This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  A Moogle 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

I’ve placed the creatures as tanks in my creature cave map, but they don’t seem to show up! They may be there, but if so, they aren’t doing anything! There are no errors, though…

And UGH!! The code won’t show up correctly here! I’ll post the file itself.

jdog
    Participant

Candy Castle
    data/accessories/candy/castle.txt
    data/accessories/candy/castle.txt
    CastleShield
    Parachute
    true
    castleexplode

Castle Guard
    Bradley
    Shark
    Hvy Frc Shield
    Parachute
    true
    tankexplod

Castle Guard
    Bradley
    Shark
    Hvy Frc Shield
    Parachute
    true
    tankexplod

heres the placement for my candyland map. 2 tanks and 1 target

cbx550f
    Participant

Moog, I had trouble with one or two of my models when placing them – I couldn’t see them easier. I had to scale the model up quite alot so it would be visible.

A Moogle
    Participant

@jdog: Huh, I’m trying to use the same placement type (not object type!) as my other creatures. Do the tank objects have to be placed at coordinates? Can’t I just use the placement type=’mask’?

@cbx: They’re not doing anything, though. They won’t even fire or raise the shield that I give them. And my other creatures that use the same model show up just fine, so I dunno about the scale.

jdog
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

@jdog: Huh, I’m trying to use the same placement type (not object type!) as my other creatures. Do the tank objects have to be placed at coordinates? Can’t I just use the placement type=’mask’?

I gues you could use a random placement

Here could be the problem

Your tank model
    data/tanks/creature/creature.txt

My tank model
    Bradley

You have to use the name of the tank as it appears in the tanks.xml file.

Also if your going to make tanks appear on the map using a placement you don’t want a whole lot of them as it will kill the game, because each one will fire each turn.

A Moogle
    Participant

Well, I tried that, and it still didn’t work. Is there anything else that you can see in the file?

jdog
    Participant

what happens if you comment out all this

data/landscapes/masks/creatures.bmp

A Moogle
    Participant

Failed to find “numobjects” node.
    Failed to find “minheight” node.
    Failed to find “maxheight” node.
    Failed to find “mask” node.
    Failed to find “mincloseness” node.
    Failed to find “minslope” node.
    Failed to find “xsnap” node.
    Failed to find “ysnap” node.

Each one appears after un-commenting the last one.

I guess they’re all needed…

jdog
    Participant

Try doing it like my tank to see if the tank will show up.
    Make it a direct placement, if it does show up then there may be something wrong with the ability to have tanks/objects randomly spawn on the map. Make sure you play a couple turns with only a few players to see if something is firing on the maps you can’t see (tank too small?).

IF it doesn’t work then there is something wrong with your model as a tank.

cbx550f
    Participant

I just gave your file a quick try, Moog – I changed the removeaction etc to match things I have, and changed the tank to tux/tux.txt…

I had to set the model line to:
    “../tanks/tux/tux.txt” to get the game to run… this is where it gets really odd though: It was using random tanks.

A Moogle
    Participant

Well, the creature that I’m trying to spawn is already used as a player tank, so I know that the tank stuff is fine.

And! @CB: I used the same model line as you showed(substituting creatures), and got the same results, where it places a random tank. Now if I can just figure out why it uses random tanks instead of creatures. Maybe if I try removing one of the dots in the beginning of the model line…

edit: nope, that didn’t work, still random…

cbx550f
    Participant

I just tried changing the model name to “Tux”, and I get Tux. 🙂 (as J suggested up there ;))

A Moogle
    Participant

Huh, that’s strange, that didn’t work for me the first time. I’ll try again…

Edit: It works now 😕 I did nothing different (that I know of) from the first time… Oh well. Now I have another problem, they won’t fire.

jdog
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

Huh, that’s strange, that didn’t work for me the first time. I’ll try again…

Edit: It works now 😕 I did nothing different (that I know of) from the first time… Oh well. Now I have another problem, they won’t fire.

What weapons set is in the AI type your using?

A Moogle
    Participant

It’s the Chooser, which I already tested as a bot.

I’m going to try giving it a dedicated AI, that’ll only be used for the Creatures.

Edit: That didn’t work…
    Edit: The (new) weaponset:

Tiny Flare20explosionsmall

Edit (yes, AGAIN): The official MoogleMod server will have only target-type creatures until I can resolve this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.