This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi LT:

Well …

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Im not convinced by this check and balance argument, though it is an interesting one. It may have been valid in the 1800’s, but I dont think it applies to 21st century America, where people are more likely to take a sheriff to court, than start a gun fight and take his badge : )

Although Americans may not like to admit this publicly, you are very close to the truth. Er … not that we don’t like to admit when you are telling the truth, we don’t like to admit some truths.

The truth on the second ammendment is:

If our government becomes out of OUR control and the legal means provided under the Constitution are not sufficient to return control to the people, then the people are not only allowed to rise up and overthrow the government, it is our DUTY to do this for the sake of LIBERTY. My rational for this is the Declaration of Independance.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

So, the purpose of the second Ammendment is not mainly to protect American from American. In most cases other than immediate self defense, the government courts perform this task adaquately. It is instead, to protect Americans from their own government. It would be very difficult (if not impossible) for the common people to defeat a government funded Army without adaquate weapons.

Perhaps we hate to admit this right, this DUTY because of the fact that in spite of having been given several reasons to revolt we prefered instead, a morsel of moldy bread, a cup of sour milk and a piece of FREE government cheese.

Take care,

Rommel

Chopper
    Participant

Man I don’t know where to start…..

I by no means have all the answers..but I know this.
    About Great Britain:
    I enjoy watching the way the guys in the House of Commons get along so nicely on C-Span.
    I know this is old cliche’…..but GB and France wouldn’t be here without the sacrifices of US soldiers. Its unfortunate….but the generations of both those countries that really understand that sacrifice are dying off.
    Our own younger generations….also have lost all understanding of what this world went through.

You forget history…..you’re doomed to repeat it.

Next….Boy and Vike are both right. We elected a new President….I wanted my dingdong brother in law to support our previous one…..but he didn’t ….he made fun and said he was big business. Now on the news I have to listen how the democrats think we should bail out the biggest business in this country. Don’t think I won’t hit him with that when I see him Thanksgiving. I just hope the BEST man for the job won…not a black or white man. Personally I dont care if he’s purple….he has a hell of a challenge in front of him.

Boy, I don’t believe it will get any worse than we can handle. Our founding fathers staggered the election cycles where nobody the people
    decide to get rid of serves for long.

Disappointing to me is in spite of the hooha….voter turnout wasn’t that great for 2008….

VOTE PEOPLE!

Man I hate long posts…….sorry

Viking62
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

If youre caught with a gun in the uk, you go to prison. Theres no ‘right to bear arms’ debate, and certainly hasnt been in my life time.

I dont think its fair to compare the uk and usa in that sense. We’re on an entirely different scale (both time and size).

Im not convinced by this check and balance argument, though it is an interesting one. It may have been valid in the 1800’s, but I dont think it applies to 21st century America, where people are more likely to take a sheriff to court, than start a gun fight and take his badge : )

Cough (with utmost respect)

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9709/30/britain.aus.gunban/index.html?eref=sitesearch

As recent as 1997 for the U.K……Us Americans are so barbaric (Smiles)…..

Edited-Too much rantability;)

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Alex:

I’d like Poverty and Pestilence for $ 1000 please.

The answer is :

When you were a child, the neighbor that lived across the street had a wife and 5 childern that he supported in a nice home with a very large yard. His wife worked at maintaining a nice home and raising the children. He was the sole wage earner. He smoked King Edward Sublimes and seemed to be happy most of the time except when he was yelling at you kids for being stupid (fighting mostly). His spouse seemed happy all of the time (she encoured the fighting). He was a proud man that drove a nice car, and provided the same things for his family that your father provided for his. He received no outside assistance.

Gee Alex that’s easy. Who was Floyd?

More specific please.

Who was FLoyd the maintanence man at the housing projects.

