This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 6 years ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

yes, probably. if i remember right, i went for a system like this:

one
    two
    three

and had the flash cycle through all message tags just once before making a new xml request. the xml’s a php script that (currently) just gets the last ‘this’ many events from the stats database, limited to 5 at the mo(?)

all the flash stuff uses xml and external files. the banner itself’s basically just as3 to make use of the flash plugin. all the links, text, colours and graphics can be changed with edits to php. same applies to the video player, and we can link it to any youtube we like.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

ive updated the banner video. there were no complaints on load time or peformance, so i thought id push things a little further. the base vid in the banner is now about 1MB with footage from 43.3. slightly higher resolution, similar bitrate but dropped fps from 30 to 25. let me know if there are any problems.

ps:
    peanut, ’cause youll probably read this. question about text areas. you probably want to test for n (and r in opera/ie). javascript indexof or split would do it, or maybe regex.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Not noticed a difference with the latest video.

Could I draw your attention to:
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6534&p=64483#p64483

Tho please.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

it’s quite different. the new sequence includes a scene with parrots, and one with lightning. ive updated again since i posted. added more contrast to the red scene on request. now back to 30fps

Anonymous

and the red scene is indeed much better 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Any chance of bringing back the PM popup too.

I’m sure there used to be a popup when a PM was recieved, that doesn’t happen anymore and as I’m sure you’ve noticed yourself, it’s easy to miss having a PM if you’re not used to receiving them often.

Not a major thing tho.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

no changes made there. i always block anyway, but i had a popup warning in firefox last time.

they (phpbb) are using javascript for that. it’s possible that if there’s an error in some of the code elsewhere on the page (eg flash embed or cookie settings for the mini banner), it could halt the rest. could you give me your browser release/version numbers for testing?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Firefox 7.01

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

**marked resolved/red-faced peanut

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

**marked resolved/red-faced peanut

/signed.

There’s an option in the user control panel to disable notification, this was disabled.
    Didn’t even know it existed, had a look just in case and as Lappy pointed out… red facedness ensued.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

updated the banner once more – it’s quite instant while i still have track of everything. ive had the green scene show first. i think it ties in more nicely with those classic camouflage tones.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.