This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

Seeing cbx has not formaly made an official mod posting for
    the Scavenger mod.. I AM!! This MOD PWNES!!

And had an absolute ((blast)) playing with thrax the other night.

@ cbx FANTASTIC JOB! -and- GREAT IDEA! for this mod! 😀

I dont care what steve says about you or your cowbell..
    your ok by me! 🙂

Question.. and first official complaint/request..

q: wheres the mod in the refresh list & why dont I see it up?

complaint/request:

1) NEVER LET THIS SERVER GO DOWN EVER! EVER! AGAIN!

2) we want stats!

thanks for the mod/effort/work

I LUV IT!

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks Shock. 🙂

Sorry about the server being down – I shut it down for a bit during “League Night” at Apoc, and forgot to turn it back on. 😉

Since you started a thread, I might as well use it for mod info and updates…..

Scavenger Mod

The general premise of the game is this: One round, 4 lives, no buy. You collect weapons and accessories by hitting or driving over targets on the map. (Be careful though, driving over explosive items can be hazardous to your health!)

Features recently added:

• Gas Pumps for free fuel
    • Gas Stations a la Apoc (Thanks Bob)
    • A random “Tank Drop” – occasionally a Tank will be dropped. It is a shielded, parachuted target tank, which contains a random gift (ie: Death’s Head, Hvy Lasers, Hvy Shield, etc)

Any comments, requests, etc are appreciated.

The Scavenger Mod FAQ

Q: Can we have unlimited fuel?

A. No. 😛

Cheers

cbx

Oh yeah, stats will be enabled when I restart it the next time

cbx550f
    Participant

Server update: It crashed at about 17:00 EDT today – when I tried to restart was segfaulting on connecting to the database.

I had a drive full, and I think it caused database corruption. The server is up again, but no stats for the moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience! (It really sucked – we had some good games going!)

I’ll just do a fresh start on the database tomorrow. (I’ve been wating to change it to another server anyway)

cbx

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Gotta agree with Shockwave on this one. This is by far the most unique idea for Scorch, yet. It truly is an awesome concept and a great testament to guys like you and the other modders do.

For this wonderful mod, I give you the covetted socre of 5 Cowbells!

cbx550f
    Participant

Gosh, I don’t know what to say…. I never dreamed of getting such an honour! *wipes tear from eye*

I’d like to thank all of those who made this possible: Bob, you’ve been an inspiration to us all. Gavin, for making this all possible. And, mostly, my social life for giving me the time to do this!

S3Dfreak
    Participant

Will the mod be available for download my computer won’t allow me to connect to the scavenger server

jdog
    Participant

@s3dfreak wrote:

Will the mod be available for download my computer won’t allow me to connect to the scavenger server

Wouldn’t be hard for that as it isn’t large and if it won’t fit here we could host it on the Scorched mods project site

cbx550f
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

@s3dfreak wrote:

Wouldn’t be hard for that as it isn’t large and if it won’t fit here we could host it on the Scorched mods project site

It’s currently available via CVS at that site – I’ll throw up a zipfile sometime too.

cbx

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I’ll throw up a zipfile sometime too.

If you’d just stop eating them you wouldn’t have to throw them up. 😆

cbx550f
    Participant

Scavenger mod moved to the new hardware today!

Stats are now enabled! 🙂

cbx

cbx550f
    Participant

Query: Currently, shot time is 30 seconds. I had decreased it from default to help decrease waiting time for joiners a bit.

I’m considering decreasing it to 25 seconds. I really think we might even be able to go as low as 20, but too low would result in actually having longer rounds, as people would miss more.

I’d like to hear any thoughts before doing whatever the hell I want. 😉

cbx

Bobirov
    Participant

Personally, I was fine with it at 30 seconds. While I don’t always need that much time, there are times when I certainly need it all (like when I spend the first 20 seconds talking for instance. :P).

I’d accept less time I suppose, but I’d prefer it remain at 30 seconds. Just this scorchers opinion. Don’t have to agree with me. 😛

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Personally, I was fine with it at 30 seconds. While I don’t always need that much time, there are times when I certainly need it all (like when I spend the first 20 seconds talking for instance. :P).

All in favour of Bob having less time to talk say “aye”!

jdog
    Participant

30seconds should be enough.

Thrax
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

30seconds should be enough.

since there’s no lasers 🙁 , 30 sec is more than enough..
    shorter, and a lot of rookies will be whining about it..

any longer, and the rookies will whine about that too…

so let them whine about what’s there, and keep on playing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.