This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ruinzV2.0 13 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi All,

First, let me just say that this game is awesome!! I used to play Scorched Earth a lot and then when I found this 3D version I was excited! It took a bit to get used to the camera control, but I’m feeling more comfortable with that now and it’s a great game!!! THANKS for putting this together!!

Okay, so this happened in my most recent game so I took screenshots and thought I would post about it. I looked through the FAQ and the TODO list and didn’t see anything about it, I also checked the first couple of pages in General Discussion, but didn’t see anyone else seeing this…

Basically, at spawn of a round (round 10 I think, the final round) one of the tanks was already buried. I could not see it on the surface, though I can find the arrows and get the tooltip about the tank. If I pressed the L-ALT and angled the camera to look into the hill it was on, I did see the tank under the dirt. After the surrounding area was hit with a missle the tank was exposed.

In case it makes a difference:
    1.9GHz Intel Mobile processor
    Nvidia GeForce4 440Go w/64MB
    Playing in a 800×600 window with my desktop at 1600×1200 on Windows XP Pro

If someone wants to see the screenshots, let me know. The zipped up shots takes up about 5.31MB. I may be able to remove some of the screenshots to make it smaller but still show what needs to be shown since some of them are dups or show the same thing.

Thanks, again, for the great game!

JediMasterNerd
    http://www.nerdtreehouse.com

JediMasterNerd
    Participant

@jedimasternerd wrote:

If someone wants to see the screenshots, let me know. The zipped up shots takes up about 5.31MB. I may be able to remove some of the screenshots to make it smaller but still show what needs to be shown since some of them are dups or show the same thing.

Just making sure the screenshots aren’t needed before I delete the files from my hard drive.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for message, sorry for the late response.
    You can send the pictures to me if you want. Although I am pretty sure it is a LOD problem. Was the tank on a steep hill side?

JediMasterNerd
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Thanks for message, sorry for the late response.
    You can send the pictures to me if you want. Although I am pretty sure it is a LOD problem. Was the tank on a steep hill side?

Yes, it was on a steep hillside… No problem on the timing of the response. I just didn’t want to get rid of the files without double checking first… 🙂 I’ve been really impressed with the amount of time spent on this game to begin with!! I’ve been wanting to learn more about writing games so I’m planning on going through your source to start my education a bit… I’ve done some work with HL engine, but mainly just adding server side admin/player features, not getting into the graphics side. I realize you are using SDL now, but just looking over the interfaces, and the game flow, etc is going to educate me quite a bit.

ruinzV2.0
    Participant

yeah ive ran into the problem a couple times myself, only when loading up 24 players on the island levels though. it happened several times in a row. i havnt run into it any other times though. so maybe a little tweaking on the player spawn should do the trick. something like making the ground solid and have the code set so it cant spawn you in there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.