This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Lithium
    Participant

@lithium wrote:

I’ve seen 1-2 players violate this trust which can be frustrating for a beginner like me.

Case in point: Today I was on the Beginner Server as usual. At the start of each round I make sure players all agree on “AI First” if the map is mostly AI. A new round started with an unfamiliar player (who I will not name) joining the game…He used most of his initial $30k to buy a Death’s Head. Then on the third move, He fired the Death’s Head directly at me, killing me. Immediately after my initial comment of “WTF??? I said AI First!”, he disconnected. To me, that’s griefing. I’m not sure what to do about it….gotta suck it up I guess, unless we start an official blacklist or add in-game “kick”/”ban” voting to the next version of Scorched3d.

Brain Damage
    Participant

just for curiosity:

– if the player joined after you asked all the first time, did you ask him/when he joined if he/she wanted to agree to the rules?
    -did he/she answer yes to AIF?
    -you said he/she was unfamiliar, are you sure that he/she knew what rules are, and what means AI first?

if the answer is no to any of the previous question then sorry, but you cannot blame anyone but yourself

offtopic:
    i belive that this thread now can fits more “players & servers complains” section than general

Lithium
    Participant

Yes on 1

On 2, he didn’t answer “no”. In fact, he didn’t answer at all.

Not sure on 3 but its suspicious that this player used all his cash on a Death’s Head and then left immediately after using it (he didn’t even finish 1 round). I’m not asking that this player be banned. After all, I never saw him before and he may have misunderstood (maybe there was a language barrier). However, if he continues to do this, aren’t his intentions clear enough?

I’d like to suggest in-game player voting for the next version of Scorched3d. See my thread:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3581

apache64d
    Participant

Lith, I need u to send me the name of that player, due to you decided to not write it here.
    That act of shooting dh and leave is realy can be anoying.

Shotzo
    Participant

IMO I don’t think we need ANOTHER blacklist…

Seems to me like it’s just like another senator macarthur… huntin’ for witches again.

BOY
    Participant

senator macauther was right, there were KGB spies in the state department. We found out later who they really were once the old KGB files were released. THey were not who he thought they were, some of them.

The botom line though, is that Macauther was a patriot. 😉

Shotzo
    Participant

Republican**

And a bully.

Rossi
    Participant

This seems to be the most recent thread on this topic, so I’m gonna post here:

Last sunday I broke the AI-first rule. I’m sorry for that and I want to apologize to MAXX for any inconvenience. It really wasn’t on purpose.

I’m new to scorched3d. Last sunday I played it online for the second time, on the beginners server even for the first time. I had never heard about “ai1” and couldn’t make any sense of it. Ok, I should’ve asked and I didn’t — so I’m sorry for that too. If I had known about the rule I wouldn’t have shoot on MAXX twice.

Perhaps there should be a thread in this forum where all rules and, especially, their abbreviations are listed?

DireWolf
    Participant

@rossi wrote:

This seems to be the most recent thread on this topic, so I’m gonna post here:

Last sunday I broke the AI-first rule. I’m sorry for that and I want to apologize to MAXX for any inconvenience. It really wasn’t on purpose.

I’m new to scorched3d. Last sunday I played it online for the second time, on the beginners server even for the first time. I had never heard about “ai1” and couldn’t make any sense of it. Ok, I should’ve asked and I didn’t — so I’m sorry for that too. If I had known about the rule I wouldn’t have shoot on MAXX twice.

Perhaps there should be a thread in this forum where all rules and, especially, their abbreviations are listed?

Dont trip Rossi, it happens, we were all new at one time and went through the same thing, some players forget that we have new people who are still learning, Welcome to our little community and enjoy the carnage! 😈

DireWolf
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

Republican**

And a bully.

And proud as punch 😉

Irishbandit
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

1. baby missiles only :

very cool game. focus in on accuracy. no worries on getting hogged or digged here so no chutes are required.

2. MCB – Missiles Chutes Batts :

Again a game of accuracy and much easier to kill with missiles than babymissiles. Lots of fun and a great change of pace. Problems arise when you get hit over and over again without dying due lots of batts on hand and you’ll find yourself in a big hole.

3. baby – baby sandhog, baby nuke, baby rollers, baby diggers, missiles,
    fuel, batts, chutes, teleport.

About rule 3 i dont know if we use the teleport when we play or not. But you get the idea. 😉

Most of the rules will be these 3 and “ai first” which means to kill the bots first. Just remember if you dont want to play rules you dont have to.

Timinator
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

IMO I don’t think we need ANOTHER blacklist…

Seems to me like it’s just like another senator macarthur… huntin’ for witches again.

Call me a nerd, but are you confusing the former Wisconsin Senator Joe McCarthy with General Douglas MacArthur? The Senator created fear of Communism, the General was feared by Communism.

Like i said, feel free to call me a loser or nerd for providing today’s history lesson.

FREAK
    Participant

I don’t think this is really a rule but something to keep in mind.
    This is about fuel…

When someone moves around alot, don’t complain about it.
    They payed for the fuel (or shot at cargo for it). If you complain about it then your simply saying…

“Stop using the fuel that you paid for instead of using the money on a weapon that may not have any effect at all. Just stay still and end up wasting your money because I told you to!”

People who buy alot of fuel should be respected just like everyone else. We all have are owns strategies. After all, their strategies are effective and they usually end up owning you. So why mess with them?

Willis
    Participant

I agree with you FREAK about using fuel, but I’ll try to comment on the other side of the story.

People using fuel, at least those who I think get on everyones nerves, are not really making large leaps and bounds. They move in small steps, just enough to avoid a missile or such. And using this technique can last many turns, throughout the round.

In the process it makes people second guess themselves, they try to predict where the fuel user will go to, and in end maybe shoot elsewhere when the fuel user decides not to move at all.

All the fuel user is doing, is stalling. Wasting time until the round finishes and they can get the points and cash benefits of a round.

—-

Personally it gets on the nerves, but I don’t complain. Often I carry proper weaponry to cover a small area or home in on my target. Hopefully pushing them into water where fuel does not work.

Or if their goals succeed, I know better for future rounds and games. People cannot rely on this technique alone, and I capitalize on that time.

dexterschumi
    Participant

Hey mandy when a game is in progress which has rules and a new playa joins,all attack that playa and make him RQ!!!lol,so the earlier rules can continue without a problem HEHEHE.
    just joking . 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.