This topic contains 83 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #5223

    Jock
    Participant

    It has come to my attention that a lot more players are coming to the game using the Grid Table method.

    Some say this is fair others argue it’s not fair. Either way it’s getting to the stage where number crunchers are starting to take over. This has been argued until the end of time

    The new version of scorched i have heard will have the option to enable/disable the grid.

    Why not just save all the fuss and create 2 main servers. One for those who use grids and tables and one for those who just want to enjoy the game for what it is and have fun.

    This isn’t a dig at the number crunching table grid users, good on you WOW what brains you have, SWEET!

    I’d just like the option to play with regular weapons and not resorting to heavy ones because i have to.

    #38515

    BOY
    Participant

    we do have two main servers, one is called the beginners server. 😉

    There’s no reason the two servers must be the same settings, but doubt that grid and tables players are really taking over.

    #38516

    DireWolf
    Participant

    actually, I played last night night with a guy named skitzo, we were havin a good game too, then Vihor Joined 👿
    I like Vihor, but all the fun was sucked dry from the game, we stood no chance at all, nobody whined or complained, but it was very frustrating to get killed like that repeatedly, I am not saying the seperate server is the answer but I can assure you that if other players start grid counting and get good at it, it will drive away players, especially new ones, if my only option is to count squares to compete, well, lets just say I hope it dont come to that, but I refuse to be whooped like that again, so if you are obviously counting squares to the point where others dont have a chance, I dont hate anyone here but I will not stay the game, its not personal, just nobody enjoys getting beat like that!

    #38517

    Ebonite
    Participant

    to quote cbx, why not cut the shot time? 45 seconds is a bit much. maybe leave beginners at 45, but cut main to 35, or even 30.

    #38518

    Willis
    Participant

    I recall we tried that once, Ebo. A few months ago. (for other reasons)

    Within a week or two it got reverted back.

    #38519

    Deathbal
    Participant

    Personally I haven’t seen anyone besides Vihor that comes in and shoots with that kind of acuracy. But what’s the point? If it’s not your judgement that makes the kill, what do you get from it?

    How is it done anyway? You don’t have time to actually count them. So they must be using some kind of ruler on the screen to get a quick count., or some external program. That said, wouldn’t it be easy to go to a grid server, set it up, then they wouldn’t need the grid on a non grid server.

    #38520

    BigBear
    Participant

    I really, really like the idea.

    @Ebo wrote:

    to quote cbx, why not cut the shot time? 45 seconds is a bit much. maybe leave beginners at 45, but cut main to 35, or even 30.

    Since ctrl+g gridders need to use a ruler anyways they can aim as quickly as anyone else, so that won’t help much.

    @deathbal wrote:

    How is it done anyway? You don’t have time to actually count them. So they must be using some kind of ruler on the screen to get a quick count., or some external program. That said, wouldn’t it be easy to go to a grid server, set it up, then they wouldn’t need the grid on a non grid server.

    It doesn’t work like that. The grid is needed as a fixed point of reference for the tables.

    #38521

    BOY
    Participant

    It might be interesting to see who would play there if there was only one server allowing the grid, but personally I am really NOT in favor of more servers… that means a whole new bunch of issues…

    I really don’t care one way or the other about the grid. 😛

    #38522

    mooic
    Participant

    I too dont think that the number crunchers are taking over but i do know what you mean, it is no fun at all to be killed with such accuracy every time! Try using stratedgy, buy a bit of fuel a shield and a funky, 1st move run, then shield and funky on the second you have a good chance of taking such a player out. Or alternitivly just dont play! I dont have a problem with vihor personally he seems to be a really nice guy, but i wont join a game if he is playing and if he joins he usually waits for the next game so at that point i leave and go someware else. If everyone did this then maybe this type of player would get the message.

    #38523

    apache64d
    Participant

    I’m not sure but vihor not long ago told me he isn’t counting anymore he just knows now what shot to make…he got all in his memory. I hope he will reply to this post so we can maybe understand more.

    #38524

    Jock
    Participant

    How did this become a bash Vihor thread? 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

    Within this game Vihor has been a great player and a great scorched friend and should be commended… He has along with demi made me a better player. So leave this to one side.

    This was a general concensus about all grid users and a lot of you really do under estimate the amout of grid users there are and the impact they have on a game. As i have posted previously a lot more heavy weapons are being used not only because they are cheap, but also the 1 shot kill.

    Please keep to the question in hand should the server have a grid or not????

    😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

    #38525

    InductiveOne
    Participant

    So much… whining… Look, if someone seems to be killing everyone, everybody should be trying to kill them. If someone is winning in any game, they should be your target. All posts like this will end up doing is making people like vihor leave, which is stupid. I have played him a few times, he seems especialy good. I like playing him, and if anything I wish he would come play on other servers, because I dont like playing main servers.

    I dont know, you see so much complaining, yet in games one guy will be killing everyone while people are shooting at other tanks with 50% life posing no threat. Again, if you see someone stomp everyone over and over, every single person should be doing what they can to kill them. I dont mean this as an insult to consistantly good players, I mean this as a guide for life in general. Aim at the target that can hurt you the most. Always. Arg!!

    Can we stop complaining abour grid users or whatever and just kill them? Please?

    #38526

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    Ummm I like to play mcb with players that shoot that good helps me with my aim.

    AS far as the grid users i have seen some really awesome shooting as far as i know they didnt square count. Some people shoot that good. Any way it cant be proved one way or another if people really are using a grid. So its kind of a mute point.

    #38527

    DireWolf
    Participant

    @inductiveone wrote:

    So much… whining… Look, if someone seems to be killing everyone, everybody should be trying to kill them. If someone is winning in any game, they should be your target. All posts like this will end up doing is making people like vihor leave, which is stupid. I have played him a few times, he seems especialy good. I like playing him, and if anything I wish he would come play on other servers, because I dont like playing main servers.

    I dont know, you see so much complaining, yet in games one guy will be killing everyone while people are shooting at other tanks with 50% life posing no threat. Again, if you see someone stomp everyone over and over, every single person should be doing what they can to kill them. I dont mean this as an insult to consistantly good players, I mean this as a guide for life in general. Aim at the target that can hurt you the most. Always. Arg!!

    Can we stop complaining abour grid users or whatever and just kill them? Please?

    Call it what you want, be it a whiner then i am a whiner, even together we stood no chance, he was at least 98% accurate, and I dont dislike Vihor at all either, but the game loses its appeal knowing that if he targets you, you are as good as dead first shot out of the barrel, and as far as making somebody leave, that is what I am trying to keep from happening, people dont like playing a game if the is only a 98% chance to even survive when certain people play, my intention is not to drive anyone away, I even stated that I would leave before putting myself in that situation again.

    part of the function of these forums is to address problems with the game or the servers, and this is a problem to more than one person, so I made a comment.

    #38528

    Chopper
    Participant

    Went toe 2 toe with the mighty V….he got me by one round. I bought fuel and hauled azz…..and hammered up…he’s one tough sumbitch.

    If grids are a prob….just turn ’em off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.