This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I was just thinking, maybe we can already use on a whole group. lol
    If not, wouldn’t that do the trick, Bob?

I don’t think that would work. That would fire each time an object in the group is destroyed. And what we want is an event that fires once every object in that group has been destroyed.

jdog
    Participant

While where at it is there a way to have a to destory(explosions yaaa or just remove them from the game for the round) an team when either, a object is destoried or all objects in a group are destoried.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sounds good Bob, can you wait till the next version or would this make things a lot better for 40.1?

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Sounds good Bob, can you wait till the next version or would this make things a lot better for 40.1?

Well, both really. I think it would make things a lot better for 40.1 but, then again, I can always wait. 😛

Its just that we are still pretty limited in what we can do as far as goals. Having team based events certainly helped A LOT as we can at least have team oriented objects which do things differently depending on who destroys them or gathers them. But as far as winning the round goes, we’re still limited to having a single object that you can destroy to win (or mulitple objects that you destroy any one of to win).

Really though, you know what’s best for the game. If you just want to get 40.1 out as quickly as possible, thats fine by me. I still am not finished with my 2forts map which relies on the new teamaction primitive anyway so its not like I am in a big rush here. The groupaction thing is mainly so we can move cbx’s airfield and alcatraz maps over to OpScorched and give them a meaningful winning condition, as the single object scenario just doesn’t fit that style of map at all, and its a shame as they are some of the best maps made to date IMO and they really feel like they should be perfect for the mod.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Well, both really. I think it would make things a lot better for 40.1 but, then again, I can always wait. 😛

Yeah its a tricky one, I’m torn between wanting to keep the version stable and getting it out soon vs putting more in and having a fuller version.

The release cycle for the game seems to be stretching and I was trying to bring it in. Wanting to squeeze things in because of the time between versions, but if we didn’t squeeze then the time between would be shorter and we would have to worry….. who knows.

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Yeah its a tricky one, I’m torn between wanting to keep the version stable and getting it out soon vs putting more in and having a fuller version.

The release cycle for the game seems to be stretching and I was trying to bring it in. Wanting to squeeze things in because of the time between versions, but if we didn’t squeeze then the time between would be shorter and we would have to worry….. who knows.

Honestly bud, I understand. It took WAY too long to get v40 out and I certainly don’t want a repeat of that. I can wait for this, its no big deal. Really, get 40.1 out.

Bobirov
    Participant

@TODO/Done List wrote:

Added: New movement restriction to shields (team1, team2…) for shields that only certain teams can enter
    Added: Square shields

Awesome, thanks for that. 🙂

BOY
    Participant

square shields!! 😯

that must have been an easy one to to code or something 😛

Deathstryker
    Participant

Now I can tell people to stop being so square

Bobirov
    Participant

Square shields are cool! 🙂

One thing I noticed though is that you aren’t allowed to use true with them though. I think it would be great if, instead, that would just use the top pane of the shield, similar to how it works with round shields. That would be PERFECT for the ‘roof’ style shielding I am currently doing on the forts with round half-shields. Just something I was thinking.

I was also just curious how the movement restriction applies with there are no teams. Do you have to supply team0 to disable it for all teams or does team1 apply to everyone when there are no teams? I was thinking that it would probably be best to have team0 mean all teams as that way to could allow everyone to pass through when teams are disabled or vice versa. I haven’t messed with it just yet so I’m not sure, it could already be like that.

Deathstryker
    Participant

So why do we have square shields now?

Is it so team members can hide in them better?

Bobirov
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Combined with the ability to limit movement through them to specific teams, you can use them to block of certain areas of your map to certain teams. I have a room on my map where your team can grab bags that resupply you. I plan on using them to restrict access to that room to your team only unless the shield has been disabled.

Another thing is they fit square buildings a lot better than a round shield ever could. 😉

I am also thinking I could use thin square shields with the movement restriction and place them inside walls to prevent movement through walls MUCH better than we’ve been doing in the past with altering the landscape height. You could also just use them you make neat little walls without having to make a model for them if wanted (although you cannot rotate them?).

I think its a cool little addition. BOY has been clamouring about more customizable shielding for a while now so I am sure he’ll agree its welcome. 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

Combined with the ability to limit movement through them to specific teams, you can use them to block of certain areas of your map to certain teams. I have a room on my map where your team can grab bags that resupply you. I plan on using them to restrict access to that room to your team only unless the shield has been disabled.

Another thing is they fit square buildings a lot better than a round shield ever could. 😉

I am also thinking I could use thin square shields with the movement restriction and place them inside walls to prevent movement through walls MUCH better than we’ve been doing in the past with altering the landscape height. You could also just use them you make neat little walls without having to make a model for them if wanted (although you cannot rotate them?).

I think its a cool little addition. BOY has been clamouring about more customizable shielding for a while now so I am sure he’ll agree its welcome. 🙂

I understood almost none of that (probably because I don’t know anything about modding) but I appreciate your time and effort.

BOY
    Participant

ya, would be sweet to be able to have a frontal shield.

Put those shields on “double front” 😀

*looks around for Shock*

jdog
    Participant

Very thin and long shield wall… Anti-laser shielding in the hills!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.