This topic contains 176 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 4 years ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Your second quote although not properly credited to Homer Simpson,
    reminded me of one of the newer fields…

Abe Simpson

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

I love the stats on the debt, but I wonder does the debt per person take into account the “hidden economy” ie. illegals. Surely if we take into account that only half of Americans earn an income, the debt is really double, but we must add (canservativly) at least 5-10 million illegal workers.

pause

ah yes, most don’t pay taxes so just discount them. However, you can save on taxes on the back side by hiring them, they are much cheaper and work harder

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

I wonder what will happen if I “sign up” for manditory health care, then simply don’t pay for it. Will I get a bailout?

Did you just suggest I go shopping?

YUK

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

Having just watched the movie 2012 (fun, but not recommended for quality) I must say… collecting taxes on a health care plan for 5 years before the plan goes into effect seems… awefully suspicious of something. Something BIG.

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

quite honestly, I don’t think those people are abusing anything. If they bail out of their house. Cool. They presumably put money down on that house, that is gone. That is the risk the bank takes. If thier rent were to go up next year, then they could be screwed. That is the risk they take.

The abuse of the system starts with the congress people who are taking kickbacks at every corner, and passing laws which the constitution does not give them the authority to put into law.

Rommel
    Participant

BOY
    Participant

I guess I just don’t see your angle, I don’t see it as a huge deal.

The key statement in the article for me is this:
    California is one of 10 states that largely prevent mortgage lenders from going after the other assets of borrowers who default.

So, California is a state of moron’s what else is new?

Rommel
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 178 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.