That should help quite a bit. I took a quick gander at them (funny how files like that become somewhat readable after you spend some time with them;) – I’ll paly around with this in the morning, right now I have some random acts of madness to perform. 😉
It all works okay – except it has invisible faces. At first I thought it was a problem with the normals – but I have pretty well convinced myself that the normals are correct. Something tells my my uv coords are all messed up (I’ve never really had to do much with UV coords – so my knowledge here is a bit slim)
Thanks Gavin, I have a feeling you hit the nail on the head. When I first got the script outputing the vertices in the correct format, I noticed that the order was different, but dismissed it as unimportant.
i dont understand the post about blender being hard to use. it might be hard for a noob to pick up and run with if he’s never worked on 3d projects, but it’d be easy for anybody that understand the 3d modeling/texturing/lighting process. i dont think its any harder for noobs to pick up blender than it is to pick up any of these other 3d software packages…