This topic contains 83 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

a banana
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

I also think you should consider adding the “wind change on move” thing to the main servers. (Make it a bit more of a challenge).

I’ve previously thought of this, too. Perhaps a chance (50%, maybe?) of a change of wind each move would be preferable? And maybe a limit to how radical the directional change could be so it would be a bit more realistic?

The potential downside of it would be that it could greatly advantage certain weps (funks & hogs in particular, and possibly lasers).

BOY
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

consider adding the “wind change on move” thing to the main servers. (Make it a bit more of a challenge).
    How about beginner, main, advanced?

If that is a suggestion to hamper the grid users, it will not do anything. Would likely give them a greater advantage.

In any case, I wasn’t in favor of more servers until now. Adding the wind on move idea would be a great way to add more skill and challenge to the game. Bring on the advanced server. 😉

apache64d
    Participant

All I know is that cbx is workin on something to keep the main server none-reachable to be used with a some kind of grid. Just the basic plan view will be there. No1will be able edit it and has a diffrent thing. It might be a square, like the map. Not like now, a circle.
    If cbx could put on some more details….>>>

mooic
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

consider adding the “wind change on move” thing to the main servers. (Make it a bit more of a challenge).
    How about beginner, main, advanced?

If that is a suggestion to hamper the grid users, it will not do anything. Would likely give them a greater advantage.

In any case, I wasn’t in favor of more servers until now. Adding the wind on move idea would be a great way to add more skill and challenge to the game. Bring on the advanced server. 😉

Erm, how can an unknown quantity like random unknown wind add skill? It will certainly make it a challenge! It would make a bm kill a total fluke if you could get one. Think of the situation, you have an easy snipe shot, 1000 pwr @ 5 degrees, you fire but the wind is F5 to the left! MISS, so next shot you re adjust into the wind, ‘easy shot’ you think, so you fire this time you get 0 wind and you still miss because you corrected for wind that wasnt there!
    Personally i favor the no grid option but this wind milarky will take all of the skill from the game and turn it into Funkeys at dawn 😉

Deathbal
    Participant

Personally i favor the no grid option but this wind milarky will take all of the skill from the game and turn it into Funkeys at dawn

I agree 100%. Maybe if there was just like a 5% chance the wind could change. But wind change on every turn will elliminate most if not all non seeking weapons.

Oh and BTW, it already is Funkies at dawn. 🙁 .

Bobirov
    Participant

AFAIK, the wind stays in roughly the same direction when you set it to change per move. It just deviates slightly each time, it won’t turn around 180 degrees or anything like that. Also, the wind speed stays the same for the duration of the round. So if it starts at force 5, it will remain at force 5 the whole round. It really isn’t all that bad, but it does make a bbm kill in force 4 or 5 winds pretty darn hard. 😛

BOY
    Participant

yes, it already is Funkys at dawn, of which the only good thing is rounds end quickly. Hard winds will then make them end more slowly as player struggle. 😀

We would need optional “Wind Force change on move” in addition to the “Wind direction change on move” to make it even harder. Good point Bob! 😛

InductiveOne
    Participant

The wind on move thing is cool I think. With lower speed winds mainly. You can see which way the wind is going before every shot so its not like it changes on the fly, you just have to get real good at riding the wind.

I also have to say, funkies are realy dependant on the wind. If there is level 5 wind you have to use them diffrently then if there is 0 wind. That said, I miss with funkies almost always (i just dont like them). There is skill to using a funky, just not as much if your shooting at a few people close together. I tend to miss when I want to land right next to a tank and hit them, often flinging it back at myself. Ask anyone that has ever played with me, I am a funktard.

BOY
    Participant

how about non integer values

4.3 wind! 😯

That would really screw them up!

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

AFAIK, the wind stays in roughly the same direction when you set it to change per move. It just deviates slightly each time, it won’t turn around 180 degrees or anything like that. Also, the wind speed stays the same for the duration of the round. So if it starts at force 5, it will remain at force 5 the whole round. It really isn’t all that bad, but it does make a bbm kill in force 4 or 5 winds pretty darn hard. 😛

Correct, it changes it by +/-20 degrees per move, and the force stays the same.

I had it set that way for quite a bit when I first started the Scavenger mod. It damned near caused a riot. lol

Although, I must say I kinda liked it, it also irked me often, as I would forget about it.

It’s a cool feature, but not for the mainstream servers, IMO.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.