This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zombie 8 years ago.

• Author

BoomBoom
    Participant

I still don’t know how it will work (i mean to manage everybody of team at sema time….) this will be my first tournament.
    I’d like to have a team server always active, i remember I had a lot of fun some years ago playing in team.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@boomboom wrote:

I still don’t know how it will work (i mean to manage everybody of team at sema time….) this will be my first tournament.
    I’d like to have a team server always active, i remember I had a lot of fun some years ago playing in team.

As I said previously, there does seem to be a bug in scorched for teams atm, that might be why it’s been withdrawn atm, or maybe it’s because it was very rarely played.
    Teams don’t mean much when you’re just put into a team rather than picking your team mates..

It will be upto the teams to ensure they have players that will be able to play at different times for different time zones, but will also be upto the teams to have some flexability with eachother to arrange times.

That’s why I’m starting the tourney on a friday and finishing the ‘arrange your own match times’ on a sunday to allow for two weekends when people will be able to play at unsociable hours more.
    However, it still an issue with tournaments in international games, we had it in the previous tourney. The xmas one was alot easier, but much less tournament like and I image the ones before had similar issues.

The MCB tourney I’m hoping to split people into continental groups to avoid the issue as much as possible.

As most of the site is now done, you can look here for most of the rules and how I’m gonna manage matches that don’t get arranged by the teams.

Please bare in mind however, that the site is still not complete and the rules are preliminary

zombie
    Participant

VERY GOOD WORK PEANUT kindly keep it up. my humble suggestion is to include very new player in the game at least in earlier round so they can get first look or first hand experience . thanks

Hyde911
    Participant

I think tha hogs shouldnt be allowed or be very expensive. You know that it can spoil the game.

BobaFett
    Participant

🙂 hey peanut!…herd of tis tournament, but i’ll be out heading for Europe then so ill be unable to join. Hope u have fun 😀

BobaFett
    Participant

lol. I leave for Europe the 16… i have joined the tournament for a fun time 🙂 .Hope tis is fun.

skywalker
    Participant

And dirt should be disabled also i think.

Hyde911
    Participant

@skywalker wrote:

Don’t worry Shell. I’ve seen mod, there wont any problems with dirt or hogs.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@skywalker wrote:

Don’t worry Shell. I’ve seen mod, there wont any problems with dirt or hogs.

I hope you’re incorrect there Hyde.

Dirt will hopefully be legit and accepted in the tournament.

We’re trying to get everything balanced allowing different members of a team to play a different role, combine those roles and generally mix things up.

Taking dirt as an example, the aim is that it will simply be a choice, it resricts that players ability to do alot of other things, likewise those that choose a different tactic, they will lose the chance to do others…

Hyde only really tried the mod with server set to ‘give all weapons’ therefore price was never an issue which is a major area where we’re trying to help balance everything to open different options.

We’re hoping to have an un-passworded server open and running the mod this weekend, please keep an eye out on the server list to one of the first to try it.

The basic idea will remain throughout until the tournament starts, however details may alter prior to the tournament depending on feedback recieved and further testing.

Hyde911
    Participant

I meant that dirt or hogs wont affect the game as much as in normal mod.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

Well why didn’t you say so before…..
    uh, well, you’re just jelous that my fish is better than your fish :p

Hyde911
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@hyde911 wrote:

Well why didn’t you say so before…..

I just like reading your screeds.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@hyde911 wrote:

uh, well, you’re just jelous that my fish is better than your fish :p

Damn, where did u get it?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

The LuaTeams Mod is now available to play.

Server is called ‘Team Tourney Practice Server’.

Some of the details may yet change before the tournament starts (prices mostly, but tweaks to the weapons may also occur).

IMPORTANT NOTE:

When joining the server please ensure you select a tank catagory (and then tank)!
    This should be done everytime you see the tank selection screen or the game will crash (this appears to be a scorched error rather than mod so we can’t do anything about it atm)! ! ! !

Additional luamod info:
    To use the ‘Team Strike’ you must be in your opponents half of the map and within your team coloured circle.
    The whole tank must be within the circle to allow the weapon to fire.

It is best to practice there with AT LEAST 2 players per side to get a handle on the tactical side that has now opened up.

Stats are being collected but they will be cleared for the tournament.

Good luck and good practicing for the tournament.

Chopper
    Participant

woohoo

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Apologies for another mod change but we were still finishing off testing apon release.

The mod will be updated in under 24 hours, changes are (Server name will change to ‘Team Practice Server v2’ when the update is implimented):

Team Shield will not protect from the Team Strike (you may still be harmed if you’re not directly under a shield)

Tele Position is now 45,000 rather than 25,000 (already changed)

Dirt has also increased slightly in price along with hogs.(already changed)

Rollers have now reduced slightly in price.(already changed)

Shot timer increased to 45 seconds (already changed)

Similar price tweaks are likely to continue for the next few days as we try to get a good balance.

These changes are occuring in a large measure to the feedback we’ve been recieving. If you’d like to see a few things changing or have good suggestions of little tweaks, please let us know, but note the final version does need to be complete in a few days.

We hope this isn’t going to disrupt your leading abilities too much, but if it does, well, tough, it’s messing us up too :p

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 101 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.