This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

I predict …….

Seattle -27
    Broncos-10

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I predict people will keep calling a game ‘football’ that’s almost entirely played with the hands.

EDIT (2014/02/01):
    This message instantly dragged this off-topic thread, off-topic. I apologise for this, I’m a beach for doing it.

Chopper
    Participant

hey…they use their feet when the run with it. :mrgreen:
    Plus they kick it too from time to time.

I think I mentioned the owner of the Jaguars bought Fulham F.C.

in fact found this article in one of your papers
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/25/shahid-khan-fulham-owner-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl

I watch soccer during World Cup, especially when they show the ladies in the stands…..they’re pretty crazy.

passed 250 in WC today. =D>

oh and Broncos by 10 points.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Typical American, always going on the defensive instead of offensive 😉

You could have called me out on Rugby as that’s classed as a ‘football’ sport as well. Most of the teams are RFU’s which is Rugby Football Club. 🙂

Good job on the WDC’s. Hopefully the coin will get some attention again this month. Was surprised to see NEC get driven up last night. Almost reached my sell price for all 3 hundred I have left.

Been working on CASH (7k)and Prosper (700) coin’s recently, but now have one rig back on WDC, atleast for the time being.

Hyde911
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I predict people will keep calling a game ‘football’ that’s almost entirely played with the hands.

At least it isn’t called World Series.

Deathbal
    Participant

I realize the US. is lacking big time in the soccer department. The worlds has beens are the stars of MLS. As much as that bothers me, at least we give it a try. Why is American football not played anywhere else? You see baseball in various countries. Basketball and hockey are played in many countries, and played well. But when it comes to American football, it’s a no go. Can someone explain this to me? Is it too rough? 😆

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Because it’s a boring ass stupid game. Takes like 5 hours for 30 minutes of action.
    Rugby is far better but you sissy yanks with the need for all that body armour are too scared to play it, unlike the rest of the world (including the French).

One day you’ll realise the world’s existed for more than 250 years :p

Chopper
    Participant

If I have my history right…..in the last 250 years the yanks kicked limey butt not once but twice. 😆

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

And you’ve still gone on to replicate SO many of our mistakes, just in the typical ‘BIGGER’ way you colonials love to do.

Chopper
    Participant

Yep…right about that.

you know, been meaning to ask.
    The concussion thing is pretty big here right now.
    CBS has a show called “Sunday Morning” on every sunday, sort of a news and public interest sort of program.

They had a Joe Namath story on this morning. He took the New York Jets to win Super Bowl 3, back in 1969. He was quite a ground breaker (you can look it up) 45 years back. Wow, you could tell he had had his bell rung a few times. 72 years old and he was sort of coming and going.

Well, the Rugby and Soccer players…..play damn rough with NOTHING for protection. How long does a player last before he’s done? do they have the same sort of head injuries, knee and shoulder problems?

Sondra
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Well, the Rugby and Soccer players…..play damn rough with NOTHING for protection. How long does a player last before he’s done? do they have the same sort of head injuries, knee and shoulder problems?

Truly they have it as well those injuries. Some keep away from the game years.

And the average of soccer as you say it… For me is FOOTball can play as pro from the 18 until 35 or 36. Then if they wish they can train a football team

Deathbal
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Because it’s a boring ass stupid game. Takes like 5 hours for 30 minutes of action.

It is about 15 minutes of actual play, 2 hours of commercials, and 45 minutes of watching players stand around. Ok, I think I get the point. 😀

Anyway, it was a bigger beating than I thought. But a beating none the less. Everybody was picking Denver. Denver Denver Denver. Yet another over rated offense goes down to an elite defense. When will people learn?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

To hell with football, they’re just a bunch of sissies hugging and kissing eachother. When they’re not doing that, they’re taking 6 weeks off (and being paid <£100,000 a week) because they were kicked in the shin pad. The only bit of protection, they get kicked there and they're crying and screaming.

Anyway, Rugby.

They’re aren’t too many injuries because there’s no protection. Although it looks brutal, it’s not actually that bad when you’re doing it right.
    Get ya head and shoulder in the right spot and you won’t feel much.
    Get hit right and you won’t feel much (providing there’s a reasonably even weight difference).

It’s when it doesn’t go right that the problems arise. Get your head on the wrong side of the player and you could very well get your neck broken and die there and then, it does happen.

It’s a thugs game played by gents, that’s why it’s not too bad. If it looks like your actions combined with an opposing player’s actions will result in a major injury folks usually take avoiding action, fully aware that there’s no protection they could easily kill someone.

If you give it a go, give it 100%, if you hold back, you’ll find yourself in the wrong place and suffering injuries.

P.S. Modern players are sporting more and more protection (arm guards, shoulder pads, head/ear protection). It’s to be expected given the amount of money players are worth these days (it went pro about 10 years ago).

Chopper
    Participant

Hey man, just heard on local news that Jacksonville might host a World Cup game this spring at Everbank Field. Thats where the Jaguars play.

Cool huh, I might tool down there and watch. 8)

Deathbal
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Anyway, Rugby.

Dude, here in the US reruns of Sanford and Son, Chess matches, and rock paper scissor championships would get more viewers than Rugby. I am not saying rugby is a bad sport, just like I don’t think kick the can is a bad sport. Just that people here in the US would rather watch midget tossing contests over that boring event.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.