This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

For every-one wanting to play in the teams tounament please join the following group.

EVERY-ONE!!!!!!!!

I am so confused with all the different teams and we still dont know who all wants to play.

I think this will help.

THIS IS NOT A TEAM BUT JUST PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT!!! So we can get an idea of who wants to play.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/groupcp.php?g=2545

mandy
    Participant

irish are u going to be a teamleader???

are u going to make a ur own team?

anybody??? JOCK??? JINX????

how about u 2???

mandy

Irishbandit
    Participant

I am not starting a team with this thread. Just wanting people to join the group who want to play in the tournament. So we can find out how many are going to play.

So far the list is short:
    Irishbandit
    barnabas
    Hippopotamus
    NoMoreSteve

Hoping to add more!!!!!!!!!! So far we have 1/5 of the tournament.

BOY
    Participant

Irish, the complete list of tournament players should be done on the actual tournament page, along with tournament details. I have not got that t done yet, I needed some idea of popularity and some actual teams submitted yet.

I sent you a PM

Irishbandit
    Participant

Got it thanks. When i get more information i will be willing to make the tournament page.

BOY
    Participant

Several people have suggested doing the tournament after may 29th, Perhaps 1st of June is a good start date. There will be hopefully no more than 4 teams, that is the max that can join the server.

once we get at least 8-10 players per team, I think then we are ready to play, hopefully we’ll get more.

Direwolf is setting up the mod with help from Bobirov.

Gavin will provide the server and stats will be recorded. Someone should PM gavin about his schedule though. I think all he needs to do is reset the server.

g2g

jdog
    Participant

What type of mod are we looking at? I’m already part of boy’s team 😛

Afte version 40 comes out, I would love to see the castle landscape in my mod used, its a 4 team landscape.

This isn’t to be confused with the castle textures for a landsape Gavin has in version 40.

BOY
    Participant

I dont really know yet what the mod looks like, lasermod is what Dire was shooting for I think.

DireWolf
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I dont really know yet what the mod looks like, lasermod is what Dire was shooting for I think.

Now I am really confused, I was hoping to do the laser tourny after the teams tourny. 😯

BOY
    Participant

hmmmm, ok

Apoc mod, small weapons mod, or none?

Irish? What mod are we using, please pick one, its your call if your submitting the tourny 😉

DireWolf
    Participant

@boy wrote:

hmmmm, ok

Apoc mod, small weapons mod, or none?

Irish? What mod are we using, please pick one, its your call if your submitting the tourny 😉

I guess I misunderstood what was to happen, if you want to use the laser mod, thats cool, but as it stands now, you have to buy on the first round, there will be no bots to practice with, which is ok, and the prices might be a little funky, but hey, I’m game, sorry if i didnt understand what was going on, ima bit thick headed sometimes. if that is the case I will throw up a server right now for people to practice on.

DireWolf
    Participant

I put up a server, as it stands now, you have to buy on the first round because there are no base weapons to start with, and I set the starting cash at 60,000 dollars, because if not you will run out of weapons real fast, also because of the terrain you will need fuel if you are located on the map higher than other players, its the best I can do because I am not up to speed on modding or have the time to learn right now.

So, if anyone can set the regular laser as a base weapon to start with, that would really really help, but at least the server is up and playable, “I hope”
    there is a target bot only who will disappear once 2 players have joined, I was informed by BD that I could not add real bots untill V.40 comes out, but at least it is something to shoot at, so I would suggest that team mates join together to practice cuz that poor lil bot aint gonna shoot back at ya!
    😥 I feel so bad for him.

I have just changed the start money to 100,000. cuz if you die you will run out of cash real fast, so untill there is a base weapon, it will need to stay that way so players arent dead in the water with out a chance.
    also, wind speed is set at 5 to make using the sat strike a bit harder to aim with 😈

DireWolf
    Participant

I tried playing, this is a bit wierd to get used to, I noticed others joining and leaving real fast out of confusion, Ideas anyone?
    feel free to try the mod and post your problems here, and maybe we can figure out how best to set things up, just remember, this is not done, it was set up to figure out any problems players might run into.
    good luck

Bobirov
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

So, if anyone can set the regular laser as a base weapon to start with, that would really really help, but at least the server is up and playable, “I hope”

I thought I pm’d you those changes? Infinite lasers and some starting chutes, batts and fuel I thought.

I’ve posted it again here for ya.

I was thinking I could slap together some quick four team oriented style landscapes to add to the mod. Just like four seperated circles/squares for the teams, that kind of thing. This would go along with the random team placement style maps that are already in place.

Would be nice to have a few maps where teams are all placed together you know? But not all the time, to mix things up. Sound good?

DireWolf
    Participant

thanx bob, i believe this is the same file you sent me, but the infininate ammo didnt seems to show up, i still had to buy on round 1, but there is a chance I screwed up, I will load this one just in case, after the players have left the server and let you know what happens.

also, I thank you for wanting to be on the same team, I love ya man!!!!!
    now can i have your Bud light?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.