This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

mandy
    Participant

hi everyone,

i know that a lot of posts where written about this, but i seriously feel the urge to do another.

it happened twice to me today, that i joined the main server. nobody told me that they play *baby* rules, so i played regular.
    in the future when noone is telling me, when i join the game, i will no more agree with it.

so please to everyone, when new player join the game, let them know immediately, so they do have the chance to agree or to disagree.

i usually dont mind playing any rules, or i just say simple *no*, just let them know in time.

thanks

mandy

for past discussion and the “definitive” poll on this subject see this post

Another change to the title for more clarity done by DS.

apache64d
    Participant

Yes, it’s the players’ responsybility to tell u it is “rules game”..
    EVERYBODY REMEMBER: the server is free for all weapons on its original target, base.>>normal game.
    If u want to play a rules game it is on your responsibility and no one’s fault if the rules were broken for any reason.

apache.

HWB
    Participant

Responsibility is a big word.

apache64d
    Participant

to a big conflict that is happening since the “rules” game been “inventened”. u can put any other softer word..english is my second launguage.not the main1..

Wowbagger
    Participant

Its as simple as this:

If someone comes in and doesnt want to play a rules game, then All rules are off and its FFA for the rest of the game.

No One should ever feel awkward saying that they dont want to play a rules game and Everyone playing the rules game should understand and be okay with people who dont want to play rules, regardless of when they join in.

mandy
    Participant

@wowbagger wrote:

Its as simple as this:

If someone comes in and doesnt want to play a rules game, then All rules are off and its FFA for the rest of the game.

No One should ever feel awkward saying that they dont want to play a rules game and Everyone playing the rules game should understand and be okay with people who dont want to play rules, regardless of when they join in.

thank you for pointing that out again wowbagger. yes thats very important that a player does not feel like he/she has to say yes.

what i actually wanted to say is, ask the player right away. dont wait for minutes to pass. not until the player already bought his weapons and so on.

thanks again for all your input guys.

you all are the BEST!!!

mandy

Thrax
    Participant

@mandy wrote:

@wowbagger wrote:

Its as simple as this:

If someone comes in and doesnt want to play a rules game, then All
    rules are off and its FFA for the rest of the game.

No One should ever feel awkward saying that they dont want to play a
    rules game and Everyone playing the rules game should understand and
    be okay with people who dont want to play rules, regardless of when they
    join in.

thank you for pointing that out again wowbagger. yes thats very
    important that a player does not feel like he/she has to say yes.

what i actually wanted to say is, ask the player right away. dont wait for
    minutes to pass. not until the player already bought his weapons and so
    on.
    thanks again for all your input guys.
    you all are the BEST!!!
    mandy

Also note that when some players try to play a simpler game limited by
    rules, it’s because they’re tired of Funky’s every round etc. They are
    trying a game for skill instead.

Calling all rule’s off because you feel too limited may also result in a
    faster death each round.. 🙁

For those interested in a restricted game ,similar to a “baby rules” game,
    Don’t forget that Stone-Age was created for that exact purpose..
    Try it sometime. – insert shameless ad here-… 😀

badshot
    Participant

rules are stupid and unconstitional 😆

Seriously, if somebody want limited weapons, start your freaking server, period. Or play stone age.

Willis
    Participant

Made the topic a ‘sticky’ so it stays at the top. Hopefully over time people will see a topic like this and catch on.

BOY
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Made the topic a ‘sticky’ so it stays at the top. Hopefully over time people will see a topic like this and catch on.

I was thinking the same thing. N1 😉

I edited the title and added a link in mandy’s post to the old discussion of this started by Wowbagger.

BOY
    Participant

@badshot wrote:

rules are stupid and unconstitional 😆

Seriously, if somebody want limited weapons, start your freaking server, period. Or play stone age.

just would like to remind you all, for those that like small stuff, and want to avoid the hastle of rules to eliminate the lethal DH and funky, small weapons mod is just the right place.

Balanced prices
    No tracking or seeking weapons of any kind
    Limited to small shields
    one bot, leaves after two players for duels

if you are STILL tempted to try to make rules, and want really really small, stoneage is the mod for you.

If not even that stops the rulemaking, go to scavenger mod, you start with nothing and there is NO BUYING so rules are useless! (btw you should really try this mod, its like crack!)

SPYRER
    Participant

Has not this subject been beaten to death enough already?

just put something in server rules( I do believe that is what that page is for before you pick your model)

put a custom display/hint that says to the effect “round ten is FFA” or whatever you want.

Go to a modded server that conforms to you wishes (ie small weapons)

Any which way you can the rules will be broken, how many people are on a voice or IM chat?

“Well you can get him”,”I am going for the fuel”, I don’t know what angle should I go with, let’s go after him together.” etc etc etc.

Some people will take ( or need ) advantages can break the rules( or rules that are percieved).

Just deal with it and have fun, go to a different server/mod or just play.

Just do a forum search with “rules”, “breaking”,”cheat” and so how much this topic has been put to rest, ressurected, and killed again.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@spyrer wrote:

just put something in server rules( I do believe that is what that page is for before you pick your model)

put a custom display/hint that says to the effect “round ten is FFA” or whatever you want.

Good idea.

How about something to this effect?
    @Server Dialog wrote:

Temporary player agreed rules note (8/24/06):
    While player rules are generally accepted in Scorched 3D, please take note that players can take liberty in deciding and/or agreeing to these rules and should feel no shame in nonconformance. Any player caught harassing another player into accepting these rules will be will be penalized.

mandy
    Participant

@spyrer wrote:

thanks for your opinion spyrer.

i dont believe this subjects is discussed enough yet. i only wanted to point out that when i join a game and i will not be told right away that they play rules i will not agree with it anymore …….

@spyrer wrote:

Go to a modded server that conforms to you wishes (ie small weapons)
    [/size]

as everyone knows, you probably best, i am not a modder. nor do i mostly read the mod section cause i am not interested in it. i am a gamer. i like the people in the game and i LOVE THE GAME ITSELF.

@spyrer wrote:

Any which way you can the rules will be broken, how many people are on a voice or IM chat?

“Well you can get him”,”I am going for the fuel”, I don’t know what angle should I go with, let’s go after him together.” etc etc etc.

Anyone who is playing scorched knows i am love skype as well as the game. its cool to talk to people all over the world.
    ok guys, call me a cheater from now on.

... i should really start cheating now ….

@spyrer wrote:

Some people will take ( or need ) advantages can break the rules( or rules that are percieved).

Just deal with it and have fun, go to a different server/mod or just play.

Just do a forum search with “rules”, “breaking”,”cheat” and so how much this topic has been put to rest, ressurected, and killed again.

i will do this search when i get to it. but as you know spy, i will say what i have to say, EVEN WHEN IT MEANS I HAVE TO DO A NEW TOPIC, i will in the future.

and spyrer if you dont want to read the topic called *rules* then just dont read it if you are already so discussed by that topic.

thanks

mandy

cbx550f
    Participant

@spyrer wrote:

@The Scavenger Hunt server message wrote:

There is only one “House Rule”: No rules.

I put that in mine a while ago. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.