This topic contains 138 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

BOY :

Absent Admins were the only topic. The Absent Moderators not being required for voting on the issues were not seen as being a problem.

I’ve got to go but I am very happy that you have her at home.

Thanks for the update and best wishes to her on the upcoming surgery.

Rommel

apache64d
    Participant

I think the admins are active enough… u r seeing it all the time.
    So there are admin that haven’t visited this place for long time.. so what? There are enough active admins. . We all see how active the admins that are here regularly.

*admin hat on*
    If at any time we (the admins) thought there isn’t enough active admins we added new member/s to the crew. trust me I too thought some are should step down at some time (long time ago). Then I thought: well they all did some great thing in here so let them have their title and let’s just add new ones.
    The crew is now working hard about few things that were discussed here and in the private forum. Soon you’ll all see the results.
    If, eventually, we do decide to add another person to the crew you all be informed.

Rommel
    Participant

The Server Administrator, Emeritus position I mentioned ? No, not at all and thank you for asking. This is how I envisioned it :

Emeritus Administrators are not to be stripped of any of their powers.

Active Admins – No change.
    Inactive Admins – Receive the honorable designation of Administrator Emeritus.

That is all that is required. They remain in the admin list. This promotes the idea that “Once an admin, always an admin” unless formally removed from the list for misconduct. An Emeritus section in the list would be nice for grouping them together but this is not an absolute requirement.

Those that return, would have the Emeritus tiltle removed ASAP. This will show that they are once again taking PMs and participating in the discussions and subsequent voting. The advantages of knowing those that are currently active, should be apparent to all and not confined mostly to the players, as seems to be the case at this time.

The disadvantages are …. JEEPERS !!! There are no disadvantages at all except for requiring someone to make some very simple changes to the admin list. If asked, perhaps Gavin could help with this if he is the only Sever Administrator currently capable of making changes to the forums.

Making decisions and changes without waiting on the consent of Ebonite, DeVice, Willis, ECT., is prudent and to the best of my knowledge, no one has faulted any of you for doing this in the past. As I understand it, what we wish to see corrected in regard to the Absent Admins is the excessive delay caused by waiting on the Emeritus Admins to participate. As shown above, this is a very simple problem to erradicate.

BOY
    Participant

Rom, the changes you mention will be almost entirely for show, and of almost no value whatsoever asside from having to have rules associated, using a word like ’emeritus’ requires rules. Lets not have more rules. 😉

having a look at the global mods list, there are only 3 active out of 8. I would say 3 moderators is a decent minimum, might be good to have more, but lately needs have not requried more.

my favorite is this guy. Hey, everyone group needs reserves 🙂

Administrators
    David Beleznay
    Singed
    [ Add friend | Add foe ]
    Last visited: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:36 am
    Warnings: 0
    [ View user notes | Warn user ]
    Total posts: 10

But out of the admins, there must have been at least 10 that are somewhat active. I will have to peek in and see what they are saying in there, I don’t really check anymore.

Is there something other than FFA “rules” (it really is not a rule, since it is a LACK of rules that FFA truly defines – it’s more of a state of mind I guess) that need to be addressed that admins are failing at? If it is about cliques I’m afraid that there just can’t be a million admins, it only seems sensible to limit the group to… something… but here again we approach the need for a rule… gah.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi BOY :

To the best of my recollection; The Absent Moderators have not been shown to be a problem. In an effort to avoid misunderstandings, perhaps we should keep things as simple as possible and leave them out of the discussion.

As noted earlier, there are several posts (not from me) that illustrate the problem with Absent Admins very nicely. If you seek enlightenment, the posts from Pastor of Muppets, Big Bear and Peanut’s Revenge should be sufficient.
    @boy wrote:

Rom, the changes you mention will be almost entirely for show, and of almost no value whatsoever asside from having to have rules associated, using a word like ’emeritus’ requires rules. Lets not have more rules. 😉

But out of the admins, there must have been at least 10 that are somewhat active. I will have to peek in and see what they are saying in there, I don’t really check anymore.

Is there something other than FFA “rules” (it really is not a rule, since it is a LACK of rules that FFA truly defines – it’s more of a state of mind I guess) that need to be addressed that admins are failing at? If it is about cliques I’m afraid that there just can’t be a million admins, it only seems sensible to limit the group to… something… but here again we approach the need for a rule… gah.

As for the FFA definition, unless there is something wrong with the definition I offered, I have requested that it be included it in the Sticky Note on server rules, several times.

If this could be accomplished, the likelyhood of having future problems and 600 post arguments about the rules, should be nearly eliminated. Set the standards in stone instead of simply trusting that all understand the rules and definitions.

If you see the wisdom in this, I trust that much like Moses on the Mount, you will do the right thing and make it so.

Best wishes,

Rommel

P. S. – OFF TOPIC sort of : I relied to your message in the Rules Verification Please thread. A request was made to lock the thread but I requested that you be allowed the opportunity to make a reply and have the final word. My reply to your post there should get you up to speed on the problems you missed here while dealing with much more serious problems of your own.

Ooops, you have the opportunity to put the words in stone using your finger(s). Moses was not afforded that luxury.

Viewing 5 posts - 136 through 140 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.