This topic contains 71 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xtc 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Raden
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Speaking of respectful discourse with those from other cultures, I’d like
    you to all note that Raden flys with Malaysian Airlines. If you ever see
    this Raden, and I hope that you do, you have been in my thoughts.

A post just to say you are fine would be great.
    Best wishes and best wishes to you all.

May God bless us, everyone.

Sincerely,

Rommel

I am fine, thank you Rommel. Lots of assumptions and theories regarding that missing plane.

Touchy subject in this discussion, but it’s good that it’s being discussed. Maybe it would open up some eyes and hearts to really see what is happening elsewhere in the world.

In my opinion, if the US were to really be the responsible ‘only remaining superpower policeman of the world’, they would do better if they based their actions without any prejudice and bias and without thinking of any profit gain from any of their actions. Real problematic issues such as the Israel-Palestinian should be the “policeman’s” main concern. Helping to solve that issue, with pure intentions and common and logical sense and humane reasons, would help to change the views of what most of the world are having of the US. Its practically a case of slow mass genocide and ethnic cleansing taking place there.

The real culprits and terrorists are not who you think they are. You need only to empathize and place yourselves in the other party’s shoes to see where I am coming from.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Open Letter to all future S3D posters:

This thread should have been locked long ago. I have seen far too many good people argue, burn themselves out, and leave because of their differences in political and geopolitical matters. We’re all human in the end, we live with the choices we make and those that have been made long before us. Stick by what you believe and defend it to the end; no one can fault you for it.

Afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, nothing, at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter how hard you screamed your logic at others, if you stuck to your guns and always did what you knew to be right, the end is your own rightfully deserved. Screaming does nothing to resolve the situation, only agreeing to disagree, or willingly and honestly talking out your differences will ever provide any tangible good to the larger discussion. Talking with another, is different from talking at another.

Core beliefs don’t tend to change overnight, or even in the face of fierce criticism, sometimes you just have to disagree and move on. Its the trade-off we accept for civility, and the fact is that very few of us have the potential to truly alter the course. It’s just part of being human.

When we lose all civility, respect, boundaries, duty, and honor, atrocities are perpetrated by those who don’t care for, flat-out refuse, or openly despise these notions. At the end of the day you are responsible for your sole actions and choices, no one can ever force you to choose wrongly. However, you have to live with the stark reality you created for yourself and others. It isn’t a forgiving world, and for that sole reason, we should all fight back and heavily ponder our instincts to punish and destroy, lest we make reality wholly undesirable.

Conflict is inevitably part of human nature, but here, on these forums, we hope to establish civility in place of our baser human desires or urges.

This is a heavy cautionary note, but it is the only possible path to a civilized, peaceful, and open discourse. Keep these in mind when posting in political matters. Consider your audience, and the goal of the entity hosting the service.

Are we here to divide ourselves over reality, or do we come here to try and transcend it?

Controversy breeds division and contempt, it will do so by very nature. Its just something to keep in mind when posting, what effect will this have on my audience?

Personally, I come here to escape reality, to meet new people, and play a good game of scorched. What about you?

We are stronger as a united disagreeable family, than we are a divided disagreeable family. Count on the similarities you share with one another, and take the conflicts with a grain of salt.

“Its a gaming website man, a gaming website, we come here to relax”

All the best,

Armor

PS*** Sorry if this post seems entirely directed at you Raden, you just happened to be the most recent poster sequence-wise in this thread. Its an open letter to everyone.

Raden
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

PS*** Sorry if this post seems entirely directed at you Raden, you just happened to be the most recent poster sequence-wise in this thread. Its an open letter to everyone.

I expected as much after I posted it, no worries. Just my opinion on some matters posted in an off-topic section of an online game forum. Just like how some of our friends here have their own opinion on the same matters. Whatever is whoever’s opinion on matters as per the above posts, that’s their personal take. Everyone will have differing ideas and opinion and I accept that fact, even though I might not accept their opinion. I see you guys as my online friends, who play/played the same game as I did, where we all had much fun. To me, you’re still my buddy sitting in some vehicle on the other side of the island hidden behind that crazy steep hill trying to shower me with smirvs, while I’m trying to do the same to you. Thats all.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Raden :

Thank you for stopping by and for letting us know you are alive and well.
    If I could, I think I’d give you a bear hug. Your message eased my mind.

I hope that you and your family ( “you and your’s” ) are all doing well. ; ^ )

@raden wrote:

I am fine, thank you Rommel. Lots of assumptions and theories regarding that missing plane. 

