just your private ones. As it appears right now all of you are of one mind and body…not good for a diverse group. Vike I could tell that you didn’t like that I called you guys a clique, what else are we supposed to think if only an admin or two respond to things like Rom’s post and the response is all the same thing? It’s funny I get the feeling you guys sit around and bump chest when you knock someone down a notch like what was done to Rom when he complained about Acids actions. What was done to him that time was wrong not a horrible terrible wrong but just not right. The thing is if you read that post not anyone admin actually said Acid don’t do that it’s not right. Now Rom is posting a post that deserves discussing deserves a reaction and or debate/conversation and its locked. Man when I joined and heard ffa I did ffa dirt and all then I was told this is unpopular, and you shouldn’t do that and this will make you a marked man. FFA, MCB, AI first these are all things that come up when a noob joins and if we refer him/her to the forums which I do almost everytime don’t you think it would be worth them finding a topic covering these subjects?

    Chop I respect you as a vet you were here b4 me and will be after me probly but don’t tell me I don’t know what a cbx is. Also I’ve played with most the players you named on here. When you accepted admin reponsibilities you accepted that your opinion matters in this game yet you mostly stay quiet. If you don’t like Rom and or his tactics get on here and say so. If you wanna kill him on sight say so but be ready to back up your reason why. If he ticked you off personally say so you are a human bean if he has violated the rules say so you are an admin.

    Rom’s post mainly are open for discussion it just seems that when the discussion turns away from where admins feel that it should…boom it’s locked! Maybe we should leave it unlocked and see if it dies, if it doesn’t maybe it deserves some attention. If a thread doesn’t die then ppl are interested in it, the community is interested in it. If it dies and only one person continues posting (in this case Rom) then lock the sucker. All Rom is asking when he post these “controversial” threads is for an honest answer and an honest discussion. If it becomes more than that, if it becomes a pissing contest then lock the sucker. Most of the time all Rom asks for is a straight forward answer form all admins. Give it to him and maybe he will shut up. If he doesn’t it’s not your fault, if you all individually give him a straight forward answer and he keeps ranting then it is his fault.

    I just don’t like sharks I’m scared of them that is why I live inland. Quit schooling like a bunch of sharks and voice your opinions freely BEFORE YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE ADMIN GROUP WANTS YOU TO SAY!

    #56920

    Viking62
    Participant

    Hlo POM, (A good friend of mine)-Yeppirs ya hit da spot with the “clique” comment. I have always strived to think for myself and from our “Admin private” section other Admins show they also do think for themselves. Sometimes we do have to come together and make a “group Admin” decision (is not easy). Also some of us do not like to smite others. I grew up with the analogy….”If you cannot say something nice;don’t say anything at all”…..I chose that position at times here in the community when I think my wording could lead to repeated arguing or a “dead end direction” of ill feelings toward each other. If you want a honest answer from me–>ask, I have not been known to beat around the bush and i don’t lie. I thank my parents for those qualities. I am “Proud” to have been chosen as an Admin & would like to continue in this capacity until someone kicks me ol’ arse out 😉
    In the real world we would all shake hands,pat each other on the backs & move along. Here in the online world of words……we post….the words linger to dig deeper wounds. Might be the reason it takes so long to move along & forgive & forget. This is’nt “Burger King” and you/we cannot always “have it your/our way”. If apologies are in order….come out and ask for it/or give it!! Lets move along bit by bit and get some of these concerns/wants/needs rectified-Please…

    #56921

    Deathbal
    Participant

    I am on vacation for a week, come back, and see we are all attacking each other again, yay!

    Seriously, what is this about? Rommel simply asking for a rules clarification?

    Rommel, I am giving my honest opinion of your initial post in the locked thread. When I read it, it looked to me that you took a fairly simple concept and made it complicated for any new player. Free for all (FFA) is simply “Play the game with all of it’s features, no weapon or target restrictions”.

    It’s like if I bought a bottle of wine, I don’t need a 3 page manual on “How to take the cork off the bottle”. All of the options and details are not needed.

    Now I want to speak with you as if I were sitting across from you and not over 100’s of miles typing my usual crap. Sometimes I don’t take you seriously, and for that I apologize. But I like the Chopper approach, I sit back, relax, and know that this is a game. People can make mistakes. But you also know that people do not like being talked down to. Your initial post was fine, but then…..I don’t know what to say. Here is what I mean.

    This, from Chop after your initial post.

    uumm……so now you’re declaring things official?……I know I’m going to hate myself.

    WTH do you think its necessary to define FFA. never been a problem before.

    Then your reply to the above was one a king would make to an insolent serf. Here is an example, but not the entire post. This is one paragraph of your reply.

    Specifically, you either, do not understand or do not respect, the FFA rule. My suspicion is that you do not respect the rule. I can personally document occassions where, after becoming an admin, you continued to show your contempt for those that don’t play the way you want to play. Thus, in order to eliminate the ability for ANYONE, to hide behind ambiguous rules, I am attempting to make the term FFA impossible to misunderstand.

