This topic contains 83 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

InductiveOne
    Participant

from bigbear:

@ InductiveOne
    Not sharing your opinion is not whining by default you know. If you want to sway people towards your sentiment I’d suggest you come up with some sort of argument instead of just telling people to be quiet and move on. If you lack in the arguments department or the topic is not to your liking, maby you should take your own advice and not say anything.

a) Sorry, was having an especialy bad day overall.

b) What I meant was, we have now had this discussion spill out into multiple threads, seems like a few people are taking time off (hopefully not in a permanant fashion) and currently, there is no better consensus then at the begining. Why this topic came up so aggressivly fast is, I believe, the strange part. I dont remember something horribly abnormal happening.

c) I was unhappy because someone kept saying _i_ was counting. I was just having a good night. That isn’t even what bugged me, it was that someone was like ‘your counting and cheating!’ and I said ‘no, I’m having a good night, why dont you all shoot at me first?’. I was playing with, I imagine, some newer players. They didn’t take my advice at all and got mad regardless of who I aimed at first. It struck me as so strange that, if everyone thinks someone is cheating (or just beating everyone up) why they dont go after them first? Like, if there are only a few people playing and one super tough bot, you dont even have to say anything. If the bot keeps killing people realy fast it is the best call to go after it first. To kill it so you live till shot 2 or 3, but also for the kill. I dont understand why people dont treat dominant players like that as well. I dont often have good night like that but when I do my intent is not to drive all the other players away, but to rile them up and get everyone attacking me until its impossible to get more then a few shots/kills.

d) BigBear, none of that was directed at you at all, it was a matter of me typing after I just got home trying to cool down from a bad day (realy bad). I just got agrivated seeing multiple threads on the same topic yet again.

e) For the record next time I see you playing I’m gonna come blow you up. Because I still owe you a few 🙂

f) The world is always better place when you end with a good ‘f’.

EDIT: I just realized something I meant to say something about. CBX dont hate on me cause this isn’t quite on topic 🙂

I think I feel the way about realy good/counting players as I feel about realy hard end bosses in old nintendo games. I plan on having boss type bots in an upcoming (soooo… slooowwwllly….. uppppcooommming…) mod I’m working on.

There should be some sort of uber scorched olympics against super mega tough bots. Something like Boy’s sniper mod single player. So it gets harder and harder. There could be a realy in depth scoring system and if you got over a special number you could be designated a special ‘big boss’ player status or something. The best of the best players (using whatever methods) could then have some sort of definining aspect (special glow or something, something that might show up everywhere in game) so everyone would know like, woh, this guy is the real deal better keep an eye peeled.

Ok, after typing all that I’m not sure thats the greatest ideas. In my head people of the skill level of vihor (sorry I keep naming you, but I swear every time I do, I say it as a overall skill comparison!) could apply to be scorched3d end bosses. Acualy, they could have like extra something and have it set that if you kill them you get some real big prize like a ’roundwin’ or a ton of money or something. I dunno, ok this went realy far off topic … Smack Away CBX 🙂

cbx550f
    Participant

I kinda feel like I would like it to go offtopic 😛

BOY
    Participant

I think I feel the way about realy good/counting players as I feel about realy hard end bosses in old nintendo games.

excellent viewpoint. Thats the description I’ve been looking for!

Deathbal
    Participant

Using an external tool along with the grid is unfair. Just like steroids in sports. To compare that example to USA vs Iraq is ridiculous at best, a red herring at worst. The exact same arguement you use can be used for allowing steroids.

Sports and Scorched are games. War and combat to the death are not. People and governments do what they have to do in order to survive no matter what. Sportsmanship in games is the complete opposite to politics and war. So the two cannot be compared with a straight face. If someone is chasing you with a clever, and near to you is a shotgun and a clever, only a raving lunatic would not pick up the shotgun. So please, stop using ridiculous comparisons to avoid a valid point.

vihor
    Participant

this is not thrue. im tired of the accusation. im sick of the others jelousy and disability. im off. uninstall…no more Vihor…

im enoy playing with many nice people. special thanx to: gcamp, demi, byteme, my lady mandy, jinx, brain damage, boy, jock, big bear, naka @sabi,wowbagger,ebonite, no more steve, inductive one, np, cbx, rene, outer, viking, miro, kraftwerk, xal, chmooreck, stupid dog, crispy critter, comedown, loki, soulfood, hwb, botkiller, paris, vitos, kid chaos…..

