This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Several months ago there was a problem with the tank placements. The code was repaired with amazing speed, and my ideas weren’t submitted. Last night, during a game, the luck of the placements was mentioned and I tossed out one the server side options I had hoped to propose. Some of the players thought it might be a good idea and I told them I’d post it.

For your consideration at some other time:

A server side option that places the tanks based on score. This option is intended to promote the game by helping low scoring players to get kills. The lower the score, the lower the placement. The higher the score, the higher the placement.

Maximum height would still be limited by the maxheight tag.

Maps could be configured to utilize this option to place the leader on the top of a peak by setting a high maxheight or by resticting the max height, the elevation differences could be kept close. Both options appear to show promise of increasing the likelyhood that players with a low score will achiecve a kill while lowering the likelyhood that the leaders will be able to make an effective first try sniper shot at them.

Considering how nicely the placement code is working, I’m sure this is more difficult to code than it would be worth to the usual players. However, in the event that placements are revisited in an effort to encourage new players, and suggestions are being considered, you’ll have this note in the suggestion box.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Its a nice idea, but purely basing the leader on score is narrow minded, as usual from yourself.

I have often been the leader of a game, where up until the 9th round, I never had the highest score.
    I was the leader because I read the situation and spent the least amount of money I could to remain within a since round of the leader. Thanks to narrow minded people like yourself that have no grasp of tactics, I am usually able to spend next to nothing for SOOO many rounds, because you target the person with the highest score, who often is stupid enough to spend money to stay at the top.

How the hell to propose the calculation is done to take into account a newb that has been left alone and gained 3 wins with 0 kills and $1000 and a top player like Naka who has 6 kills, 0 wins and $70,000?

At this time, only a human being with experience can make that kind of a decision correctly and NO computer, in real time at least.

Quit with this fixation on KTL, the leader is rarely the player with the most points, at least not before round 6!

However, I do like the idea you have, it is just impossible to corrently impliment at this time, will just promote players like myself who wait patiently for the right time to take control and leader everyone to the end of the game!

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Peanut’s Revenge:

It’s always a surprise to find a post from you. Opening them, is much like unwrapping presents at Christmas. It’s hard to believe that next Christmas is closer than last Christmas but time does fly by when you’re Scorching.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Its a nice idea, but purely basing the leader on score is narrow minded, as usual from yourself.

I have often been the leader of a game, where up until the 9th round, I never had the highest score.
    I was the leader because I read the situation and spent the least amount of money I could to remain within a since round of the leader. Thanks to narrow minded people like yourself that have no grasp of tactics, I am usually able to spend next to nothing for SOOO many rounds, because you target the person with the highest score, who often is stupid enough to spend money to stay at the top.

How the hell to propose the calculation is done to take into account a newb that has been left alone and gained 3 wins with 0 kills and $1000 and a top player like Naka who has 6 kills, 0 wins and $70,000?

At this time, only a human being with experience can make that kind of a decision correctly and NO computer, in real time at least.

Quit with this fixation on KTL, the leader is rarely the player with the most points, at least not before round 6!

However, I do like the idea you have, it is just impossible to corrently impliment at this time, will just promote players like myself who wait patiently for the right time to take control and leader everyone to the end of the game!

Instead of sitting inside, and wasting your time posting on a thread that wasn’t intended for discussion, go outside, get some sun, mow some yards and enjoy the summer. You can get a good tan mowing yards (the girls like that) and make decent money too (the girls like that better).

It appears that you didn’t read my post carefully or stopped reading when you lost your temper and posted your reply. Regardless of why you felt the need to insult me, if you have something to donate, please be courteous. I will of course, as always, return the favor.

Thank you,

Rommel

Verbum sapienti satis est

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.