This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JiNx 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

JiNx
    Participant

i saw this last night as a server on test
    so i tested it and here are my views for whoever made it

i liked the maps they were cool
    weird flying things ok but more differant things please
    there was only solid walls and i love all walls warp especialy
    there were to many weapons to choose from which i got through in the end
    but the majority of them were pants sry with only a few good one
    the explainations for the weapons realy needs to be inproved
    and wtf are law cards and what do they do please

and my biggest shock of all which was actualy quite nice is that you made the bots dirt you
    i was so shocked at this but laughed because a lot of us hate dirt with a passion and i could see loads of players cursing you

but all in all let me no when youve changed things and i will happily try it out again

JiNx
    Participant

also your teleport doesnt work

A Moogle
    Participant

Ah, you must mean my MoogleMod.

Yes, I have improved several things, and they are in Alpha right now. I plan on cleaning up/removing certain weapons. And yes, the teleport is fixed in Alpha.

Please note: Alpha server is locked. Beta server will be updated sometime today.

A Moogle
    Participant

Exactly what weapons need a better description? I think I found a few, such as the Law Cards.

Thx.

edit: The Beta server has been updated.

JiNx
    Participant

nice to see just one server now with a lot of the bugs worked out although there is still a couple i have found recently

usualy one round out of the game when just playing against bots the buying screen will stick on the screen and no map is shown, when i have played against other players this has never happened, but on at least 55 bots games it happened once each game.

also i joined a game today where humans where on and i picked my creature 🙂 but because someone had already choosen it i did not get any shields or doublecast all i got was 1 teleport.

For anyone thats ready this, this mod is quite fun although i would like to see more maps please a moogle

the main differant thing which i like is that tank choose is no longer random, depending on what tank you choose there are differant level of hp and some have restricted weapons,
    this is a new and refreshing idea and adds another tactical dimension to another wonderfull scorched mod

yes i still complain about the weapon a bit although greatly inproved but it seems to be getting better all the time

keep up the good work a moogle and i hope to see more players there in future with a bit of luck 😆

A Moogle
    Participant

The problem with the buying screen sticking = problem with S3D. I’ve seen this outside of my mod.

The tanks ONLY get the weapons that they are supposed to start with if, and ONLY if, it’s BEFORE the first round starts. Again, a prob with S3D.

As for more maps, do you mean custom maps? ‘Cause I ran out of inspiration a while ago, when I made Creature Diamond. If not, I can set it to use more of the ‘base’ maps. (Although I have some custom maps sitting around from the V39 version of Mr. Moogle 😛 )

And as to your comment about the weapons, exactly what weapons do you think should be changed/added to? I’d appreciate it if I could get some feedback in this area, too. 8)

Again, thx for your feedback. 🙂

A Moogle
    Participant

I added in the Tower Islands map that I had sitting around. The start positions may not work correctly, if not, just let me know.

Also enabled more of the ‘base’ maps, and lowered the selection weight of the Creature maps to around normal.

JiNx
    Participant

that cool with the maps just wanted some differant ones theres no need for any special ones so what you have done will be lovely i think.

Also is it possible please to put the wind up to random i no your not a lover of wind but i do love it.

with referance to the weapons it is just a personal thing from me and a lot of ppl might not agree just my opinions but there are lots of weapons that do very light damage for instance all the fiagra i think fire ones there is only realy one worth buying.

Also my own experiance is that with some many weapons on the buy screen players (well me mainly) get annoyed at having so many choices.
    Now for me as i like the mod its not too much of a problem now that i have set my favorites but before i would have said bugger this to many options and not bothered to get to no it. i think it might get you more players but i dont no that for sure or what other ppls feelings are on loads of weapons maybe someone else could comment so you get a general feedback

JiNx
    Participant

also when i killed your creatures and got some weapons an extra life and 2x 25 life

i got the flares added to my weapons which was cool
    the extra life????? dont no where that went
    and the 2 x 25 life never got added to my bot

Bobirov
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

also when i killed your creatures and got some weapons an extra life and 2x 25 life

i got the flares added to my weapons which was cool
    the extra life????? dont no where that went
    and the 2 x 25 life never got added to my bot

Extra lives do not roll over from round to round currently. So if you got an extra life and didn’t use it up that round, it disappears. Also, if you already had 100 life, odds are that you won’t see any added health unless it is set to go above the tank’s maximum health.

JiNx
    Participant

hi i no they dont roll over but it didnt show that i had an extra life so was unsure if i had one and i didnt want to die to find out lol

ref the extra health i am used to scavenger mod which will increase above normal life and i thought something might have been wrong

Bobirov
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

hi i no they dont roll over but it didnt show that i had an extra life so was unsure if i had one and i didnt want to die to find out lol

Currently, if the server is set to give everyone a single life per round, the extra lives dialog does not show up in the tool-tip text. I think this has been changed in 40.1 so that it shows players number of lives all the time. Also, cbx added the number of lives to the score dialog is number of lives on the server is greater than 1.

A Moogle
    Participant

Well, I’m thinking of taking out certain weapons:

Fire (Fira/Firaga will stay)
    Thunder (Thundara will stay)
    Spreader (Other spreaders will stay)
    Linaga (Line/Linara will stay)
    Petrify (Dirt Cover will stay)
    Poison
    Ring Target
    Trace
    Impending Doom (Rub will stay)
    Stilled Thunder
    Hvy DirtSpread

And that’s what I’m looking to remove ATM.

I’m also thinking of turning MiniFlare into Tiny Flare and removing the current Tiny Flare.

If I don’t have any change for a week, I’ll take out those weapons, so if anyone thinks that I should change this list, let me know, k?

And yes, I’ll set the wind to completely random. (It does give more of a challenge, doesn’t it?)

JiNx
    Participant

wicked nice one thank you

Thrax
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

Well, I’m thinking of taking out certain weapons:

Fire (Fira/Firaga will stay)
    Thunder (Thundara will stay)
    Spreader (Other spreaders will stay)
    Linaga (Line/Linara will stay)
    Petrify (Dirt Cover will stay)
    Poison
    Ring Target
    Trace
    Impending Doom (Rub will stay)
    Stilled Thunder
    Hvy DirtSpread

And that’s what I’m looking to remove ATM.

well dang, you just listed most of the contents of my current favorites tab.. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.