Touchy subject in this discussion, but it’s good that it’s being discussed. Maybe it would open up some eyes and hearts to really see what is happening elsewhere in the world. 

In my opinion, if the US were to really be the responsible ‘only remaining superpower policeman of the world’, they would do better if they based their actions without any prejudice and bias and without thinking of any profit gain from any of their actions. Real problematic issues such as the Israel-Palestinian should be the “policeman’s” main concern. Helping to solve that issue, with pure intentions and common and logical sense and humane reasons, would help to change the views of what most of the world are having of the US. Its practically a case of slow mass genocide and ethnic cleansing taking place there. 

The real culprits and terrorists are not who you think they are. You need only to empathize and place yourselves in the other party’s shoes to see where I am coming from.

Not wishing to see this thread locked ( or any more of the others ) I stopped posting.

Best wishes old friend, and best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Rommel

P.S. to POM
    – My sincere condolences on your recent loss. Although nothing
    replaces our old friends, my new friends ( Bear, Jack, Jill and Jim ) have been
    very good medicine for me this spring and summer. My doctor seems amazed.

P.P.S. to ALL of my old friends – I posted the wrong song earlier.

Rommel
    Participant

If you read the previous post before I made the P.P.S. you
    may have thought, “the old boy has gone over the edge.”

Perhaps so … In any event :

The Simon and Garfunkle was a rushed selection. After
    finding the song I wanted, I forgot to change the link.

This is a much better selection than the previous song.

TTFN

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Again Raden :

My peace of mind was short lived. Please write
    back and let us know that you weren’t aboard
    flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

There is a crime here that goes beyond
      denunciation. There is a sorrow here that
      weeping cannot symbolize. There is a
      failure here that topples all our success.

John Steinbeck – THE GRAPES OF WRATH

My heart goes out to you and your people.

If a missile or a drone or any other act took
    down the plane, I hope the guily are found.

If the Boeing 777 is unsafe and the truth
    has been hidden in the name of profits, I
    hope your country can bring this to light.

Best wishes, now and always,

Rommel

xtc
    Participant

Now we are about locking offtopic threads? It is the last thing still alive about this game.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

The hysteria you people attempt drudge up is unbelievable.

There is a difference between action and opinion, should it have required action I would have done it long ago. Learn it.

What has caused people to leave this game is more to do with what the community allows and perpetrates, rather than those who have diligently bit their tongue and bothered to put up with the perpetual nonsense.

I don’t know about you mates, but I’m here to play a damn game, not skewer someone over other matters. The sooner you mates realize that, the sooner this place feels more welcoming to outsiders. Clearly your skins are all 2mm thick, because you all run off crying to others when someone hurts your feelings. Yet you insist to carry on with it.

We all have differences, learn to work them out like adults, then maybe some of us never have to wish there was such a thing as locking a thread. Every-time you pop up Rommel, there seems to be trouble, negativity, or controversy, same with you xtc. I begin to wonder if that seems to be what you mates thrive best on. We hardly need that vitriol here. There are many forums that would have rid themselves of your behaviors long ago.

Your being here is not a right, it is a privilege. This is akin to a family to me, and I will help guide it as such. I was made a moderator because I was trusted to know just how and when to take action.

Do some good for the community for once and keep your mouths shut. Begin with action, not grandiose theories and complaints. I have hardly seen either of you two work to better this community, improve it, or by any means contribute to it in these past years. Your opinions on matters mean near squat to me, I may have to read them, but I hardly have to afford them any action. Once again, the difference between action and opinion.

The next version of Scorched 3D will be out soon, so hopefully the whiner ratio will also be balanced out around here soon.

This is a gaming website, not your personal journals. Nothing is sacred here just because you post it. When a topic reaches a boiling point, a good moderator knows when to take action and let everyone cool off and take a step back. At least some of us are working hard to save face for the future S3D community.

If I have offended anyone, good, maybe you people will start to realize what kind of operation we are trying to run here. Leave or adapt. This is an open and free community, anyone is allowed to join, but communities often have gates, guards, and borders, neither of which are crossed lightly, and often result in being thrown out for doing so.

I will be back tomorrow to check for replies, and the next day, and the next day, like I have for the last decade or so. It’s kind of a daily thing for me, not just something I do on a whim or fancy because I feel like tearing some poor mate a new one, or complaining about the current state of affairs.

