This topic contains 138 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Another post by Rom locked I would have never guessed it. Come on guys this thread was not threatening and or ridiculous. It was a defintion and I am getting the feeling that admins have a “woody” for Rom these days. If he is that bad and you can’t stand him on this game then ban him, but before you do look at his post and his gameplay (take a really good look) and ask yourselves is he really bad or his he just pissing us off as an admin group? This game is falwed admin wise considereing most of them don’t play anymore and then the ones that do think emotionally. Not all of you, don’t think I am attacking you as a group but do think about the way you are chosen. How are admins currently chosen? They post a private post as far as I know and then the clique gets to vote on who makes it or who doesn’t. The community is never asked it is done privately and then wallah you are an admin. The current admin community doesn’t like Rom WAAAHHHHH! He has brought up some very (IMO) important things regarding the life of this game and the popularity of it. Take a step back guys remove the “admin” title from your name and see if maybe his post aren’t as dumb as you see them. If you don’t see it that way then fine, soon you will run this game and only your friends will play, IMO diversity is a great thing and from time to time you should listen to your enemy he will expose your weaknesses and you can build on them. If you ignore him your weaknesses will only increase. Balls in your court now why not open admin rights to a vote and see who stays and who goes? If you like things the way they are then stick with the clique and see how many more people will leave. We are already struggling for regulars if you haven’t noticed. Most of the original “vets” don’t even play anymore including some admins. My opinion they got sick of the politics and found a game that just let them play.

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Wow, I don’t play for a few weeks, and look what’s happened!

I just finished reading the whole “ffa” posting. Only one word comes to mind:

Seriously?

We post here on the boards to express our opinions and thoughts about the game. Rommel expressed his definition of “FFA”. And while I can possibly see how his wording of Chopper could be seen as offensive, I don’t think that was the intent of his posting. And as usual, peoples feeling got hurt because something wasn’t written in “just the right way”, or get caught up in the semantics of how it was said.

While “ffa” seems like it should be a “no brainer”, apparently it isn’t. After all, there seems to be more than one interpretation of “Free For All”. So sorry Apache, your comment of “people will just tell him” doesn’t fly. Rommel gave his “Official opinion” of it, which I tend to agree with. FFA is “free for all” and “anything goes” to win. Otherwise, lets just rip out everything that people feels is “dirty” about the game. We’ll be left with tracers, but at least we’ll be free, right? 😛

And to lock the thread? Come on, thought we had adults as admins. There was no real logic to the lock, other than to flex your e-muscles.

Maybe Pastors right. Maybe it is time for a shake-up of admins. Maybe we’d get some that actually play the game as opposed to just sit on the sidelines and bark “our will be done.”

Seriously.

bazzz
    Participant

At last some sensible people talking, i fully agree with the above.

I wont go into details but there is an elephant in the room that has been ignored.

I hope this can turn into a sensible discussion instead of a shouting match where all arguments get trampled to death.

There must be a better way of building a happy scorched community.

apache64d
    Participant

To all: look at the topic above this one. That topic is enough. That’s the official rules for the server. Also rommel started to be “not trying to be nasty” (but he was) to one of the admins and accused others with unknowing the rules/disrespect the rules–which is UNTRUE and disinformation.
    I saw that the topic will only get worse and worse.
    Now I hope that the lock is more understandable.
    Trust me all of the admins are level headed and respect the game and the rules (even if some hates the resign rule i.e).
    Surprisely for you, I got a pm that support the last lock and it was from a very known player that been here for long time.

The rules on the topic above this one, though, can be re-write or has a “new polish”. It is already been discussed in the private forum.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Rommels thread for the FFA rule was pointless. Everyone KNOWS the definition, but we don’t all pay by that definition. It’s our choice not to use all the available weapons, that’s part of FFA!!

I found it highly irritating that he just came out and posted it as if he had the authority TO write a definition of the rules, however accurate.

I highly agree that the majority of the current admins need to been removed from their positions, including Apache (who should instead be a forum admin rather than game admin).
    If you don’t play the game on a regular basis, your opinion is null as you have little context for anything.

However, to say that admins think emotionally is wrong IMO, everyone has emotions and those emotions can rule our thoughts, it will occur with EVERY person however hard they try to be ‘proffesional’.

If Rommel got off his high horse I’m sure he’d be far more accepted and would be able to make huge contributions to the game, however, he IS on his high horse and believes he’s always right.

Also, to say it’s wrong to pick at the wording of Rommels posts, well, try reading a few of HIS posts and I bet you’ll see him doing that.
    If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

bazzz
    Participant

Somehow im not convinced , you dont seem to say anything but that youre right and were wrong.Not adressing the critisism and taking in account how others seem to feel is unsatisfactory to me.

This is not about the incident you refer to i believe, its about something more general.

Irishbandit
    Participant

I am not an admin on main and I have never been one.
    Hate me if you want here is the PM I sent to apache after the thread was locked:
    “Good move and nice posts!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> “

Some of the admins cant play right now because of personal, private, and some computer issues.

If you want to add some new admins fine, don’t rag on the old ones!!!
    👿 👿 👿

bazzz
    Participant

Surely you dont mean there is no possibility for critisism? I dont know what you think is going on. Maybe you feel like those that give critisism arent loyal enough or even anti scorched.