DireWolf
    Participant

@vihor wrote:

this is not thrue. im tired of the accusation. im sick of the others jelousy and disability. im off. uninstall…no more Vihor…

im enoy playing with many nice people. special thanx to: gcamp, demi, byteme, my lady mandy, jinx, brain damage, boy, jock, big bear, naka @sabi,wowbagger,ebonite, no more steve, inductive one, np, cbx, rene, outer, viking, miro, kraftwerk, xal, chmooreck, stupid dog, crispy critter, comedown, loki, soulfood, hwb, botkiller, paris, vitos, kid chaos…..

I am sorry that you feel this way, my problem was never with you, my problem was getting shot in 1 shot in level 5 wind from all the way across the map with a bb missle, more than one time, I am not jealous, but disabled, yes you could say that, because I am not using math and a grid, against someoene who was, in an mcb game, yes we were disabled, my problem is not you it is the grid and the possibility of having to use it and math to be able to compete anymore, this is not fun, my appologies to you Vihor if any of my words offended you, that was never my intention, and it was never directed personally at you 😕

JiNx
    Participant

v stay please dont go

BOY
    Participant

one thing for sure, if you play with vihor, don’t play by mcb rules… it is his favorite naturally. No more funky bomb to make all equal. 😉

V, I’m sorry to hear this. I understand though, because so many people have been picking on you. Many people are on your side, just rememeber that. I’ll never understand how the game is fun using tables and grids, but that is simply up to you.

Hope to see you soon.

mooic
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Using the grid is fair game, IMO, as it is included in the game. HOWEVER, due to popular demand, it will not be available on the official servers in the next version.

Have A Nice Day

cbx

@vihor wrote:

Hmmm. Not using the grid anymore? Why dont people come clean about using the grid, its not like murder!!! There would be no accusition if an admittance was made, their will always be jelousy because you are just too freakin good 🙂 , /i hope that you dont go Vihor as you are a really nice guy and it seems that others love being blown up by you even if I dont.

Irishbandit
    Participant

This is what i have been afraid of with all these grid topics 🙁 🙁 🙁

Sorry to see you go Vihor.

I think its time for these threads to stop 👿 👿 👿 👿

Viking62
    Participant

👿 Ya’ll proud of yourselves…..
    This is possibly the second great player chased away by the inuendo/accusations implied (directly/mostly indirectly). There are real people reading these forums. When you make comments with no regard to whom they may hurt…………….to me…………you might as well be an AI.
    Some call this politics. I say it’s manmade Bullpucky. When the greats are finally all ran off,maybe,just maybe;the #1 slot will become as cycled
    through as say the 25th slot. What meaning will it have to be #1….NONE!
    Whats the next step? Some have the power! Going to start banning players because you decided they are using the games attributes against you? Isnt that the real reason for topics like this one………………………..

Example: Linux is open source (follows no regulation)=control sought
    grid/ruler player (available-no regulation)=control sought

myself-I’ll play anyone…..get killed……dont cry……dont gripe….say ns…
    never quit & hope I learned something that I can use next time around=
    just like in my life.

(I apologize to all for harsh words……..The players that leave have to live with the agony of being referred (inuendo) to as cheaters. I bet that really hurts…especially when you acted like thier friend for so long)
    😳 Just think twice before you tap on those keys.There are real people on the other end in cyborspace.

Chopper
    Participant

Gosh Vihor…..you kinda hurt da Chop’s feelings leaving me off your list….. 🙁

@viking62 wrote:

👿
    …..myself-I’ll play anyone…..get killed……dont cry……dont gripe….say ns…
    never quit & hope I learned something that I can use next time around=
    just like in my life.

(I apologize to all for harsh words……..The players that leave have to live with the agony of being referred (inuendo) to as cheaters. I bet that really hurts…especially when you acted like thier friend for so long)
    😳 Just think twice before you tap on those keys.There are real people on the other end in cyborspace.

Nice comments Viking……oh and btw……If there wasn’t a damn grid….no one could accuse anyone of anything….right? Nice to know it’s being ditched.

I’ll miss Vihor…..but I’d miss DireWolf more.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Using the grid is fair game, IMO, as it is included in the game. HOWEVER, due to popular demand, it will not be available on the official servers in the next version.

Have A Nice Day

cbx

did everyone miss this?