    Lets not forget that FFA cuts all ways. People can shoot at you for any reason they wish. People can show contempt for any reason. It is not for any of us to judge. If any player walks into a game that is AIF or MCB and wishes to play FFA, then FFA is the rule. What happens after that is FFA! The only thing an admin can do that is totally wrong is tell you that you have to abide by a side rule.

    Now Rommel, I don’t know so I am just going to ask. Are you having a problem with people teaming up on you for not playing by some house rule? Or playing a way people do not like? Is that what part of this is about? Because if it is, all I can say is…..that’s FFA. Part of being a smart player is to not draw attention to yourself. What it takes to win games can take many forms. But do not think we are going to start to judge motives to why players do the things they do.

    If my last paragraph was off base then totally disregard it. I just wanted to point out that “mob rules” is also FFA.

    #56922

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Deathbal :

    This isn’t my thread and it doesn’t appear to about me. Pointing out that I disagree with Apache’s claim that I have been telling untruths was the reason I posted.

    The change in tone of the FFA thread should be as self explanitory as my reason for making the initial post. You will find the answer you seek in the part of my relpy that you left out of the quote. However, the FFA topic is closed and locked now. I think I like it that way. If you wish to unlock it, we can talk more there.

    @deathbal wrote:

    I am on vacation for a week, come back, and see we are all attacking each other again, yay!

    Seriously, what is this about? Rommel simply asking for a rules clarification?

    Rommel, I am giving my honest opinion of your initial post in the locked thread. When I read it, it looked to me that you took a fairly simple concept and made it complicated for any new player. Free for all (FFA) is simply “Play the game with all of it’s features, no weapon or target restrictions”.

    It’s like if I bought a bottle of wine, I don’t need a 3 page manual on “How to take the cork off the bottle”. All of the options and details are not needed.

    Now I want to speak with you as if I were sitting across from you and not over 100’s of miles typing my usual crap. Sometimes I don’t take you seriously, and for that I apologize. But I like the Chopper approach, I sit back, relax, and know that this is a game. People can make mistakes. But you also know that people do not like being talked down to. Your initial post was fine, but then…..I don’t know what to say. Here is what I mean.

    This, from Chop after your initial post.

    uumm……so now you’re declaring things official?……I know I’m going to hate myself.

    WTH do you think its necessary to define FFA. never been a problem before.

    Then your reply to the above was one a king would make to an insolent serf. Here is an example, but not the entire post. This is one paragraph of your reply.

    Specifically, you either, do not understand or do not respect, the FFA rule. My suspicion is that you do not respect the rule. I can personally document occassions where, after becoming an admin, you continued to show your contempt for those that don’t play the way you want to play. Thus, in order to eliminate the ability for ANYONE, to hide behind ambiguous rules, I am attempting to make the term FFA impossible to misunderstand.

    Lets not forget that FFA cuts all ways. People can shoot at you for any reason they wish. People can show contempt for any reason. It is not for any of us to judge. If any player walks into a game that is AIF or MCB and wishes to play FFA, then FFA is the rule. What happens after that is FFA! The only thing an admin can do that is totally wrong is tell you that you have to abide by a side rule.

    Now Rommel, I don’t know so I am just going to ask. Are you having a problem with people teaming up on you for not playing by some house rule? Or playing a way people do not like? Is that what part of this is about? Because if it is, all I can say is…..that’s FFA. Part of being a smart player is to not draw attention to yourself. What it takes to win games can take many forms. But do not think we are going to start to judge motives to why players do the things they do.

    If my last paragraph was off base then totally disregard it. I just wanted to point out that “mob rules” is also FFA.

    As for your question at the end, no. Check the Official definitin of FFA.

    Later,

    Rommel

    #56923

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    As for your question at the end, no. Check the Official definitin of FFA, that is the way I play.
    Later,

    Rommel

    Ok, then what was the point of accusing Chop of not understanding the FFA rules? Did he tell you that you could not play FFA?

    #56924

    Rommel
    Participant

    Apache, Chopper and Raden are on the record as supporting sanctioning me for resigning. Obviously (see BOY’s) post, this indicated a problem with some of the admins understanding or respecting the rules.

    The definiton I posted was intended to prevernt future problems, not create new ones. You will have to consult with Chopper, Raden and Apache as to their reasons for protesting the definition.

    @deathbal wrote:

    @rommel wrote:

    As for your question at the end, no. Check the Official definitin of FFA, that is the way I play.
    Later,

    Rommel

    Ok, then what was the point of accusing Chop of not understanding the FFA rules? Did he tell you that you could not play FFA?

    Although I conceeded any concern for your in house matters, I have not conceeded to allowing the rules to remain vague and ambiguos. This is not allowed in any game that is played fairly and it must not be allowed here.

    Please open the FFA thread if you wish to continue that discussion. POM seems a bit steamed and I don’t want him upset with me for coming into his territory and getting his thread locked.

    He is on the Admin – Internal Affairs Panel
    I am on the Admin – Player Interaction Panel

    Don’t worry, there are more admins than players. We are no threat, just trying to get more organized.

    #56925

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    This is not allowed in any game that is played fairly and it must not be allowed here.

    You need to get out more, there’s all kinds of grey areas in sports, business, law LIFE!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.