This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Deathbal:

Generally, I feel that in an administration vowing to clean the slate, Bidden and Clinton are poor choices for any position. That being said, and desiring a clean slate myself, I will not defend anyone you mentioned. However, for the sake of enlightenment, I must take exception to your statement about the power of the Vice President.

Dick Cheny appears to have been the driving force behind our countries desicion to support unprovoked wars and the use of torture to extract confessions. Although the number of waterboardings administered to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is being disputed by Fox News, the number is irrelevent. If it was 183 in a month or only once during all the years we held him without charges, it only took the formal acceptance of one act of torture to alter the fabric of America for years to come. The same can be said for our decision to engage in unprovoked wars.
    @deathbal wrote:

Take the US for example. The true power lies in the House and Senate. Not the Pres or veep. Sarah Palin doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter if a horse is President.

Terrorists are not nearly as frighening to me as the changes I’ve witnessed in my countrymen. My neighbors, begging for protection in exchange for freedoms that were purchased for them with the lives of others. Not only that, being unwiling to pay for the internal changes required, much less the wars they claimed to support, they happily passed the bills on to their children and even worse, onto the children that lost a parent due to the wars.

The power to frighten, otherwise good and decent people into abandoning their country, their heritage and possibly their posterity, in support of torture and unprovoked wars, is a great deal of power it seems to me.

Perhaps my point about Sarah Palin was too brief.

@rommel wrote:

The fact that an imbecile like Sarah Palin was picked as the VP for McCain and came close to being elected, says much about the intelligence level of America’s voting public.

It was a last minute desicion made by the party to try and steal the Hilliary vote. That shows what the party thinks of those that vote and they aren’t far from being wrong. As stupid as it seems that anyone that supported Hilliary would vote for McCain, a great many Hilliary supporters are reputed to have crossed over to show thier anger with Obama for stealing her crown and then not giving her the VP position. It seems doubtful that a McCain – (any other male) ticket would have drawn those voters.

They also surmised that loyal party supporters could care less who they appointed for the position of VP. They were obviously right about the second part but fortunately, they underestimated the number of cross over voters. That or perhaps thinking Repulicans crossed over to Obama and offset the attempted steal. That seems rather doubtful, I think.

As the days pass, I grow more and more convinced that I sent the right message this time. Perhaps we should all consider sending the right message next time. Instead of voting against someone, we should be voting for the candidate we honestly support. If we should be fortunate enough to be allowed another chance and none of the above is the only honest choice, do the honest thing and write in NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Best wishes to and yours,

Rommel

P.S. Another good example of V.P. power would be George H. W. Bush as V.P. under Ronald Reagan (Iran–Contra affair) but perhaps that is ancient history to many. The greatest Republican of all time is not what you think him to be if you have been led to believe it was Reagan.

Deathbal
    Participant

Rommel, I do agree with much of what you say. But let me add some to the reason Palin was selected.

Sure part of the reason was to draw Hillary supporters, but the primary reason was to get support from his own base! Since McCain is a Rino, he needed a conservative on the ticket. The problem is, no candidate will win a Presidential election with his base alone. And the few Hillary supporters he may have swayed over to his side was no where near to the support Obama was getting.

Bottom line. Obama represented “new”. McCain the old. Add a long, poorly executed war which has always been in question to the mix and Obama could have picked Santa Clause as VP and he still would have won.

But now it is up to our House and Senate to act responsibly, but it appears they are just throwing themselves at his feet. Almost as if he is Caesar.

Rommel
    Participant

Hello Again Deathbal :

This really has nothing to do with Communisim other that trying to dispell the insane notion that mob rule promotes a harmonious society.

Other than being white, Sarah Palin is NOT an accurate reflection of the core group of Republicans (the base). If I am wrong, the Republican party has set a course for self destruction. Therefore, I do not believe she was choosen for that reason. Not at all. More likely, the combination of Mr. McCain and Ms. Palin, caused thinking Republicans to feel betrayed by their party. If they then voted for this pair, in spite of their feelings, they would have to betray themselves. Therefore, I am led to surmise that the Republicans would have made a better showing with either Rommney or Huckabee in the V.P. spot than they did with Palin.

The point was that the Republican party was counting on party loyality and stupidity (seems redundant to me) to win them the election. In case you missed it before, I strongly feel that anyone that supported Ms. Clinton and then voted for McCain is an idiot.

If God wins the primary I’ll vote for God, If Jesus wins, I’ll vote for Satan, BY GOD!

This also ties back to my post on the stupid states. Perhaps a closer inspection would reveal that those states had less Democratic votes in the general election than they did in the primary. That would fit the model I had in mind and especially so if the more intelligent states had a lower Republican turn out as well. This information appears to have been unimportant to the reporters that were charged with covering the election.
    @deathbal wrote:

Rommel, I do agree with much of what you say. But let me add some to the reason Palin was selected.

Sure part of the reason was to draw Hillary supporters, but the primary reason was to get support from his own base! Since McCain is a Rino, he needed a conservative on the ticket. The problem is, no candidate will win a Presidential election with his base alone. And the few Hillary supporters he may have swayed over to his side was no where near to the support Obama was getting.

Bottom line. Obama represented “new”. McCain the old. Add a long, poorly executed war which has always been in question to the mix and Obama could have picked Santa Clause as VP and he still would have won.

But now it is up to our House and Senate to act responsibly, but it appears they are just throwing themselves at his feet. Almost as if he is Caesar.

Mob rule is anarchy and a mob is what the Republicans were and still are trying to create. A mob with no common interest except kicking the ass of someone else in a futile attempt to ease their own suffering. It was essentially the same with the Democrats. The names of those supposedly in power changed but that is all. That is the bottom line.

It is not the Presdent to whom they kneel and it most certainly is not the people. Every time I think I’ve got you looking at things with a wider focus, you seem to want to zoom back in on politics. If you can … try to disregard the politics for a bit and concentrate instead on the actions of ALL involved. If you seek anwers, that is where you will find them.

“Actions speak louder than words.” – I don’t have a clue.

The bus driver is unknown, as is the destination.

Our representatives appear to be following the same adgenda now as they were under G. W. Bush, W. J. Clinton, G. H. W. Bush, and Reagan. What we should be concerning ourselves with is not who is the best cheerleader, the sleeziest tramp, the best criminal master mind or the best actor but instead, who the hell is driving the bus and where the hell are we going?

One more thing while I’m riled up. I bought a token to ride this bus! I’ll be damned if I’m going to do anymore pushing. You push if you want, I’ll walk along with you a ways and hope that the grade doesn’t get much steeper.

Hoping to hog you soon,

Rommel

P.S. – If I didn’t have a special interest in you, I would not spend so much of my time debating with you. Hopefully, if not today, then someday, you will come to appreciate my posts for their intent but I’d prefer that you appreciated them for their content.

Deathbal
    Participant

The best thing for this country would be if a few states secede. But that will be very difficult. The Federal government is trying to enslave the states. Now more than ever. I am 100% for states rights. I do believe Republicans share that view more than the left. The party in power now wants to erase all borders within and surrounding this nation. Both parties violate the Constitution. The left want to completely rewrite it. It is pretty much a dead document. It is whatever they want it to be.

I do like a lot of what Ron Paul says. However I do not know how he stands on states rights. The problem is a candidate like Paul has little chance. Someone like Paul or Nader (whom I detest, i add Nader for the arguement) don’t tow the party line. Therefore they get little support and are usually painted as a lunatic.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.