@vihor: Please don’t leave the game my online friend.
    In my three series here, I have never encountered a tougher opponent than you.
    Recently you and I do not find each other in the same games as before.
    I used to play a lot around midnight (my time) and there you would be. Those days are more so in the past for me.

I’ve read the posts, and I honestly think that people here are not accusing you of cheating.
    On the other hand, if they are jealous……..who cares!!!

In my opinion, the root of the GRID issue originates from this (at least, this is the position I was defending, when requesting the removal of the grid)

Newbies like Shotzo & Primate & others I’m sure, through no fault of their own, downloaded this artillery game and did so with a strong background in programming. So naturally, being knowledgeable in programming they began to interrogate the engine that drives the game “the code” in hopes of solving the mystery of how to get the perfect 1 shot kill. They did so from a purely mathematical aspect and never once tried to hide their intentions to the community as to them it was a mystery that needed solving.

For most of us, we downloaded the game and started playing just because we were looking for another great game to play, some played a series or two and moved on…
    never to be seen again. Others made good friendships,
    enjoyed the thrill of chasing a target, & loved to chat with folks from all over the world (these folks never left & consider this place a home away from home)

To me, this is the reason I took a position for removing the grid. In my own naïve way of thinking, if the grid was gone I thought, it would be more difficult for a programmer to write a script that does all the math for you (no question that this would be cheating)

That way when the next Primate or Shotzo comes along (no offense guys, really, I wish I could program) they wont even know the grid ever existed. & can go about their business as they please. .

(just in case you are reading this and you have never played scorched3d: you do not need 1 ounce of math skill to be good at this game)

I never once cared who gridded & who didn’t (they can be killed just as easily with anything homing).

Apache in a previous post, said,
    “I’m not sure but vihor not long ago told me he isn’t counting anymore he just knows now what shot to make…he got all in his memory.”

I want to use that thought, to try to get you to stay. Heck, take a break then come back.

After all, every player that has stayed throughout the years has had to endure changes in the game: Having the grid removed should be seen in the same matter.

Examples:

1) pop-corn rollers in V40: yeah we all complained and griped, but we dealt with it and moved on. Even if their bouncy nature had not been “fixed”…we would still be playing this very day.
    Regarding these rollers, after a few weeks of playing, I knew I couldn’t just 1000 pwer them and expect a smooth roll to the target, rather..it required perhaps 850 in pwer in order to get the kill. It actually required a little more thought to get the kill.

2) increase in force shield price

3) increase in parachutes price

& so on and so on…adapt & evolve is key.

I strongly hope you reconsider staying, as many many players here have become that much better for having played against you.

The second reason why I was in favor of removing the grid is this: All the accusations and innuendos regarding cheating would be put to rest.

Can we finally put the issue to rest and get back to just scorchin? I hope so.

cheers,

NP

DireWolf
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

I’ll miss Vihor…..but I’d miss DireWolf more.

Thanx Chop. I aint leavin, and i really hope Vihor reconsiders, when I said leave the game, I meant the current game I was in, not the game itself, dont think I could if I tried, might be gone from time to time, but will always be around.

Others who have commented, please note, I have never said anything out of line or disrespectful to Vihor, I like him and have played with him many times, even in the game I took my beating like a man, always said NS and tried my best.

I feel horrible that this has happened, no BullShit, I really do!

my problem is with the exploit, not the user, I respect the fact that he can do what he can do, and now others want to grid, to me, this changes the whole concept of the game, and I dont agree with it, but that is my opinion and I am allowed to post it, but never once have I said a bad thing about Vihor, in the game or the forums.

🙁

SPYRER
    Participant

cbx550f wrote:

Should not the phrasing popular demand be changed to overwelming whine?

Why do we need to combat the influence of the grid using players? we all using a external tool (called the brain and eyes) anyway. Removing the grid does not alter the facts the zoom function is fixed as is the font size which are both methods reference in playing. Should go further and remove the chat funtions. Or damage caused by missed shots, hey they give you a “grid” to correct your aim.

Grids are and should remain a part of the game, and since clients are not checked for mods they can remain part of it with those players that are skilled enough adding some code line (copy/past from an old version).

Let’s give this up and move on to more important( or amusing ) topics. The To Do list is big enough for the next version. I am looking forward to cloaking devices and variable strength tanks (or are those unfair also?)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.