This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

it’s like those old comic pages.. 2 pics, tell me what the difference is.

left-side wedge, spans ~40 degrees

right-side wedge, spans ~50 degrees

This error has been in for several versions.. since before v39 that i know
    of. It’s been mentioned a few times, but i don’t think officially looked into.

Deathbal
    Participant

The left one looks like it’s higher up? Kind of hovering? I really have no idea. Old sight, new sight?

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

The left one looks like it’s higher up? Kind of hovering? I really have no idea. Old sight, new sight?

the radius of the wedge is not the same from both sides, lift it up
    someday and look closely back and forth on both sides.

Rommel
    Participant

If you are interested in checking the operation versus the appearence, a totally flat test map without any wind would allow you to see if the shot angle (distance) changes with the sight wedge as you rotate around. @thrax wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

the radius of the wedge is not the same from both sides, lift it up
    someday and look closely back and forth on both sides.

Granted, if the angle changes, it doesn’t show on the aiming readout.

A single round using the maximum shots (50) should be all you would need to get an accurate assesment and screen print. Starting at zero (or some arbitrary rotation) fire a shot at the same power and angle every 10 degrees. That will use 35 shots. Skipping out on the last 15 will give you time to evaluate your results.

If the sight wedge is changing without changing the shot angle you should have a shot pattern that is circular, if it’s ovoid … Ooops.

Good luck and good night,

Rommel

Thrax
    Participant

you guys are reading way too much into this. it’s only as visual bug.
    The pink slice of pie shaped thingie in front of your tank… not shooting
    anything.. the top line of the wedge stays fine.. the bottom is not the
    same from both sides.

sheesh.. i had an easier time explaining to my 4yo why the sky is blue..

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

light scattering through nitrogen molecules. (its on the fish fingers advert : )

so it is. its like theres a face missing on the left side of the aiming model thing.

Rommel
    Participant

I understood with crystal clarity what you discovered, the appearence issue.@thrax wrote:

you guys are reading way too much into this. it’s only as visual bug.
    The pink slice of pie shaped thingie in front of your tank… not shooting
    anything.. the top line of the wedge stays fine.. the bottom is not the
    same from both sides.

sheesh.. i had an easier time explaining to my 4yo why the sky is blue..

I was only offering you a fast and effective means to discover if this just discovered graphics flaw, might have some other, undiscovered properties. I’m sorry that my suggestion disturbed you.

However, since you are obviously convinced it’s a graphics only problem, it seems safe to assume you’ve already performed the test I suggested.

Good job,

Rommel

P.S.
    Daddy, why is the the sky is the sky so blue? To match your pretty eyes? Not even close!

That was one of my favorite commercials. Thanks for the memories.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.