This topic contains 99 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zombie 8 years ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “Team Tournament 2009” starts on the 30 Jun 05.
    Click here to view

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Thnx Gavin..

Time to sign up peeps… we need as many people signing up as possible. The target is 40 players ideally, so we need to let the non forum users know it’s here and that they need to get signing up..

External site dedicated to the tournament will go live by the end of next week which will have a full rules page along with an example of how the scoring works (it’s a little tricky to get head around initially).

Mod should be released around the middle to end of next week.

Please see here for additional information that has been discussed.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

been spreading the news but the post says June 30th start date most ppl are asking when it starts any revised date yet?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

17th July it’ll be starting. Registration closes on the 15th.

Alex Machone
    Participant

It is possible watch the mach only as a spectator?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Absolutely, this is a community game, if for some reason you don’t feel like competing within the tournament everyone (that will fit in the server) is welcome to watch.

The password will be published nearer the time, however, we would request that noone actually plays in the official server unless they are to participate in a scheduled tournament match as it could mess up the stats and scoring.

There will however be a sister server running without a password for everyone to play on and practice.

Alex Machone
    Participant

To PeanutsRevenge
    Thank you for your reply. =D> To become a spectator, I have register somewhere, or chose special options before I connect the match as a spectator?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@alex Machone wrote:

To PeanutsRevenge
    Thank you for your reply. =D> To become a spectator, I have register somewhere, or chose special options before I connect the match as a spectator?

Nah, will just be a case of joining the server and pressing escape, however there appears to a glitch for team games.
    It won’t show any tanks when joining, you have to select a catagory first to show the tanks THEN you can click cancel to spectate. It’s the same if anyone wishes to join the game after spectating, you HAVE to select a tank apon joining the server.

Alex Machone
    Participant

PeanutsRevenge
    Thank you very much! I understand.

JiNx
    Participant

were do we register please peanut i need to put my name down 🙂

tnick337
    Participant

ok great job peanut where do we sign up at.

cheers tnick

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “Team Tournament 2009” starts on the 30 Jun 05.
    Click here to view

there…

The same place you signed up for the previous tournament you old codger(s) :p

I’ll change my sig to include it..
    I did make a banner to go in sig that’d be clickable but BB3 doesn’t seem to like it 🙁

bazzz
    Participant

From last tournament i remember accidental log-ons happened regularly (i made that mistake once), would it be an option to disable log on for other people than the competing players?

Havent figured out if i will be playing (i`m probably to rusty after this long), and there was quite a bit of frustration with the arranging of matches, i hope you got a workable system to make things run smoothly.

Hope to be there if i can, good luck to all.

Rommel
    Participant

Spectator Mode – It should be possible to modify the game to allow an almost unlimited number of spectators without allowing them to interfer with the game play. (Not this version, or the next most likely … but sometime.)

Clients in the proposed spectator mode could be fed the data stream required to replicate the action without allowing interaction with the players. Specators in this mode would not be able to join or chat, only watch. Setting the maxium number of players allowed to the number of contestants expected, would then eliminate anyone joining by accident.

The data stream could be saved and sent after a match if absolute privacy was desired.

Perhaps a repository of outstanding battles would be nice.

An interface that allowed instant replays (last shot) for real time viewing and fast forward, rewind and instant replays, for saved games, might be something worth considering.

Viking62
    Participant

Thanks Nut-Looks like we are gaining players for the upcoming Tourney-Time to get some practice in–My Viking aiming joints are rusty…LOL
    Hlo Jinxy…nice to see you will be playing M8:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.