This topic contains 71 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xtc 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Acid22
    Participant

Anyone fancy a pint? 😛

Chopper
    Participant

Cheers A-Man…How the hell you been? :mrgreen:

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I would argue that’s basic human nature Rommel. Any and every nation has killed in pursuit of something, usually the justification hearkens to some sense of enlightenment, purpose, or expressed goal.

Given that America has so much publicity globally in the age of communication it would be prudent to say that people are far more aware of their neighbors than in ages past.

If any other country were to swap places with America, how do you think that would influence various viewpoints? (rhetorical) I guarantee most nations could find something immediately wrong with their course of action. Its simple when you think about it. Someone always has a complaint, always.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. What do bad intentions lead to then I would wonder, heaven? Either way, I am here, and I will protect my interests, as simple as that. Same with anyone who deems me a threat. Human nature breeds conflict, just as it always has and always will. There is really very little I may do to influence the course of events, but it is my belief that every person, every good deed they do counts somewhere in the larger scheme of things.

Perhaps Peter Jackson put it best:

@Gandalf wrote:

Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? I don’t know. Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.

Armor

Chopper
    Participant

Pravda? Called the United States a nation of killers?
    Give me a f’in’ break, what was the total of Uncle Joe of his own people?

“In his book, “Unnatural Deaths in the U.S.S.R.: 1928-1954,” I.G. Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million “unnatural deaths” during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin.”

From here….http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-did-joseph-stalin-kill-1111789

Here’s Stalin’s “quote of the day” for ya’…..from the article linked above:
    Quotes attributed to Stalin reflected his utter disregard for human life. Among other bons mots, he allegedly declared: “Death is the solution to all problems. No man — no problem,” and “One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.”

The United States has made its share of mistakes, but don’t even TRY to put the US in this animal’s league. Today…there would be no problem with any ethnic group, any region or any neighboring country that got in his way. Believe it.

….don’t even know why I took this bait since it was my buddy Peanut you were after. You got your rise now go away.

Acid22
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Cheers A-Man…How the hell you been? :mrgreen:

All good, more cars and bikes, super busy etc etc. Trying to spend less time on the interweb………..how are you?

I’ve just read your thingy on your doofer. ‘Anger is not an Acid but sometimes Acid is very angry 🙂

@rommel wrote:

Hi Acid22 :

Hi Rommel,

It’s always good to see an unseen reader.

Welcome back.

@acid22 wrote:

Anyone fancy a pint? 😛

If we were a drinkin, and I were a buyin, we’d be
    startin off with two pints and a shot apeice of
    whatever you fancied. Then after sayin our howdies
    and how are yas, we’d settle in for drinkin an jawin.

Cheers,

Rommel

Nice to see your pin sharp wit/arsyness/cynicism/charm/aloofness etc etc is still intact ! 😉

The America is nuts debate is not a new thing. Every country has it’s b*llshit stereotypes:
    Brits: All have bad teeth and speak like the Queen or Dick Van Dyke.
    Germans: Miserable gits with no sense of humour and hairy armpits.
    Dutch: All stoned. (possible hairy armpits)
    French: Hmmmm, well, er, ummm, errrr hawhihawhihaw.
    The list is endless.
    The perception of arrogance is not really true though either in my experience of visiting and meeting people from the Isle of Septic. Everybody was very pleasant………..a bit nuts but pleasant……..well actually as mad as a bag of frogs but pleasant none the less 😆

The intercity rivalry in England is even worse. The next area of your own town can be despised, Lappy is a Pirate, Peanut is a homosexual Southern Frenchy, the next county is appalling, North or South of your location is full of losers, the Welsh, Scottish, Cornish, are robbers/misers, anyone South of here thinks the North is a bad place and we’re all daft. Cockneys think they are sent from God and the railways stop at Manchester. (none have ever been further than Essex or Benidorm. It’s all good though! =D>

Cya soon!

Chopper
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know about some of the local prejudices going on there.
    You know what, every town, city, county, and state here do the same thing.

For instance……up in Wisconsin they made a calendar…the “Beautiful Girls of Wisconsin”…some had to be used twice. ROFL.

Hyde911
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Thanks for letting us know about some of the local prejudices going on there.
    You know what, every town, city, county, and state here do the same thing.