How about some influence for the players instead of topdown decision making, this is after all a open-source project. IMO the community could benefit from having a active discussion about what we would like to see changed. And more often being told that we are just whining isnt it.

Please realise that so far noone in this thread is attacking any admin personally or as a group. There is a general feeling that some of the behaviour is not beneficial to the coherence around here.

Openness and discussion of this is probably the best solution to get rid of lots of frustrations that keep coming back on a regular basis.
    J-curve is an interesting explanation that might be relevant here too.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Umm, I believe that alot of the changes implimented to the game over the years have come from player feedback.

I have critisised the admins on a few occasions, but the majority of the time, I have done it in private.
    A public linching of the admins is out of order, if they bring it on themselves, serves them right, it’s the same with players.

As for admins keeping their positions when not active for over a year, no, I have to disagree Bandit.
    The list of admins that havn’t visited the forum or played the game for over a year is rediculous, yet you think that should they pop in, they should still have a say? Nah, their opinion shouldn’t carry the weight of an admin.

Chopper
    Participant

I don’t know how long Ive been playin’…….not that it means sheet.BUT…my current laptop has 38 saved from feb 2005, i played before that ….but can’t seem to remember. You know how old peolpe are….lol.
    But know this….I enjoy it, I enjoy the people, i enjoy drinking and playig the game.
    Bash me for being an admin, mandy talked me into it, and Ill say ok YOU DO IT.
    Im thinking of shedding the admin thing so no one, and it includes romme, can accuse of of shit.
    I play, I drink and i have fun. I played with wowbagger, apollo tangent ad a whole bunch of others…and gained theyre respect. Rank doesnt mean squat, when yer hot yer hot when yer not yer not.Its a game folks….I dont care about rank and stuff. Have fun!..I just saw Crispy Critter tonite ………..you noobs should have the honor of getting kilt by the likes of him.
    I cbx’ed tonite…….any of you know what that is?

wanna play ok,wanna bitch and caus eproblems Ill hammer yo azz.
    I dont come here for drama…I come to talk and enjoy people of the world.even when its a bunch of itaians gangin’ up. Saw whwre Che checked in…..argentina…….where in the hell could you chat with someone from there before? he’s my friend and I miss him….i worry about the stuff happening there. everyone around the world is like u and me…get up go to work day to day stuff….just making a living.

Its a game people.,enjoy it ,dont get hung up in details that dont mean a thing,…… This is our relief frim the day to day grind.

amazes me how some one high ranked (higher thsn me) needs rules or FFA DEFINED,why you hell you neeed squat defined..play enjoy or go the f away.
    Thats like asking for more laws.state or federal., we dont need more rules,we need people to enjoy the game and play and have fun.
    This game has gone awhile without a lotta stuff defined…..people here to enjoty the game dont need it.
    excsue the rant….the stoli is kicking in..and its been awhile and I been thinking about all this stoopid stuff.
    and Im going to bed now….g’nite.

Argung with a fool is two fools arguing.

bazzz
    Participant

Hard to comment on that chopper, if you think i could be admin maybe i can give it a try.

What are the requirements and where do i apply?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

Hard to comment on that chopper, if you think i could be admin maybe i can give it a try.

HELL no, I ain’t having no cheatin, stinkin, player abusing admins in the same team as me ! ! ! !

Viking62
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@bazzz wrote:

HELL no, I ain’t having no cheatin, stinkin, player abusing admins in the same team as me ! ! ! !

LOL-This coming from our “Tournament Admin”……..
    😆 🙄 😆

Just trying to add a bit of humor/laughter…..

Irishbandit
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

As for admins keeping their positions when not active for over a year, no, I have to disagree Bandit.
    The list of admins that havn’t visited the forum or played the game for over a year is rediculous, yet you think that should they pop in, they should still have a say? Nah, their opinion shouldn’t carry the weight of an admin.

I leave those decisions/opinions up to Gavin. Sadly most of you don’t know or have not played with many of the admins that are being discussed. As a player who has played with them it saddens me to see some of the things being said thats all.

Who exactly are you talking about?? If they haven’t visited the forums or played the game in over a year whowhat exactly have they hurt??? What huge decisions have been made without our knowledge.

But I don’t see that happening. Did I miss something? Chopper any other admin did I miss something??

So I ask again what is the problem it looks like ‘Much ado about nothing’ to me.

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

I think we all missed an important message here…

A brit found someone irritating? Peanut, are you the pot calling the kettle black in that line? 😛

Of Course Rommel picks apart peoples messages. Heck, I’ve seen several people doing that to each other here. I never meant what I said in defense of you guys picking on his words. You all drive me crazy by doing that. 😛

And to combine a little of what Peanut and Apache said: If this is being discussed in the private forums, shouldn’t it be discussed with actual admins who still play the game more than once a year? Real life or not, there is a certain amount of responsibility and obligation to the actual game that needs to be met. If they’re not fulfilling that role, then someone should move in that will.

If I remember right, Gavin initially recruited game admins to help police the jerks that used to riddle the game back in the day. Kinda hard to have them assist in the game when they’re either not around, or would rather stay in the forums.

Yes, Chopper, I remember playing with all those same people before. Though, I didn’t see the name “Gooseberry” in that listing. 😉 It was those people that help pave the way for this game. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.