All the best, as usual

Armor

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Raden :

Malaysia Airlines recently released the names of the flight crew.
    It was a great relief to see you were not aboard Flight MH17.

Either as an active member of the flight crew or as an
    employee making the return trip home as a passenger.

I’m sorry that your return was not better received but
    the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Seeing that this thread is once again under threat, I
    do not feel comfortable saying more at this time. Well,
    there is one thing … it seems that’s always the case.

Welcome back XTC. It is always
    good to see the unseen readers.

Best Wishes to All,

Rommel

P.S. – ( see what I mean )
    Here’s the list in text format.
    You may find it easier to navigate pasted into columns.

Rommel
    Participant

“There’s just one more thing sir … ” Peter Falk as Lt. Columbo

Dear Moderator(s) :

I offer the following suggestion as friendly advice,
    intended to prolong your enjoyment of the game :

Although I deem the off topic section to be a large part of the
    soul of this site, I still consider the interaction that the game
    provides to be the required catylist that brings us together.

Even if you can’t provide help, please reply to posts for help.

If one sees posts from the moderator(s) or a mod maker or a
    server operator, here in the off topic section, while a post in
    the help section is being ignored, they might get the wrong
    idea about what kind of operation you are trying to run here.

If you can’t find it, let me know and I’ll provide a link.

Thanking you in advance,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

There ain’t nowhere to hide on the front line. –
    Crobot

According to this report from WTRG Economics :

Wednesday, July 23, 2014: NYMEX West Texas Intermediate Crude Oil
    Price for September delivery closed up $0.73 at $103.12 per barrel.

I suspect that today, the price is higher still.

Welcome Back Zombie !
    That was a good joke.

This just in from the Wall Street Journal :

Global oil prices rose to a two-week high on Friday as investors
    prepared for more market-roiling headlines from Ukraine and the
    Middle East over the weekend.

Brent crude for September delivery rose $1.32, or 1.2%, at $108.39 a
    barrel, the highest closing price since July 10 on the ICE Futures Europe
    exchange. It was the largest one-day gain for the global benchmark
    since June 12.

Light, sweet crude on the New York Mercantile Exchange
    ended almost flat, up 2 cents to $102.09 a barrel.

WTI fell hard on Thursday but closed slightly
    higher today at $ 102.09. Oh happy joy !

zombie
    Participant

Hi every body. Thanks Rommel. Hi Raden . Sorry about two sad incidents of Malaysian airlines.

zombie
    Participant

Some type of war will contineu till we depend upon fossil energy. Few europian countries has taken pledge for not using fossil energy for transport after 2020. USA should also make some sort of pledge. then USA will use chinese solar panels . Off course it will be another cause of war. 🙂

zombie
    Participant

It is the basic human nature directly taken from apes to look / feel better from peers. Even a feather from bird will make difference. So nothing to worry about winsconsin calander. But if you look other way i / we r better than you attitude has made so much evolution and discoveries possible. Eternal quest for remaining different / best is also important.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Zombie :

The problem I foresee with moving to electric transportation in the near
    future is that much of the electricity generated in the U.S.A. is made by
    burning fossil fuels.
    @zombie wrote:

Some type of war will contineu till we depend upon fossil energy. Few
    europian countries has taken pledge for not using fossil energy for
    transport after 2020. USA should also make some sort of pledge. then
    USA will use chinese solar panels . Off course it will be another cause
    of war. 🙂

There are some additional restraints as well. Such as :

the poor condition of our national grid and our current
    inability to produce enough peak power for everyone.

Smart meters will solve the peak demand issues.

Sorry for the power interuption but it’s your day.

From an ecological perpective, burning diesel fuel,
    for transportation may prove to be less harmful to
    the environment than increased electrical production.

Not gasoline or gasahol, but stinky old diesel fuel.
    Properly combusted, diesel is a clean burning fuel.

Funny stuff I know but I’ll let the readers confirm the
    efficiencies and polutants from both and come to
    their own conclusions on the morality of forcing a
    nation wide switch to electric cars.

Until solar panels are more efficient and provide an
    expected lifespan of 40 years, it seems unlikely that
    many American homeowners will invest in the panels.

Currently, in the U.S.A. the expected payback period is
    equal to the twenty year expected lifespan of the panels.

An off-grid home system, that pays for itself in 10 years
    but lasts for 40 years seems to be the proper incentive.

; ^ )

Next message …

P.S. – I’m not sure about the quality of your diesel
    fuel but here, we are burning ultra low sulpher.

Sulpher emissions and acid rain cause problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.