This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

JiNx
    Participant

i dont know why theve been shut down but id like to know why and start a petition to get them reopened

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

IMO less mods is a good thing, compress the players down to fewer servers, so hopefully, there will be more people playing together which, in turn should get more people playing there as there will be people to play with!

There is such a thing as too much choice.

JiNx
    Participant

thats certainly one theory but more variety creates and attracts differant types of players

for instance mods tend to be a lot more tactical and requires a lot more thinking and tactics, as there are so many more permitations with various weapons and shields

thus creating a broader spectrum of players with differant abilities and apptitudes

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

But thats not really worked has it, the mods have been pretty dead.

As for strategy, I disagree, the weapons are too strong, little defense against em

JiNx
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

But thats not really worked has it, the mods have been pretty dead.

As for strategy, I disagree, the weapons are too strong, little defense against em

there are lots of ppl who play the mods, maybe not on your time zone

as for stratergy you need to rethink your ideas sir, lets take merge/canada for example as thats what im most familiar with

over 40 weapons, yes some are very powerfull
    nearly 20 shields types

every weapon can be countered with the correct shield and every shield can be killed with the correct weapon

this is where the skill and tactics and stratergy comes into play and thrax has it balanced very finely and perfectly if you ask me

with money for damage firstly you get the choice to either straight kill a player or suck there batts up for more cash, the risk is your to choose be greedy and you run the risk of getting rich or dying from not making the kill

learning curve with so many weapons and shields you need to spend some time to learn each weapons and shield good and bad points and what there good against ect,

what this does when playing multiple ppl is it makes you choose weapons wisely and have multiple tactics and options available for various targets that each pose a differant threat

and theres also lots of toys to play with like moving and shooting at the same time

making players selfkill to lose them kills and money (especialy sneaky if your sparring to win the game)

there are so many option and permitations that you realy have to have all your wits about you

dont knock what you dont know

ask anyone go back one year and i would never play mods because there was so many weapons it was mind boggling

but when you actualy sit down and look and learn you realise that it actualy makes you think more and adjust your tactics and gameplay ever single time

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I do not want to sit and play against bots to learn all the weapons as it makes it hard to learn the weapons when the bots dont use them or shields properly.

When there are people on the mods, I do play them, if theres noone on the main servers I want to play, or theres people I do not want to play.

However, I do not like having such massive weapons, especially with the gift function allowing someone thats leaving to completely change the game.
    If someone is gifted alot on a fair few mods, they can kill everyone with one shot, even if they have the best bubble for it.

Please, do not make assumptions about my knowledge of the mods.
    My preference is different to yours clearly, but given how few people play the mods, I believe that my opinion is not ONLY mine.

JiNx
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I do not want to sit and play against bots to learn all the weapons as it makes it hard to learn the weapons when the bots dont use them or shields properly.

When there are people on the mods, I do play them, if theres noone on the main servers I want to play, or theres people I do not want to play.

However, I do not like having such massive weapons, especially with the gift function allowing someone thats leaving to completely change the game.
    If someone is gifted alot on a fair few mods, they can kill everyone with one shot, even if they have the best bubble for it.

Please, do not make assumptions about my knowledge of the mods.
    My preference is different to yours clearly, but given how few people play the mods, I believe that my opinion is not ONLY mine.

the bots do use them correctly, if you dont want to sit and learn fine thats your choice but dont knock the mods because you dont want to learn, also you dont have to play bots you can practice and learn offline

how is the gift function any differant from mods to main/begginers that is an absolute mute topic because it applies to both

how can someone not make assumptions when you have stated that you dont know the weapons and because of your lack of knowledge you are making assumptions against the modds

why do you knock the modds

its the modder who are continuosly change and adapting and trying new things and coming up with idea that improve the game on the whole, they combine to make better your gaming experience overall whichever server you play

by alienating mods and the modders you run the risking of slowing down adaptions and improvements

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I am not knocking the mods, I am saying that there are not enough people playing to make them a valid alternative for me.

‘ I ‘ am not keen on the overly powerful weapons, I prefer mcb but I am partial to other mods.

