This topic contains 53 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

about adding my tanks

the ones posted in my post or on Direwolfs site work fine

however, the others are way old and worked fine in v37.2
    I never had the chance to go threw and retexture or fix the
    old tanks so I had gavin delete the entire tanks post when v38 was released to prevent people from having errors.

then step by step i aded new tanks but never really got arround
    to adding all those way old tanks.

so if any1 wants to take the time to repair them feel free
    but please dont scream at me because some may not work

as i said i yanked them about a year ago

god knows how you got your hands on the old ones :

but i have a feeling it would just be better to let the old
    broken ones go and only place the new ones in so
    there are no problems such as boy is having.

cheers

Panther30
    Participant

thanks bobirov. Ill have a look at it again.

shockwave, I understand.

Panther30
    Participant

Cobra H.I.S.S. has been fixed again…..

Wowbagger
    Participant

Just dl’ed tankpack and installed tanks, I must say what a nice Compilation of tanks …Kudo’s to all the modelers and to Panther for putting it all together.

BTW I also dl’ed milkshape and messed around with it for a bit and made a really cool box. LOL 😀 You guys have skills to be able to figure all that stuff out.

SPYRER
    Participant

After installing your pack and following your instructions to the letter I found out on the official servers not all models are shown and the official server is yellow on the the global browser 🙁

Is this issue known ?

If it is sorry for addressing it again but Mandy got used to being Ms PacMan and I the Tripod on the offical servers

Wowbagger
    Participant

Spyrer Wrote:

After installing your pack and following your instructions to the letter I found out on the official servers not all models are shown and the official server is yellow on the the global browser

Try going to “change game settings” options before you start scorched, then “Troubleshooting/detail” tab and make sure your tank detail is set to max.
    If its on low or medium all tank models woulnt be shown. 🙂

At least thats what i have to do.

If that doesnt work make sure you copied the tanks xml file into the scorched3d/data folder. theres also a scorched 3d folder that has a tanks.xml file, but it has to be copied to the scorched3d/data folder.

Hope this helps and good luck

p.s. make sure you back up original tanks xml file just in case. 😯

Panther30
    Participant

the cobra hiss model made by shockwave is still reporting errors on some systems. I have removed it.

Panther30
    Participant

Creepy Suzie, Jack Skellington, and Stitch have all been added.

fusion823
    Participant

hey i tried to run the game with all the files in it then the game stops and says this.

Mesh file “data/tanks/Pumpkin Chunker/Pumpkin Chunker.txt” does not exist

But the file is sitting right there???? ❓

Failed to load mesh for tank Pumpkin Chunker

Failed to load all tank models

Failed to initialize

Did I do some thing wrong, sorry Panther but I couldn’t understand you directions on the file very well.
    THX
    fusion823

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Are you running Linux? If so, you’ll need to fix the tanks.xml file – it doesn’t take into account the case-sensitive file names.

cbx550f
    Participant

Just a note – there is now a file release for a tankpack on http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d-mods

cbx

Irishbandit
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Just a note – there is now a file release for a tankpack on http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d-mods

cbx

That tank pack needs one of the folders reanmed the folder
    “datatanksclassics” needs to be “datatanksclassic” no s on the end if you download and use rename that folder to classic or game will crash.

doom
    Participant

FINLAND!

cbx550f
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

cbx

That tank pack needs one of the folders reanmed the folder
    “datatanksclassics” needs to be “datatanksclassic” no s on the end if you download and use rename that folder to classic or game will crash.

Whoa – how did that happen? 😳

Thanks, will fix.

cbx550f
    Participant

There seems to be a problem with sf.net’s ftp uploading at the moment, so I’ll have to try uploading the new release later. The cvs has been updated.

Again, thanks for pointing that out, Irish!

cbx

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.