This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Very thin and long shield wall… Anti-laser shielding in the hills!

Now we’re talking. 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

Just noticed this in the TODO list.

Added: New landscape event condition groupsize, allows actions to be fired when an objectgroup reaches a size

Very, very cool. I didn’t expect it to be an actual event condition like it is, but that is very nice the way it is set up. Thank you very much for that. I feel that is another gameplay enhancement that opens up a lot of possibilities. Not only could you do what we were thinking like destroying a whole group of objects to win the round, but you could apply that to other things as well like multi-part reactors that must all be taken out to shut down a shield or other ideas along those lines. So now we can not only have the standard issue teamplay where both teams simply kill eachother, we also have to ability to emulate a capture the flag or destroy the object style gameplay and also a new gameplay option to destroy an entire group of objects to win. I think it will be a nice change to see a few plays on the traditional ‘kill em all’ style gameplay. 🙂

I’m really impressed at the expansion of possibilities that are coming up, particularly for team games. Position selection, multiple moves/moving and firing in the same turn, cubicle type shields, and all the new teamplay improvements like team based objectives, events and movement restriction on the shields are all very nice additions that open up a lot of new unseen possibilities should they be exploited to their fullest by the modding community. 🙂

Again, I just want to say thanks for listening to several of my hair-brained ideas. I’ll try to honor the work by making use of all this in OpScorched to help show off what is possible with some of these new changes. I can’t say it enough, thanks again. 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Very, very cool. I didn’t expect it to be an actual event condition like it is,

It seemed to make sense this way, kind of an expansion to an existing idea. Let me know how you get on.

Again, I just want to say thanks for listening to several of my hair-brained ideas.

No worries 🙂

I’ll try to honor the work by making use of all this in OpScorched to help show off what is possible with some of these new changes.

Hehe, don’t feel pressured. Your mods do seem to act as the base moding tutorial though 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@bobirov wrote:

Very, very cool. I didn’t expect it to be an actual event condition like it is,

It seemed to make sense this way, kind of an expansion to an existing idea. Let me know how you get on.

Oh, I am not complaining or anything. I like the way you have done it. It is more powerful than what I was suggesting, as usual. This way, we can apply this to objects from seperate object groups, where we wouldn’t be able to with the way I was suggesting to do it. Very nice. 😀

@gcamp wrote:

@bobirov wrote:

I’ll try to honor the work by making use of all this in OpScorched to help show off what is possible with some of these new changes.

Hehe, don’t feel pressured. Your mods do seem to act as the base moding tutorial though 🙂

Well, I try.. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.