This topic contains 83 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

HWB
    Participant

Don’t Leave Vihor

Picci
    Participant

ok, this is enough

(btw, V, i wasn’t in the list, *sigh*, but i would like u to stay…
    lol, ur so great at this game, there was a time this winter when i played soemthing like 8 hours a day for a week, and after that i realized i could aim where i wanted with fix angle (as i learmed from V !!!)

gtg,
    hope u don’t leave,
    bye,
    PICCI!

vihor
    Participant

today on work i m appreciate: i cant exist one day without scorchead and without scorched community (my second family).i must trample my decision, my charachter. shame. to many friends i have here. ty for nice words.

today i was just check who play scorch, and i saw demi. my master demi. i havent much thinks. join immidiately. i waitig long time for demis back. i cant leave now. i cant leave Jinx, BD, my lady, jock, bruin, naka sabi, np, cbx, irishbandit, boy, inductive one, byteme and many others…

cheater or not, bad or good, grid or non grid user, i ll stay. this game is my only thrue relaxation of real life.

Jinx wrote: TO ME THIS IS MORE THAN A GAME ITS A COMMUNITY OF PPL ASWELL WHO CHAT AND SHARE LIFES TRILES AND TRIBULATIONS AND LOVE AND RESPECT EACH OTHER

i know, sound very pathetic…my head watch down.

sorry again, my reaction was with to many emotion.

cya in game

😳

naka
    Participant

Dont leave vihor. just stay online and we will play from time to time. I play almost a year and i feel already tired. think the solution is not to resigh or taking a big brake, but not to play too much every day. 😆

1. I like the idea to turn grids off on all official server. the grid isnt much helpfull in big battles with many ppl.
    Also i dont think that shooting at 60 deg or around 60 deg is so great. low angle shoots (0 or below 20deg) are far more precise – you can get 1 kill shot even in force 5.

Why these countings are so much discussed here. i cant see a problem to play with anyone, and here are many players that love playing each other, Its doesnt matter if someone is grid user or not. Shooting good doenst mean you will win; and it is a big fun to win over some grid users!

2. dont like idea of cutting shooting time. it is not ‘blitz krieg’, some times there is need more time for thinking. What to shoot, shoot at who, and how, to run or port, what to do next after kill and etc. Situations can be very comlicated and cutting shooting time will give advantages to the grid users, they will shoot regardles how short time is.

Willis
    Participant

Sorry if some of people’s comments (or at least.. my comments) offend people but bear in mind.. in the grand scheme of things.. that’s all they are – comments. Words on a computer screen which can mean only as much as you let them.

*goes to first person* It’s nothing against the people – We merely have a topic to discuss and share our opinions about these things, hence people share. Some are.. brutally honest.

Again, don’t let my rantings of grids and counting and calculation formula’s act as bashing the person. I’d do that separately.😈

@vihor wrote:

today on work i m appreciate: i cant exist one day without scorchead and without scorched community (my second family).i must trample my decision, my charachter. shame. to many friends i have here. ty for nice words.

Glad to hear. Trust me when I say.. we all know how that feels.

JiNx
    Participant

GIVES VIHOR A BIG HUG
    SEE YOU ON THE BATTELFIELD SOON MY FRIEND

DireWolf
    Participant

I am very glad you are not leaving, I am sorry this whole thing was so blown out of proportion, I would never accuse you of cheating, that is not where I was coming from even if others were.
    I still feel the same way, about the grid, and about you, thank you for giving it another go, you would have been missed by many, and I hate to see any player leave this game out of anger or with hurt feelings, gaming is supposed to be fun.

And you dont sound pathetic, at all! WB.

Deathbal
    Participant

I hope I didn’t offend you Vihor, I consider you a class act. My comments were directed to another.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Also glad you didn’t leave 🙂

I hope you venture onto some of the other servers more though, I’d love to try to battle you on apoc or panther/jdog/scorchedwars! If you ever see me somewhere you should come beat me up.

🙂

and PS: I realy do think of you as an end boss haha… Like tyson in punch out or something. I broke at least 3 controllers trying to beat him.

oh and PPS: If I ever figure out a way to kill HWB I found a great idea :
    (i dont think there is anything offensive in this link, if there is, uh, sorry)

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Whew… I hate seeing so much negativity.

FWIW, I last used Warp Grid (in the inset map) back before v39. When v39 rolled around, I ditched it and never looked back.

As for the ctrl-G grid, I tend to play at high resolutions – and there are so many grid squares even at 1024×768 (let alone 1280×1024 or 1680×1050!) that I’ve never thought it worth the time to try to count them. Besides, I feel it’s a whole lot more fun to just judge the shot – and to use weapons, fuel, shields, and teles strategically.

I’ve only played Vihor a few times – and I’ve at least managed to put up a good fight. 🙂

V, I’m glad to see you’re sticking around!

apache64d
    Participant

Glad u didn’t leave V, no challange without u 😕
    cheers,

apache

Jock
    Participant

Right, now we have established that Vihor isn’t leaving which is good news though not originally what this threat was about. 🙄

The issue still remains what to do about the grid, as this was never about Bashing the table players just giving normal every day joe the chance to bag a few scores without having to funky every single shot.

I was in a game today and a player was getting table tips from another so he could get the perfect shot, also wheather or not they use the calculator.

Maybe i should have put a vote on it, but lets face it not much happens with these as not enough players vote.

The issue is still, put a load of steroids in front of a sprinter and tell him not to use them. As an unfair advantage is gained from him injecting them, not going to happen he will use them as he wishes to win. Same as grid just remove it then the temptation will no longer be there and we everyday joe’s will be back with a chance. 😉

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

With 5 pages worth of post: It is difficult to keep track of all that’s said.

But I believe it was said a few times, that the grid will not be present in the next version

I am sure that this issue was heavily debated by the admins and gavin as well (in private)
    It was probably even taken to a vote and the final decision to remove it was the democratic results of those votes. At least that is how I hope it was handled.

Perhaps one of the admins could post another announcement here stating their collective decision on the matter? hint hint..bid bold letters in color usually do the trick, short and to the point too

Jock
    Participant

It would be nice to get some clarity on the grid in the next version as i have heard that there will be a choice to enable or disable.. 😕

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

There are real people reading these forums…

Oi! Who u calling real? Speak for yourself.

Thought we did this topic. Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread but..

Cheating is cheating.

If a dictionary is cheating in a spelling test, then tables and square counting is cheating in Scorched.

I think the grid should be removed, no question. I also think you should consider adding the “wind change on move” thing to the main servers. (Make it a bit more of a challenge).
    How about beginner, main, advanced?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.