This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sondra 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the team server is virually unused these days – I really miss playing teams.

I’m not sure if there’s a huge reason behind having the two server’s stats separate or not, but I’d like to see common stats for both servers, that way we could play some team games and have those games’ kills etc applied to the “general stats”. I like the idea of separate stats, in theory, but it results in people not playing there, I think.

cbx

Willis
    Participant

I gotta disagree CB.

Keeping stats seperate are virtually a must, because not only do some players only or never play on a given server (has everyone who played FFA server played Team? No.) – But the environment of gaming is quite different. FFA is kill or be killed, its a world where there are no rules on who you can and cannot kill. Team server you do have these rules, Kill certain people but not others, and if your good enough work as a team to take people down quicker. (One Digger + One Roller = 1 Fast Boom)

Sure a person could pool stat’s but how does that illustrate a person’s gameing? The only thing I could forsee lagitimatly being pooled is the Time Played. Time is the only thing in common. Either you spend an hour on server A or server B. But if you spent an hour on FFA maybe you would have gotten 10 more kills then you did on server B. Or by using Server B you got 3 more rounds in then server A. Or got a round win where you would not have if you played server A.

Also could use Aliases and/or # Connects – maybe some others – but Time I’d consider the largest connection people would desire to make.

In regards to the useage of the teams server .. pooling stats would make little difference. It’s no different then why people only play certain games or on games they only play certain maps. Or why some people only play Apoc or Official…

Its their decision, people merely choose to play FFA over Team. Is it partially effected by the fact nobody else is doing it? Unfortunatly yes. But it is, how it is. Today FFA was packed, and I noticed Redi sitting in the teams server by himself. So I decided hey a 1on1 with Redi this will be fun – we got only 2 rounds into it, and a 3rd person joined, then 4th, then 5th.. We pretty much leveled out at 5 people becuase I wager the FFA server was clearing up (dosnt know.. got disconnected).

But my point is thats all it ever takes in any game – get a few people to start playing, people who wish to play too notice and decide to join in. Heck in Call of Duty Friday, I joined a server it was only me and 1 other person – I watch the particular server frequent and it was dead for a while before him – but within 10 minutes it became a full 14 on 14 server.

guy parker
    Participant

I played on the team servers for the first time today, and found it enjoyable, but it’s totally different than the main server free-for-all game and I think the stats should stay seperate. I look foward to playing teams with some more people, but i wish people would communicate more. some were easy to play with, and others it was like i said who i’m going for, and i kill them, and then they waste a baby nuke on that area when they could have been shooting someone else, and i’m like thinking “wtf, when i say i got someone, i got them!”, lol. one time someone on my team also shot a ton of dirt blocking my kill shot without warning. aside from those minor frustrations it is nice to play teams with good players or at least those who communicate well.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I think that a team server exists becuase eventually clans will be formed and statistics will be compliled to reflect that.

When a foundation is laid, clans may be able to challenge each other and a “schedule” to do battle may be presented to lock in the game time.

To include (2) passwords: 1 for clan A, another for clan B and anyone joining in beyond that point would be considered a spectator.

Are you ready to rumble? Find some of your favorite players and form a clan…

Maybe Gavin, could set forth guidelines for (league) “clan play”.

Apollo

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’m surprised we all haven’t arranged a massive team play game yet. It’d be easy to arrange since the server is always empty.

Ebonite
    Participant

Aww, man. I hate this. I always get picked last, if I even get picked at all… 🙁

Deathstryker
    Participant

Hey man, compare your rank to mine. Who do you think is gonna get picked last, lol?

Willis
    Participant

Clans? I dread that day…

guy parker
    Participant

is it even possible to pick which team you join? i thought they were assigned by the server…. but I’m new to it, so please tell me how if it’s possible.

cbx550f
    Participant

I STILL want the stats to be common. 😉

Although – I think this thread may have stirred some more interest in the team server, which is really the most important thing! I LOVE TEAM GAMES! 😀

cbx

Sondra
    Participant

Really?? Even when we change names??

comedown
    Participant

you shouldn’t be allowed to change your name any more sondra.

you only use it for evil.

Sondra
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

you shouldn’t be allowed to change your name any more sondra.

you only use it for evil.

Me evil? 😯 But but….I’m a good girl I allways was 😳 😳 😳

BOY
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Although – I think this thread may have stirred some more interest in the team server, which is really the most important thing! I LOVE TEAM GAMES! 😀

cbx

if we allow two stats to be common, then who’s to say we can’t make a stat common with a burrito, or make three stats common? After that what would stop us from making anything we love common. The community would break down into chaos. – herein lies the problem with progressives.

cbx550f
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

cbx

if we allow two stats to be common, then who’s to say we can’t make a stat common with a burrito, or make three stats common? After that what would stop us from making anything we love common. The community would break down into chaos. – herein lies the problem with progressives.

Well, IIRC that’s the way it was in v37 (Wasn’t it?)
    I, personally, don’t share your irrational fear of chaos. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.