This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  A Moogle 11 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

Is it possible to use WeaponAimed to teleport to another tank? In any way? I have some code already, the only prob is that I don’t think the tele is getting a location to teleport to.[/code]

Brain Damage
    Participant

the only thing i se wrong is:
    you should use WeaponAimedUnder instead of WeaponAimedOver if you use an underground projectile, otherwise the projectile will do a parabolic arc underground (won’t work because will hit the surface, so will telport there); maybe you will want to make the projectile something like 10X faster to avoid delay to reach far targets wich may messes up syncs with the 3 subweapons; to finish my suggestion would be also to make the undergroundprojectile with 0 to avoid unwanted shield damage (and shied hit sound)

A Moogle
    Participant

I should probably be more specific about what goes wrong. Whatever combination of WeaponAimedUnder/Over and I use, the problem is always the same. Ok, first the tank doesn’t do the first tele. (Well, it does, but it teleports to itself.) Then it drops the Flare and teleports away.

So, I know the second and third part of the code works fine. I just can’t figure out why the tank tele’s to itself on the first segment.

Sorry for not being more specific the first time. 😳

Also, I ‘updated’ the code. Get it from the above post. 😛

Brain Damage
    Participant

whoops i forgot that weaponaimedunder/over can track yourself too; so the missile that is shot will always track yourself (closest tank); you may use a code more similar to my crazy ivan for the first teleport.

this way the shooting point of the 1st teleport missile is random; so you have low chances to get traced yourself (stil few but :twisted:)

A Moogle
    Participant

Ok, that code works *somewhat*. I was hoping to get at least a 50-75% hit rate. I’m guessing it’s impossible with the current setup?

I had seen in a GBA Final Fantasy fan game a move called TeleFlare. (Guess where I got the weapon name from 😛 )

Anyway, it would teleport you behind an enemy, cast Flare, then teleport back, with an almost perfect hit rate. That is the kind of thing I’m trying to do here, except that I don’t really care if the second tele returns to the original spot or not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.