This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ellie mae 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

ellie mae
    Participant

I can tell you that 52 hours without power SUCKS! No technology, OMG! we should have our power back on soon though. the President actually declared us a National Disaster, i’ve been called worse though! 😀

Hope to see y’all again soon, before I go crazy!

Til whenever.

BOY
    Participant

glad to see you’re using your generator backup for a good use! 100% of CPU and monotor use is turned into heat 😀

It was pretty bad in West MO too, but we have power. Was 2 deg. F today when I went to work, It will be a miracle to get back up into my garage. 😆

JiNx
    Participant

what happened to cause the power cut?

a banana
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

what happened to cause the power cut?

At a guess, it’s probably these ice storms currently hitting Texas, Missouri and Arkansas.

I’m not in the US though, so I can’t be certain.

Viking62
    Participant

😀 Glad to hear clan Missouri still thrives. We got lucky here in south central MO. No Ice/just cold……….Take care my friends til this stuff blows over. >throwin another log in the furnace< Brrrrr

Deathstryker
    Participant

heheheh…. I remember the bad ice storm we had a couple years back here in Ohio. It made the trees look cool. We were without power for a week.

Sucked because I couldn’t check the forums. (yeah, I’m devoted alright.)

Crispy Critter
    Participant

We dodged a bullet in Chicagoland… in my area (south suburbs), most of the precipitation was rain, and it didn’t go below freezing until afterward. Then it snowed a bit Monday night – just a dusting compared to the north suburbs, though.

Hope the power situation in MO improves…

BOY
    Participant

I know of several people in East MO that just abandonded their homes and became nomads. 😆

Well, they did leave and head west. And as far as I can tell nobody wanted to flee to Illinois 😛

ellie mae
    Participant

thanks for the well wishes guys. i’m checking forum and e-mails from good ol’ McD’s! town near us has power but still none for us country folk, YET. as i left the house an hour ago, they had crews blocking the road (YAY!) the 3 inches of ice we got here in SW MO knocked a lot of trees and power lines down. there are still entire towns here with no power. i have some AMAZING pics if u all would like to see them. (when i can dl them that is)

just so you know we have missed y’all! 😉

DireWolf
    Participant

I used to live in Hazlewood MO, I had never seen a real thunderstorm untill I moved there, never had to deal with the ice and cold when I lived there though, sounds like misery, not Missouri 😉 Keep Warm!

ellie mae
    Participant

WE HAVE POWER!!! Matt just went home at 5pm and said we have power, yay! Bad news is our well had a main pipe burst. At least we have heat now. That’s the best news we’ve had in days! See y’all tonight!

cbx550f
    Participant

Good to hear – I’ve been thinking of you two. Hopefully there’s not too many pipe problems.

ellie mae
    Participant

well, we got power back on wednesday night, then lost it again on thursday between 3-5pm….. and now *drum roll* we have water!

we will see how long it lasts this time, since we have another winter storm headed our way tomorrow (predicting 6-12 inches of snow and sleet-YUCK!)

here are some pics i took from this last saturday and sunday. keep in mind this is all ice, no snow..enjoy!

JiNx
    Participant

the first and third are very very beautiful
    you should sell them, make some money and buy a scorhced t shirt

ellie mae
    Participant

ok! as long as bob’s not all over it! 🙂

or paul for that matter 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.