This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zombie 8 years ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

I’m sorry everyone, being somewhat afk recently.

PR, I think at this point where there are only 4 matches left to play the website doesn’t have the same informational value any longer so you probably can have your domain back already, and we can proceed here with all updates (if there will be any…).

I’ll be less busy starting tomorrow and try to make something about these remaining games by contacting people personally, maybe we manage to complete the event.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

I’m sorry everyone, being somewhat afk recently.

PR, I think at this point where there are only 4 matches left to play the website doesn’t have the same informational value any longer so you probably can have your domain back already…

the website isnt the reason we have peanuts domain name. the uri is linked to through peoples id files for stats.

seriously, people – lets not discuss this stuff on the news thread!

Raden
    Participant

I will be going back to my hometown for the next 10 days for the religious festival holidays, so I will not be able to play in the last remaining tourney match against Outer’s team (if and when it is played within the next 10 days). I hope the other members of the Veggies will succeed in getting a match played and of course…I hope they win 😉 Good luck..

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Ok Outer is busy with studies and has asked me to step in as captain. Veggies when can you play? Give me a time frame and I will try like heck to get a match put together. We really need to quit dragging this out and get it done.

BOY
    Participant

Lets go, right now! I’m here. where is everyone! 😀

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I have now taken my hostname back as clearly this tourney is never going to be complete!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I have now taken my hostname back as clearly this tourney is never going to be complete!

thanks for letting me know, peanut!

im glad you did it, i didnt like to take the servers down.

@http://peanutsrevenge.homelinux.com/ wrote:

If you’re looking for the Scorched3d Tournament page, I’m afraid that site will nolonger be using this address. Please check the Forum thread for any updates from Laptop or XTC as to how/when/where the site will reappear and how the tournament might be finished.

be aware, ID files for tournament stats were linked to peanuts URI and theres no way to continue. the tournament has died a death and ive taken the servers offline. (at last!)

i think we can take something positive from this. hopefully our experiences here will help in organising a more efficient and appropriate system next time.

i will get hold of xtc and see about posting the stats collected. we should be able to establish a winning team from the info we have.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

thanks for letting me know, peanut!

im glad you did it, i didnt like to take the servers down.

You’re welcome :p

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@http://peanutsrevenge.homelinux.com/ wrote:

If you’re looking for the Scorched3d Tournament page, I’m afraid that site will nolonger be using this address. Please check the Forum thread for any updates from Laptop or XTC as to how/when/where the site will reappear and how the tournament might be finished.

be aware, ID files for tournament stats were linked to peanuts URI and theres no way to continue. the tournament has died a death and ive taken the servers offline. (at last!)

i think we can take something positive from this. hopefully our experiences here will help in organising a more efficient and appropriate system next time.

i will get hold of xtc and see about posting the stats collected. we should be able to establish a winning team from the info we have.

I think the lesson is:

Team tourney’s are just not going to work unfortunately.
    Was tried previously and apparently failed, this one got a little further, MAYBE another one taking lessons from both failed attempts will have more luck.

1v1 tourneys always seem to go pretty well tho.

BOY
    Participant

I will be trying to set up a main server, stats based tournament soon. Hopefully that will encourage some play and competition for various stats.

such as, say, a bronze trophy for most assists. Or, say, best shooting accuracy for players with 1000 kills, or a gold for “most deadly”

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Sounds cool Boy maybe we can finish this one 🙂

zombie
    Participant

well if it is not look as obituary to team tournament . as i am still new in the game than u ppl . i will say that it was splendid tourney . as u have to take account that most of ppl r employed /working somewhere. team is made in such way that there was much practical time difference. but still it was great effort by peanut, lappy, xtc, boy and all . i am sure this tourney will be stepping stone for next team tourney. so don’t loose Ur heart. i am very positive about it.

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.