This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

Holy Cowbell CBX, this Mod ROCKS!!!!!!

way diff than anything out there, I LOVE IT!!!

was in there blasting away with the usual bastages and had tons of fun.

btw I decided play as the matrix’s morphius 😈

Let’s make it a habbit of playing there even after the main servers comeback online.

np

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks, NP!

Lol – I was wondering who “morphius” was. 😉 Quite a few people seem to enjoy going in under different names… it’s fun trying to figure out who people are!

JiNx
    Participant

what can i say but an age old english expression

Class In A Glass

this rocks
    and i laughed so much when i saw the cowbells
    and even more when i picked up beer and it get me life
    beer is the meaning of life lol

ref the 30sec i think it should stay that way as on a couple of levels finding the objects is realy hard and i spend a lot of time looking for them

also the island which is a shape of a face is it anyones we no?

also when i shot washington dc i got 2000 power what was that about please?

Willis
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

To answer your first question – that would be our evil dictator known as CBX, so I been told.

To answer second question – with all the new features in the game that give you items, money, points, etc…. there’s one that gives you power.

CN Towers also give 2k power if I recal.

cbx550f
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

what can i say but an age old english expression

Class In A Glass

this rocks
    and i laughed so much when i saw the cowbells
    and even more when i picked up beer and it get me life
    beer is the meaning of life lol

*clink*

Well phrased post, Jinx. You have complimented my work, and moreso Gavin’s, very much. Thank you. 🙂

@jinx also wrote:

ref the 30sec i think it should stay that way as on a couple of levels finding the objects is realy hard and i spend a lot of time looking for them

I think I agree. I may still do a 25 sec trial, but I’m thinking that 30 is about the right balance. To help speed up the game I have made the cargo drops occur earlier (you can actually hit one when it falls now, if you’re lucky).

If anyone has any ideas to speed the game along (without adding too many huge weapons, or giving out anything at the start ;)), I’d be happy to hear any ideas. If it wasn’t for the wait time for new joiners I’d make the game go to 6 or more lives. (I’m still thinking about making a day “Marathon Day”, and making a ten lives night once a week…)

@jinx was curious, so went on and wrote:

YEah, as Willis said, that would be me. 😉

@I thought he was out of questions, but then he wrote:

Originally I was making the Whitehouse and the Canadian Parliament for “Bases” for team games; which is also the basis for the North America map. I just set them to give 2k power while I was playing around with the idea, and left it like that because I never did anything else with them. 😉

On that note: The north America map is set up for a Canada vs. USA game…. might have to set up a team server. 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

Note: The server was shut down today due to an air conditioning failure. Backup server running now (no stats)

cbx

cbx550f
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Note: The server was shut down today due to an air conditioning failure. Backup server running now (no stats)

cbx

Regular server back up and running w/stats.

Added a new “Ship” map too.

cbx

cbx550f
    Participant

Note: Now that I have the problem fixed where the bots were fighting all the time and getting huge stats (Thanks Thrax), I’ve reset the stats for those bots only.

Now, instead of the Bot being in 1st place, it’s, (OH NO!), Willis!

cbx

badshot
    Participant

That’s totally the mod i like the most!

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks. 🙂

Also, I want to thank all who came out for the first ever Monday Marathon!

I think it went pretty well, I likely won’t adjust the format much for next week (I hope to have another map or two ready though)

It was set up like this:

• 8 Lives
    • 50 Shots
    • Starting Weapons: 25 Baby Missiles

I may add a few tracers for next time, as some people were running out of ammo after 25 shots! (Most of them learned to shop, but on games that went the distance, a few usually ran out!)

The whole idea of running out of ammo wasn’t something I directly planned for in the marathon; I had previously set the server to only give 25 Baby Missiles so certain targets could take some away. (This doesn’t work yet in v40, but will for 40.1, thanks Gavin!)

All in all, it was fun, the games usually lasted for 1.5 to 2 beer. 😉

Cheers

cbx

jdog
    Participant

I noticed the ammo limit and was like when did this happen?!? 😯

Almost ran out on one game myself!

cbx550f
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I noticed the ammo limit and was like when did this happen?!? 😯

Almost ran out on one game myself!

LOL
    I set that a few weeks ago, but it was the same as max turns. 😉

That actually added a neat bit of strategy to the game – you had to make sure you didn’t waste anything, and also had to shop. 😉

I was getting low on BBMs once, and actually skipped a couple turns (I was also low on health), until some cargo happened to drop near me. Paid off nicely. (Although, I think some bastage whose name rhymes with “Schmillis” killed me on that shot too)

cbx550f
    Participant

It’s Marathon Monday again!

Check in around 19:00 EDT (23:00 GMT)

We had a really good showing last week, in spite of a few of the regulars being absent. I’ll boost the max players up to 24 for tonight, let’s see how many we can get!

Also: For now I have removed the North America map (I messed up the placements, I’ll keep it off until I fix it), also, to the “Big” map, I added more fuel plus High Explosives powercrates. Each of the crates marked with green contain either a Deathhead or two funkies.

Also, TONIGHT IS TEAM GAME NIGHT!

cbx550f
    Participant

Had a problem with a texture file – sorry about that guys. It’s fixed now.

HWB
    Participant

I was wondering what is the Mod IP address.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.