The gift function is not a mute point as I dont think on the main servers either, but the effect is greater on most of the mods.

and no, the bots are stupid, they are not alot of use for learning how weapons react to various shields, how weapons can be used for multiple targets etc..

As for alienating, HOW? what does my sig say exactly? Those that put the work in are great, I have much respect, but I believe Thrax alienate more people then I do by calling everyone narrow minded that does not like them or does not play them.

We all have different opinions, likes and tastes, so some will not like them, some will not like certain mods or default mod.
    To that end, variety is great, but ‘ I ‘ feel there was / is too much choice, to much variety, so getting a group of people on the same server was trickier.
    3 mods would be far better IMO, so there is choice without too much choice, requiring less time to learn all the weapons etc.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

i dont know why theve been shut down but id like to know why and start a petition to get them reopened

I agree. I was going to start this thread some time this weekend (but yet again you beat me to it).

To those that don’t like mods so what go play on main, no one forces you to play mods. I personally would play more mods but I don’t have the time.

But I want the choice.

pastor of muppetses
    Participant

I like the mod servers. Unfortunately one day a pair of pro’s joined and killed everyone in 1 shot and spent the next 10 rounds shooting at penguins while the rest of us watched. Morons. Ban. Servers remain empty. Keep up the good work.

FREAK
    Participant

Mods are great.
    It gives players who DO want to get away from the simple missiles and rollers what they want.
    Also if you’ve been on the main server all the time I’m sure you’ve developed your own strategies and tactics so moving away from the main is tougher because you know you will have to learn new tactics and weapons.
    If a newer player joins the apoc server for their first multi player game their naturally going to go back to that server again and again.
    If you are one of those main server lovers and have tried a mod out for the first time I’m sure you got frustrated quickly and left.
    Don’t play the mod once then leave.
    Go back and try it again and you might end up liking it once you get it down.
    If its just you and a bot on the server, just wait.
    Other people will come in and join you.
    Trust me theres alot of people who play mods and ignore the main server all together.
    If you still don’t like mods don’t go off saying that mods suck.
    To you, you may care less if a mod is deleted because you don’t play it or don’t like it.
    But to others, they may get very disappointed.
    My point is, don’t get turned away from mods just because its different from the default.
    The more you try mods out the more you will like them.

BOY
    Participant

Mods are great, they add variety. They are also an outlet for creative stuff. I once created a humungus doomsday weapon that built a tower in the terrain that blasted everything with lasers like an evil eye…. so fun.

Unfortunately the learning curve in this game is a bit hard apparently. peole have no patience. This game doesn’t “click” with certain people. It does take quite a bit of time to feel out all the weaopons and how they work just so in such and such a situation, and hone your insticts in the servers to where you can get a decent amount of kills.

The turn based aspect bores a lot of people, and that leaves only a select few that hang around and play. Kids today are the ones that have the free time and they are all hooked on Xbox and Wii and stuff like that, or so I figure.

It is true, more full game servers are needed.

I woudl say a nice step by step campaign tutorial would be a great way to spark some peoples interest in the game in case a noob bashing crowd happens to be on the servers on the day they download the game. I have one vary bare one ready, but it would need a bit of work from real modders to be of any use.

well, I’m blabbing. I just figure we should resurect the Apoc servers or something like it before we do anything else to draw peple in.

BOOYA
    Participant

yeah i played default allot, got up there in rank a few years ago. BUT once i got GOOD i needed a challenge and went to mods who brought that challenge,, ive never looked back! for all those who are like stuck on suckin the default teet, well i dunno. must love milk. MOD IT UP!!!

BOOYA!!!

doom
    Participant

if servers need to be shut down, shut down the default! DRIVE THE PLAYERS TWOARDS THE MODS THEY REFUSE TO PLAY!

be more tollerant of the games features. also, no one plays the mod servers, peanut, they are too scared, the mods arent your problem, the stats are.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

IMO less mods is a good thing, compress the players down to fewer servers, so hopefully, there will be more people playing together which, in turn should get more people playing there as there will be people to play with!

There is such a thing as too much choice.

whats this now? ..saying no to mods talk? *glares*

me no like u 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.