For instance……up in Wisconsin they made a calendar…the “Beautiful Girls of Wisconsin”…some had to be used twice. ROFL.

lol

xtc
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

“In his book, “Unnatural Deaths in the U.S.S.R.: 1928-1954,” I.G. Dyadkin estimated that the USSR suffered 56 to 62 million “unnatural deaths” during that period, with 34 to 49 million directly linked to Stalin.”

From here….http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-people-did-joseph-stalin-kill-1111789

Here’s Stalin’s “quote of the day” for ya’…..from the article linked above:
    Quotes attributed to Stalin reflected his utter disregard for human life. Among other bons mots, he allegedly declared: “Death is the solution to all problems. No man — no problem,” and “One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.”

Piece of russophobic propaganda. This has as much truth, as Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction reports.

DireWolf
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I mean… liberate a country, secure WMDs, capture an evil dictator.

YouTube

Cenk Uygur actually supported going to Iran (1991) and Afghanistan (2001) until 2009!, Just like most American liberals, they supported it before they were against it, just another MSNBC stooge.

And they want to go into Syria, Iran and North Korea at the moment. <– We do? I live here and dont know of anyone who does, If I thought Iran were to become part of the nuclear mile high club, I would support whatever it took to change that and could care less about any argument an ex msnbc host born in Turkey has to say, or any other person who would believe anything someone from msnbc would have to say!

Empire building sure is great.
    Please, if you’re an American who’s allowed to vote (not many of you left), don’t vote for any of these scummy, murderous, thieving, lying, moronic arseholes. Put ‘None of the above’ to show you do care (hence turned out) and have had enough of this. All you’re doing with these wars is ensuring yet ANOTHER few generation hate you for devastating their country and lives AND making a few massive companies enormously rich (who then pay very little tax).

Show me a politician who is not a scummy, murderous, thieving, lying, moronic arsehole, or become one by the end of his term.

I am allowed to vote but it does not count, Because the state I live in the Democrats outnumber everyone else, so if my vote is not democrat it does not count! Now we have that fool Obama who is the weakest excuse for a human being let alone a president in power, what do we have to show for it? gee the gays made out like bandits, Illegals aren’t illegal anymore, our war veterans have been dying like flies because it is easier to put them off than to give them healthcare yet the prison population gets great healthcare, Obama was billed as the Anti-Bush and are we better off now? Hell No.

I am not trying to legitimize our being there for oil or what our government has done and is still doing but….. I also could care less what other countries think of the US, honestly! We have helped so many countries in so many situations, we have given our lives to help other countries many times over, we have given hard earned money to countries when we have people who cannot even afford to eat here instead of just worrying about ourselves, if it was not for us many countries including Britain would have been slaughtered by the nazi’s or other threats, People of other countries are so quick to point out our flaws forgetting the good that we have done over many many years and still do today, we are not perfect, not by a long shot, do I feel bad we killed Saddam while we were in Iraq where we should not have been, Hell No! am I going to feel bad because our government is corrupt no matter who is in charge dem or rep? Nope, not a damned thing I or anyone else can do about it, remember, my vote only counts here if I am a democrat.

What I do regret and am ashamed of is what our culture is becoming, our people have become blind sheep that will believe anything without question, having the latest Iphone is more important than what are government is doing to us and others abroad, we are so distracted by what we must have that we don’t care about anything else that is going on, and now our own government is taking advantage of this fact, so many are blind to it or just so selfish they don’t care, what happens on Game of Thrones or in Justin Beibers twisted little life is more important, we look up to Miley Cyrus acting like a slut shaking her lack of ass up and down like she was being pounded by a jack hammer on tv, morals are a rare thing anymore.

Chopper
    Participant

Dire…..always , always, ALWAYS….cast your vote.
    That’s the problem now…..even the French turn out 70% plus voters at election time. The US voter a dismal 35% or so.

Deathbal
    Participant

Chopper
    Participant

The Mideast hasn’t been a significant provider to the uS for a while.
    Now Canada is another matter.

Hyde911
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I am allowed to vote but it does not count, Because the state I live in the Democrats outnumber everyone else, so if my vote is not democrat it does not count!

It doesn’t matter anyway since American politicians are entirely depended hence owned by campaign donors. Whoever you vote for same people stay in charge. Instead of limiting influence of business on politicians your legislators give it more opportunity by removing donation restrictions.
    I wouldn’t care.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.