This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zombie 8 years ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Server has now been updated.

HOPEFULLY it will not change from its current state, but we’re open to pricing suggestions.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

As of this time we still require 3 more registrations to enable 7 teams of 5 (hopefully they’ll be filled), so if you know anyone that hasn’t registered yet but wishes to join the tourney, give them the hurry up, registration closes today.

Once registration is closed, we’ll know team sizes, if we don’t have exactly 35 members, 1,2 or 3 teams will be permitted to have less/more members (depending on whether we have more or less members).

Team captains:

When your team is complete, please PM me the members, and team name.
    You may also wish to specify a login password to submit results/sheduled matches.
    Please make it a decent password.

I will then reply to confirm reciept, give login name and password, server password and additional info you may require.

You may give your login details to your team members, however you are responsible for submissions.
    Server password obviously will need giving out to team members.

Please do your best to have this ifo sent to me by 1200hrs server time on Friday.

It would also be useful if members could jump into the official server and back out (without firing a shot) with their ‘known’ name. This will allow the site to be updated with playerIDs for each team prior to the start of the tourney.

Sorry for so much crap, not had a chance yet to find and impliment a better solution (seems that’s how this whole tourney’s gonna be remembered)

1shybastid
    Participant

O.K. Im IN!!!!
    Are’nt we ALL lucky. =D>
    I shall be THERE for my teammates.My oppenents?I shall destroy you with my teammates.For the Game..For the Game

1shybastid
    Participant

Uh Ohhhhhh

OK Who Wants me? 😳

Viking62
    Participant

Hey shy1…..Join us? Myself,Chopper,Irish & Cowbell–Pm me pal;)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Although I have already mentioned it, I’m going to mention it again as something new just occured to me.

Voice communication is highly recommended within your team, it’s quicker than typing, can be done while aiming/planning attacks etc

and

It’s seperate from the game. It would be possible for any of the server admins to keep the logs auto reloading and see what you’re team talk is. Although I am SURE that won’t happen, there’s almost certainly going to be instances where an accusation might hold some weight due to circumstances (especially for me as I won’t even need to login)

So please, for your own sanity and tactical advantage have an external voice communication method.

Thank you.

Further messages are highly likely 😀

1shybastid
    Participant

Thank you for the invite Vike.I accept your offer. :mrgreen:
    If your not on my team? Prepare thy doom…

Viking62
    Participant

~Flaming Herd~ Motto, Song-Jimi Hendrix*Voodoo child*

D/L Link ➡ http://www.seekasong.com/download/jimi_hendrix_voodoo_child-6983525.html

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
    And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Yeah

Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
    Might even raise a little sand

Yeah

Edit-LOL Nut….I’m snipping it into a MP3 ringtone……I will be playin da song whilst I target yur Bumm;)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

~Flaming Herd~ Motto, Song-Jimi Hendrix*Voodoo child*

Yeah

Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
    Might even raise a little sand

Yeah

I like the way you missed out:

I didn’t mean to take up all your sweet time,
    I’ll give it back to you, one of these days.

Cos you lot won’t ya thieving bastages.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

OFFICIAL INFORMATION

Ok, got your attention, gonna remember this??? :p

Registration is closed and the tournament can now begin.

It’s upto teams to organise their own matches, there is an optional booking area here for the captains to reserve server time (an hour and a half should cover it, actual lengths are currently unknown’). Please check there if your organising a match to ensure the server hasn’t been booked.
    If your team hasn’t booked a slot, it’s first come, first serve for the two teams with the members that will play (JUST incase the unlikely sinario occurs).

I am still waiting on most of the teams info (
    Team captains please PM their team members, team name and a password for logging into tournament site (I will assign a password if you don’t request one).
    )
    when it’s recieved from the captains, I’ll reply with game server password and additional info.

If any team members are still without a team that’s been PM’d to me by 2200(server time) this evening, I will put those members into teams and let them sort captain and team name.

The practice server will remain open for the duration of the tournament (but feel free to start your own for practice if it’s being used or I can start another if requested).

Further info can be found here, sorry it’s so long, but hopefully you understand.

Good luck to all.

P.S registration for the MCB singles tournament will open soon.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Apologies for this VERY late change.

Games will only be 5 rounds now.
    WIth 10 rounds, looks like games coulda last 2 hours, with MIN of 1 hour 30.

Captains will be PM’d this change too.

xtc
    Participant

Few moments:

I have not been kicked enough to figure completely how it works, so could you please provide us with a guide “How to do things not to get kicked”.

This is important for the spectators. Also is it gonna be protected somehow from spectator interfering the game by mistake?

I think we need to reserve the spectating seats for the matches. Some matches might attract more people than server can handle.

Also, do players get a profit from selling the seats? I believe that in particular the match of my team vs veggies gonna be a major highlight so we can make a fortune on tickets.

Yes, can we have a totalizator also?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

Few moments:

I have not been kicked enough to figure completely how it works, so could you please provide us with a guide “How to do things not to get kicked”.

This is important for the spectators. Also is it gonna be protected somehow from spectator interfering the game by mistake?

I think we need to reserve the spectating seats for the matches. Some matches might attract more people then server can handle.

Also, do players get a profit from selling the seats? I believe that in particular the match of my team vs veggies gonna be a major highlight so we can make a fortune on tickets.

Yes, can we have a totalizator also?

First the easy stuff:

Spectator spots are auto reserved for team members of the teams that are playing (the two spare members that sitting out that match of each team).

Should the server fill before all the ‘players’ are in, some of the spectators will have to be asked to leave.
    The server is set to the maximum number of connections, although I don’t know if my connection will be able to handle 24 connections, but we’ll find out.

Yes, you can sell tickets for matches, although You’ll have to buy them from me, I can offer a wholesale price of £100 per ticket when bought in a bundle of 10 (my server, my prices :p)

For the hard bit:

Whenever the tank selection screen is shown, a tank MUST be selected.
    First choose a catagory, then a tank.
    I recommend quickly grabbing any tank incase the screen disappears, leaving no tank selected and a crash a certainty.
    Then select the tank you’d like to use and join the game.

If you’re spectating, you CAN just pess cancel without selecting a tank, but should you then press ‘R’ or do anything that would bring up the tank screen, you’ll crash. Hence it’s always best to select a tank when the screen’s there.

Essentially:

Always select a tank and do so as quickly as possible.
    Try to avoid doing so near the end of a round as the screen will go leaving u to crash.

When joining the server to PLAY, it’s a good idea to first spectate, wait for all the players to join, decide on which team will be which coloUr and then all join together.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Please note that there’s a bug in the luateams mod code that we’re (well, laptop) currently working on.

If you’re right on the bottom of the map (can’t drop any further) and activate the team sheild, it’ll mess up.

Until this has been resolved, please ensure you don’t your shield by using it on the hard deck.

Apologies for this and it’ll be fixed asap. A new post will be made to update you all when it’s repaired.
    Thankyou for your continuing patience with ‘LAPTOPs’ crappy ass code 😀

1shybastid
    Participant

Me,Vike,Noob and Loki don’t “need” the fricking Shield.
    Just beware Pnut Brit Doode.You and your Team should take off your skirts and get ready for battle.(Picturering Pnut in Panties EWWWWWW) [-X
    You have been warned.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.