This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jeneration 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

I knew the CORRECT answers to all of theese questions.
    I hate stupid people..

sigh*
    Going to mope.

The Sad American

Yes I know they specifically hand selected the dumbass answers.

Deathbal
    Participant

I had to exit short of midway through. I could not take anymore.

But keep in mind that only the idiots were shown. We really don’t know how many smarter people were not shown.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

yeh i know hah, just made me very angry

Irishbandit
    Participant

Chopper
    Participant

Hey! I know all those answers…..don’t call me stupid…. 😆

but ya know,you can’t tell me I couldn’t go anywhere in the world and find dumbasses. Geography is taught here anymore.

Thats the sad part, we’re dumbing down the average folks, losing the middle and the Chinese are probably going to bury us all. #btw my Scottish grandmother (a Macgregor) subscribed me to Nat’l Geo way back in 1956 and Ive read it ever since……what a world we live in. :-k

Deathbal
    Participant

The only link that didn’t seem to fit well was the last one. The Russ Jackson link. A lot of those topics were either debatable or misunderstood. Unlike the other links that pointed out stupidity.

Acid22
    Participant

It’s not dumbing down or failure. It’s ‘deferred success’. 😆

The education system here is just as bad. It used to turn out well rounded, intelligent people like myself =P~ . Now it’s motto should be……

‘NEVER TRY, NEVER FAIL!!’

naka
    Participant

Why should they know all that? they have peaceful life anyway.
    These kind of interviews are always manipulated, because they show one side only.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061028003439AAGNFYy

ArmorWraith
    Participant

oh naka! ROFL Thats either:

1. A preschooler
    2. Mentally Challenged Person
    3. A Joke

There are basic principles that one should know. When a news source references Russia, Washington D.C. or Great Britan, a mental map of where those places are is a must for the average person!

In American history, it is constantly re-iterated that to maintain a working democracy, one has to have an educated and informed citizenry. If this isnt the case, then how can they vote on hot and integral issues so seminal to the nation?

I have always thought public schools were counter productive institutions. They dont encourage learning, or critical thinking, they encourage regurgitation and memorization.

In American government, my future is based on majority rule, with minority protection. I dont want to begin to think that the majority of U.S voters are of below average intelligence and lack critical thinking skills. I fear most people just take information passively and lazily, they dont analyze or critique what is said or explained! That worries me greatly.

Acids signature is abit too true for my liking.

Deathbal
    Participant

What we do best here in the USA is talk about being fiscally responsible. Then we proceed to do the exact opposite by spending more than ever!

Many people here do not even know what deficit spending is. They also don’t know what a midterm election is or its relevance.

Same goes for entitlments and or benefits. Even at my job people get furious about having something taken away that they get for free. They don’t care where the money comes from. They don’t care who pays for it as long as it isn’t them.

Unemployment benefits will probably be extended another 13 months on top of almost two years. I personally know several people making top unemployment benefits. They WILL NOT find another job until that runs out because it pays more than they can make at another job. They will stay out for as long as the government supports them. And since it is being used as a political chess piece, it could be for life!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm I think I like you deathbal!

ArmorWraith

Irishbandit
    Participant

Yay I didnt get flamed!!!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

not here to flame man, you just backed up my argument with your links.

You realize I was reffering to the lack of knowledge and not the statistic right?

Armor

Strelok
    Participant

That’s what democracy has become,you’re just too stupid to notice that something’s going wrong.
    I’m not just talking about U.S.A. , I live in Mafia’s nation, guess where i live [-o<

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Russia..

Could even be Italy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.