This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pastor of muppets 8 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

We have recently inherited a 3 week old puppy. His momma was killed in an accident and since the puppies weren’t weaned the owner was afraid she couldn’t take care of them. We volunteered to take one and he is extremely cute and very playful. The kids want to name him playful but they don’t want to name him playful in English they would like to know if you all can post how you say playful in your language or any language you know. Then we will choose from which everone they like the best.

Thank you,

PoM

comedown
    Participant

Playful in english is playful, so… Apparently the dutch word is “speels”, which sounds more like a dog’s name.

BigBear
    Participant

“lekfull”

Not the most beautiful word in the swedish language, but there ya go.

parasti
    Participant

Here’s one way to say it in Latvian: “draisks”.

Max007Argentina
    Participant

pom en español es juguetona y ludico en portugues

are the only languages that with us

yusuf
    Participant

chulbula — hindi word. Pronounced as , chul-bu-la
    ramakdo— gujrati word. pronounced as , ra-mak-do

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Ok it’s been decided the kids had a tough time agreeing upon a name and Ellie and I told them we were staying completely out of it. The girls wanted the name speels and they tried to pull the ol’ there are two of us and one of you so you are outvoted thing since our boy wanted chulbula. I wasn’t going to allow the ladies pick the name just because there are more of them. So I told them to go in the other room and pick a name that all three of them agreed upon or I was going to name their dog x.

Our new puppies name is now Speels-Chulbula it’s a mouthful and you will have to take a deep breath before calling him in for the night so Ellie and I will be referring to him as chewy. Thank you everyone for your submissions I will post some pics of him on the scorched pets link when we get a few good ones.

Max007Argentina
    Participant

lol i like chubula is funny 😆

zombie
    Participant

another name for playful and mischeivious in hindi is chanchal pronounced as chan-cha-l. Ppl used to name his child if playful so imho it will better suit ur puppy.

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

Could have named him “Playful” in Canadian:

Playful, eh?

It’s actually easier to say. But have fun with the new pup! 😀

xtc
    Participant

@Max007(Argentina) wrote:

lol i like chubula is funny 😆

Why did they call that nice puppy chupakabra??

I always knew they are cruel people (if you dont believe just look at how many they’ve killed) 😯

mandy
    Participant

be happy you did not use the german word, which is *spielerisch*.

i am glad i did not see this post earlier 😆

mandy

pastor of muppets
    Participant

What a pretty name 🙂 Good to hear from ya Mrs. Mandy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.