Correct for $ 1000

The times they are a changing …

WELCOME TO Y2K

You have or should have a better education than Floyd.
    You work all the overtime you can get, you have to.
    Your spouse works too.
    Your children are being raised by strangers.
    Nutritious meals take too much time.
    You are tired all the time.
    Your spouse seems angry most of the time.
    Your kids are becoming strangers.
    Your car is a piece of crap.
    Your house needs a new roof.

Progress, I’m not so sure.

Rommel

Irishbandit
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

WELCOME TO Y2K

You have or should have a better education than Floyd.
    You work all the overtime you can get, you have to.
    Your spouse works too.
    Your children are being raised by strangers.
    Nutritious meals take too much time.
    You are tired all the time.
    Your spouse seems angry most of the time.
    Your kids are becoming strangers.
    Your car is a piece of crap.
    Your house needs a new roof.

Progress, I’m not so sure.

Rommel

Sad post but you are correct.

Rommel
    Participant

Staggered Elections:

The founding fathers orignally assingned the appointment of US Senators to the Governors of the respective States. This allowed the Governors of the various Sates to maintain a collective control over the newly formed government.

After a time, it was decreed that an educated people should have a voice in selecting their Senators. However, to prevent the people from ever wiping the slate clean and beginning anew, only 1/3 shall be up for re-election during the normal cycle of elections. This maintains the status quo …

@chopper wrote:

Our founding fathers staggered the election cycles where nobody the people decide to get rid of serves for long.

Disappointing to me is in spite of the hooha….voter turnout wasn’t that great for 2008….

VOTE PEOPLE!

Man I hate long posts…….sorry

… by making it nearly impossible for the people to sustain a movement that removes either or both parties. This also leaves corrupt officials ( a Senator and their staff) in a good position to corrupt newly elected or appointed officials.

As for voting just to vote against someone else, I did that when I voted for Kerry and I’m still upset with myself. It is better not to send the wrong message by voting for someone you don’t support.

Senators that violate their oath of office should be expelled, if not convicted but certainly not rewarded. Party support has nothing to do with that.

The McCain campaign? Oh yeah, that. Those creepazoids still haven’t paid me a dime for all the press I got them here. That has nothing to do with me writing in none of the above.

Keep Smiling,

Rommel

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

I know this is old cliche’…..but GB and France wouldn’t be here without the sacrifices of US soldiers. Its unfortunate….but the generations of both those countries that really understand that sacrifice are dying off.
    Our own younger generations….also have lost all understanding of what this world went through.

You forget history…..you’re doomed to repeat it.

damn right its cliche : )

in a lot of ways you could look at the usa as being in a similar predicament to 20th century united kingdom. international relations failing all over the place. people rising up against uk ‘international interests’ wherever it’d poked its nose.

im badly ignorant when it comes to history. theres just so much of it!

anyway, yes, ww1 (90 years just gone, btw). prussia, austro-hungary, versailles (treaty). then later, suez, kuwait, falklands. all things worth googling.

incidentally, kuwait?… part of iraq, i heard, ’til the british found oil. kind of brings me to the point i was going to make regarding US intervention in ww2…

i dont believe this was a ‘saving your ass ’cause we’re buddies’ effort. the States were looking after their interests.

ps:
    viking, yes, 1997. theyre talking about a minority of people who had gun licenses for sport etc. (you know, clay pigeons and so on)

Acid22
    Participant

I’m with you Laptops. Guns over here just seem to add to the misery. I’m all for a few Police having them but the public is a different matter.
    Ninety percent of gun crime appears to be criminals shooting each other………which I have no problem with. The other ten percent is the poor innocent bystander. Children are dying here, so a prison sentence for carrying or posessing a gun is a no-brainer for me. As you say ‘The Wild West’ was two centuries ago & hardly relevant today.
    If I win the lottery though a bit of part time vigilante work could be quite gratifying. 😀

Deathbal
    Participant

Thus, California has been under Republiclan control for approximately 5 years.

