This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Well I’ve been letting Apoc idle the last few weeks and I’ve been mucking around with a few new ideas making use of the new tanktypes funcitonality as well as some of the other concepts that I haven’t been able to work into Apoc. I am focusing on co-operative/team play as much as possible and, while doing so, I have come up with a few small ideas that I think would enhance Scorched’s functionality in that department. Here’s what I’ve got so far:

WeaponGiveShieldPower primitive that replineshes a specified amount of shield energy

Okay, so this one isn’t related to tanktypes per se, but I did run into wanting this while I was playing with them. 🙂

Ability to enable teamplay for only 1 team

What I am thinking of is a co-operative mode here, where the landscapes are geared towards a single team accomplishing a goal or series of goals. I can do this without using teams currently and penalizing kills via the deathevent, but it would be GREAT if we could just enable 1 team for the server. That would set up the scenario I am looking for perfectly.

I was thinking that setting the number of teams to 1 would have this functionality. To disable teams (FFA style) you would set the number of teams to 0 instead of 1.

Ability for server to configure negative score points for kills, teamkills

This ties in with the previous idea, it wouldn’t be entirely necessary as long as I can enable teamplay for a single team. But, it would be nice to be able to configure a point loss for suicides, teamkills and even kills if desired. You might be able to do it for kills already, I haven’t tryed, but there is no setting for selfkills/teamkills that I am aware of?

Ability to give a set amount of an accessory to players per round in the tanktypes.xml file

I was mainly thinking about this so I could give a certain amount of fuel to everyone each round, but I could apply this in other areas as well if it was possible.

Call it or something. If you set it to a value of 1 or higher, the player receives that amount of that accessory per round. If you set it to a value of 0-1, the player receives one of that accessory every 1/accessoryperround rounds. So if you set it to 0.5, the player will receive one of that accessory every 2 rounds.

Ability to limit the maximum number of a tanktype that can play on a team at a single time in tanktypes.xml

I am thinking of a team mod where all tank types are unique, and in this case it would be nice if I could keep the entire server from using the same type of tank. Its not entirely necessary, but again it would be a nice touch for teamplay/co-op based mods.

I was thinking it would be defined by a ratio. That way it could scale with the maximum number of players? The maximum would take effect once currentplayersonteam*typeratio is equal to 1. So, if a tanktype was set to a max of 0.5, then once two players (2×0.5=1) or more are on the team, the max would kick in and a only half the team or less could use this tank type at once. Similarly If the tanks max ratio is set to 0.25, once 4 (4×0.25=1) people or more are on the team, only a quarter of the team could be that tank type. As long as the current number of players on a teams is below currentplayers*typeratio, there is a maximum of one of that tank type allowed.

Ability to set maximum number of an accessory for each tanktype in tanktypes.xml

This one I would really like to see personally. Right now we can set the maximumnumber of a weapon for everyone in the accessory’s definition in the accessories.xml file. I am thinking that the accessory’s maximum number specified there would now just be the default value. Anything that is specified in the tanktypes.xml file would then override that default value.

That would really be very helpful for further diversifying each tank type. That way you could have a tank that can carry a max of 3 grenades, another tank has a max of 5 grenades, that kind of thing.

Just some ideas I had while playing around with things this weekend. Nothing there that is absolutely critical or ground breaking or anything. Just some small enhancements that I thought would add some more polish, mainly to the new tank types functionality.

cbx550f
    Participant

All good ideas.

Would a possible workaround for this be to make two teams, but have on of them contain only a target tank, with tons of life? Could also be hidden in a building or something.

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Would a possible workaround for this be to make two teams, but have on of them contain only a target tank, with tons of life? Could also be hidden in a building or something.

Not an entirely bad idea you have there. But I still say teamplay with only one team would be perfect for a co-op mode. 😛

In the meantime I think I will do just what you suggest though. 😀

Irishbandit
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

Not an entirely bad idea you have there. But I still say teamplay with only one team would be perfect for a co-op mode. 😛

In the meantime I think I will do just what you suggest though. 😀

Only problem is that team will win as well. Wont it?

jdog
    Participant

While I did read all that you posted Bob, I would like to see. The ability to have team play for one map or maps. and The ability to have it so you can blow up your own team object and have some negitive reaction. (minus points and so forth)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

The ability to have it so you can blow up your own team object and have some negitive reaction. (minus points and so forth)

In 40.1 you get -kills and -score for TK and selfkills this was missing from v40 I belive 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.