Rommel, I consider you to be a fairly intelligent individual. So lets not pretend. The Governor of California is about as Republican as my mixed breed pooch, Bubba. Arnold is far from Republican. I don’t care what stripes he wears. California is one of the most liberal and liberal run states in the country, along with Louisiana, which usually votes Republican but is mainly run by Democrats.

Remember Katrina? Democratic governor Kathlene Blanco (aptly named I might add) and Mayor Ray Nagen. Mayor Nagen was reelected despite being a complete failure in every respect. Ask yourself why? I know the answer. I don’t care, I don’t live there.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Deathbal:

I could make the same argument about Mr. McCain but I doubt that I could convince you that he is not a Republican any more than I could have convinced you that Rudy wasn’t a Republican when you supported him.

@deathbal wrote:

Rommel, I consider you to be a fairly intelligent individual. So lets not pretend. The Governor of California is about as Republican as my mixed breed pooch, Bubba. Arnold is far from Republican. I don’t care what stripes he wears. California is one of the most liberal and liberal run states in the country, along with Louisiana, which usually votes Republican but is mainly run by Democrats.

As for New York … Yes, New York City needs a bailout immediately. Rudy was in charge there recently but since I don’t think he is a Republican, I’ll give you New York City. Damn Republicrats are everywhere!

Atlanta has a Republican Mayor. Atlanta needs a bailout NOW too I’m afraid.

Perhaps they are all Republicrats.

The sad thing is, everyone needs a bailout. What we need is a Hero! Like Vlad! Vald the Imp Pailer! Perhaps some of you have heard of him.

It seems that Vlad was a midget slave somewhere back in history that saved a pirate ship, crew and treasure. You see, as a midget slave during those times, you had to do the jobs that taller slaves refused to do. Vlad, due to his stature, was forced to work as a bilge boy. A nasty, stinking, degrading job but one that was vital to the survival of the ship. As long as Vlad did a good job, the captain allowed him some of the leavings after the others had been fed. Cold and often half chewed, just enough to keep him pailing. That and nothing more. Slave life was hard on board the pirate ship but as a midget slave, it was almost unbearable for poor Vlad. Then it happened!

Late on a moonless night, the ship was caught in a terrible storm and struck a reef. Fortunately, it was a glancing blow and the ship was not dashed upon the rocks. As they sailed on into the cold dark night, they realized that the ship was taking on water at a tremendous rate. Undaunted, Vlad the Imp Pailer, jumed into the murky bilge and began pailing as if his very life depended on it … for indeed, he thought that it did. Not only that, the captain had promised Vlad a share of the wealth and freedom if he could keep them afloat through the darkness. Freedom! he screamed silently with each stinking pail of waste.

Throughout the night, cheered on by his astounded mates, Vlad pailed with unhuman speed and endurance. When at last the morning sun broke across the horizon, they saw land about 5 miles out. Being on the brink of exhaustion, Vlad asked if one of the other mates would mind helping him out of the bilge and letting him have a break. After all, he thought, he had pailed them out during their darkest hours.

Much to his amazement not only did no one offer to help, they laughed at him and told him to keep pailing. Being a very scrappy fighter, most midgets are you know, Vlad climbed out and tore off his shirt as if preparing to fight. Instead he jumped ship and began swimming for shore. That will show them, he thought as he began to swim.

Then suddenly, a great white shark surfaced and swiftly tore him to sheds as the crew looked on in shock. “I told Vlad he looked like a seal pup but he would never listen to me. I guess that showed him!” the old sea captain laughed sadistically.

The crew realizing that they could make shore now, without any further assistance from Vlad the Imp Pailer, broke out into insane and manical laughter from which they never recovered. It’s been said that even now, if you listen closely, you can hear their insane laughter and the faint jingle of their coins, late at night, in your darkest hours.

The moral of this story is this :

If you are a midget, don’t swim with sharks?
    Get a valid and enforcable contract before pailing out the pirates?

Sorry, maybe I should rewrite the ending. I’ve been up a long time.

Maybe he doesn’t jump ship on them after all, maybe they toss him off the stern with the morning trash.

Regardless, it seems unlikely that a happy ending for poor Vlad will be possible.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Vlad the Imp Pailer – Copyright – November 15, 2008 Think you can sell this for me? Rework performed with pleasure.

Chopper
    Participant

😆
    now I KNOW you have too much free time Romme…..

Oh…..Da Chop needs a bailout too!

No More Dirt Weiners

Deathbal
    Participant

I could make the same argument about Mr. McCain but I doubt that I could convince you that he is not a Republican any more than I could have convinced you that Rudy wasn’t a Republican when you supported him.

You are correct sir, McCain is not a Republican. But I voted for him because he had a Republican on his ticket. Giuliani had me fooled for awhile as well, but I caught on to him soon enough.

You may ask why I would vote for an inexperienced politician to be VP. Or whatever you want to call her. Reason is because I did not want an inexperienced politician to be President. Or whatever you want to call him. At least she doesn’t pal around with a terrorist from the weather underground and a Felon named Rezco. Not to mention an X member of that detestable organization called ACORN.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Chopper:

Do you want to be my agent?

I’ve been thinking about a new story …

October Surprise 2008 – It Isn’t Nice to Fool Me

A machine supporter, not born in the United States rises up as a great leader. The machine selects him to be President. Fearing that his status as a citizen could come into question, the machine must change the law.

They bring back an old war veteran that they have used in the past. After attaining adaquate support, they reveal that he was not born in the United States. The illegal law is passed swiftly without protest from the opposing party, the people or the Supreme Court.

Having the new law in place the machine must discredit the veteren. This is accomplished by having the veteren declare that the fundamentals of the economy are sound. At the same time, on the same day, the Secretary of the Tresurary, under orders from the President, will declare that an economic meltdown is happening.

If this seems a little hard to believe I understand but if you think you can sell it let me know. I can get a couple of hundred pages to you in a few days.

If this doesn’t seem marketable, how about a movie script for a new James Bond featuring Will Smith as 007. I can have him chasing moonshiners in Mississippi. Let me know if you like this one and I’ll try to figure out a way to get him into the Klan.

Hey big man, let me hold a dollar,

Rommel

October Surprise 2008 – It Isn’t Nice to Fool Me – Copyright – November 15, 2008

Chopper
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi Chopper:

Do you want to be my agent?

Ummm…. :-k ….NO…. 😆

But you seem like an intelligent guy (in spite of having a dirt habit). It was mentioned somewhere here about what Lincoln did when he won the nomination and election. (Yes, he was a Republican and he freed the slaves).

I read a very well researched book “Team Of Rivals” about him and those times. Its a fascinating account of newspaper,diaries and letters about the Politics of the times. Lincoln was a circuit riding lawyer where the lawyers and Judges traveled,lodged and drank together….and held court in the day . Conventions weren’t the pre-set ho-hum things you have today but were raucous,smoky – back room affairs that were anything but pre-determined.

Its a great read and I bet you’d enjoy it.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Chopper:

The agent offer is open to all, so don’t wait too long. I’m not too sure about rowdyness but Lincoln seemed to enjoy a good joke. There is a recent post in the quote of the day that illustrates this very well.

On that election conspiracy story … I’m changing it a bit to add some excitement and realisim. The law isn’t going to be a law at all! It will be a non binding Senate resolution. I can give it the effect of law very easily though.

All I have to do is remind the protesters that they didn’t object to the veteran getting this treatment. If they persist, their patroitism will be questioned for not supporting the new President during a time of war.

I hate to give too much more away without a binding contract but it will be a wild ride after the new President takes office, that I can assure you.

The new President’s motto will be like “Let them eat cake!” but with understanding for the suffering of the people. “No matter how bad things look today, it will be worse tomorrow, so be happy for today.” – Copy right – November 18, 2008

Best wishes and keep smiling,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.